PDA

View Full Version : Eh boy UPDATE! KDX200...

Kwaka-Kid
5th March 2005, 22:03
Well!

FINALLY today was the first chance ive gotten to get my KDX200H out on some waste land and get the feel for my first every 2 stroke.

now i had only ridden 2 strokes like twice before or something and although it feels so good and nice to finally have something so light, Shade and i were faced with about an hour and a half time to share the bike within. It was really different and took some getting used to, i got a little stuck in a hole thingy and it did come down on me once, and nearly crashed like a further 10x or something but for a change some luck kept coming my way and it all held together.

Shadey with little to no experience on dirt bikes at all (apart from a few turns on my XR200/500 previously) got out there and gave it a go too! Awesome, although shakey at first and stacked my poor beast climbing a decent hill i ripped it up, slapped him in the head and told him i aint lettin him giveup and he must conquer it.. He came right! Hit it faster, kept that momentum up and got some real smooth riding going, did awesome for his first time on a 2 stroke.

So now here are some pics... It was so much fun i cannot explain it! And it was just an awesome challenge getting used to having a sharp power band, one of the vert wheelies i popped up i actually slipped right back off the seat still hanging on and touched ground behind me with right foot twice and pushed it back over and revived it! felt so good and was such a rush i just had to have another few goes at it.

Pics are: wheelies, getting crossed up and sideways trying to land, doing a dropoff thingy, and shadey climbing the hill!

erik
5th March 2005, 22:14
Awesome pics mate :niceone:

Shade
6th March 2005, 06:17
Yeh was a wicked as day, pitty I kept crashin, haha. Cheers to logan for his helpfull tips, etc. And putting on a wicked show for me and the camera. Was awesome to see him go up the hill for the first time ever on the bike and jump the beast right off the bat. Eh Boys! :)

6Chris6
6th March 2005, 07:23
Top effort guys!

2 Strokes are addictive eh, so much fun to ride.
And it was about time you got another Kawa :p

**R1**
6th March 2005, 08:00
Nice!!!! good choice of bike...... Fully love my dirtbiking.

Coyote
6th March 2005, 08:16
Love to get my hands on a bigger 2 stroke. My KX rocks, and its only an 80

k14
6th March 2005, 08:50
Good stuff KK. If all goes well I will be joining the KDX club in the coming weeks, hopefully.

F5 Dave
7th March 2005, 09:45
Yeah mine was great.

Try here:
just kdx (http://justkdx.dirtrider.net/)

2_SL0
7th March 2005, 09:57
My personal fav dirtbike. :2thumbsup

Storm
7th March 2005, 11:36
Nice work lads. Always brightens my day to see keen hoons enjoying themselves in a legal fashion

**R1**
7th March 2005, 12:16
Good stuff KK. If all goes well I will be joining the KDX club in the coming weeks, hopefully.

Let us know when ya do,,,,,we do some epic dirtbike seshnz, fully good fun.

Two Smoker
7th March 2005, 15:31
Good shit Logo... looks like your having a blast and getting those wheelies sussed hehehe.... Ill have to come and have a go if you dont mind sometime???

Kwaka-Kid
7th March 2005, 18:09
yeep!

Chur guys, i thought people would like hte pics, i really did, it was so much fun and i got to do a few dropoffs which were always my worst area of trail riding when i was young, all i remember of them was biting the dirt more often then not and never working out exactly what made them so difficult.

also thanks for the link, checking it out now :)

Shade
8th March 2005, 07:56
Heheh,, bro you almost bit the dirt in the first one ! :)

inlinefour
11th March 2005, 23:57
I miss the days of going crazy on a motorcross bike though the pines, on the beach or on a track. Might have to keep an eye out for another cheap MX bike. I like the pics. :2thumbsup

PZR
14th March 2005, 20:11
Oh yes I want one.:wari:

I have been looking at KDX's recently having deceided that's what I want. I have never done any off road riding at all before but at Xmas I had a go up on my brother in laws farm and I had an absolute blast on his old DR. I had a go on a brand new KTM 200 as well but that frightened the shit out of me so I'll start out a bit slower I think until I upskill somewhat. All I need now is enough money to buy something. Probably looking at next summer hopefully. (fingers crossed)
Bring it on..........