PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone, locatelli

locatelli
21st March 2009, 21:24
Been looking round the site for a while so thought better sign up. So for anyone interested here’s my newbie speak…..

Bikes have been in the family since I was born. My dad used to race in the fifties, scrambles, trials, beach racing. My brother & I built a mini bike we used to ride round the front lawn when I was about 10. Would ride pillion with my dad to various bike rallies over the years.

When I started work (was lucky enough to get a job in the m/c industry) bought my 1st bike. Now we’re talking eighties here, so was a Kawasaki Z200 and then a 1983 Honda VT250FD which I still have today, but unfortunately hasn’t been run in years. Sort of lost interest in the riding part but still have the passion for bikes.

Love motorsport and would love one day to go to either a Moto GP or World Superbike race. Have been lucky enough to have gone to a number of the Aussie F1 GP races (Adelaide & Melbourne) & the V8’s in Adelaide. Been to Motor Shows in Tokyo a few times and love to holiday in Singapore.

Once you get bikes in your system and the smell of an oily rag it’s there for life. So that’s a little bit bout me, hope haven’t board too many of ya that read this. Cheers and safe riding everyone......locatelli

kiwifruit
21st March 2009, 22:07
Welcome to the site :)

jtzzr
22nd March 2009, 08:18
Welcome mate...

Skunk Control
22nd March 2009, 10:49
Welcome to KB

sosman
22nd March 2009, 11:31
Yr first name Roberto? (Gp125 rider):lol: ...Welcome mate!

locatelli
22nd March 2009, 12:48
Thanks kiwifruit for the welcome.

locatelli
22nd March 2009, 12:54
Thanks jtzzr for the welcome.

locatelli
22nd March 2009, 12:55
Hi Skunk Control, thanks for the welcome.

locatelli
22nd March 2009, 13:04
Yr first name Roberto? (Gp125 rider):lol: ...Welcome mate!

Haha, you can call me Roberta! :laugh: think you'll find he's a Gp250 rider and former GP125 world champ, thanks for the welcome sos

FJRider
22nd March 2009, 13:12
Welcome to the site... get yourself a workshop manual for the Vt, and get it going. Any problems... ask questions on site. Be prepared for silly answers... but you may be supprised at the helpful response. There are some guys that love assisting a chick in distress...... ;)

locatelli
22nd March 2009, 13:25
Thanks FJRider, yeh know whats wrong with it, mufflers rusted, ignition is stuffed but do I want to spend the money to fix it! Thanks for your advice and warm welcome.

LBD
22nd March 2009, 13:26
. Now we’re talking eighties here, so was a Kawasaki Z200 and then a 1983 Honda VT250FD which I still have today, but unfortunately hasn’t been run in years. Sort of lost interest in the riding part but still have the passion for bikes.
.....locatelli

Hi locatelli, Interesting name, how did you conjour that one up?

Bikes from the 80's....yer still a young un. Well maybe not as young as some of those on this site...he's to you adding some maturity.

I'd like to see your passion for bikes get you on the road, great fun and bonhomme...mostly.

Welcome, LBD

locatelli
22nd March 2009, 14:05
Hi locatelli, Interesting name, how did you conjour that one up?

Bikes from the 80's....yer still a young un. Well maybe not as young as some of those on this site...he's to you adding some maturity.

I'd like to see your passion for bikes get you on the road, great fun and bonhomme...mostly.

Welcome, LBD

Thanks LBD for the warm welcome.

If you look at my avatar that is "Locatelli" who IS named after the GP rider.

Don't know bout getting back on the road at the mo, maybe one day.

FJRider
22nd March 2009, 14:50
Don't know bout getting back on the road at the mo, maybe one day.

One day at a time. Most bike wreckers have E.mail addresses, and have contact with other wreckers. If you know what you need, send an E.mail to one. asking if what you need is available. AND cost of said part. Piece by piece... it will happen, that you have a bike that goes.... in your budget too...

sosman
22nd March 2009, 16:58
Oops double post :doh: comming up

sosman
22nd March 2009, 17:00
Haha, you can call me Roberta! :laugh: think you'll find he's a Gp250 rider and former GP125 world champ, thanks for the welcome sos

Oops yr right!...me bad :spanking:

Sharry
22nd March 2009, 17:58
Welcome to KB, you just have to love bikes to be here :niceone:

locatelli
22nd March 2009, 19:10
Welcome to KB, you just have to love bikes to be here :niceone:

Thanks for the welcome Sharry.