PDA

View Full Version : Crappers

aff-man
2nd October 2003, 10:47
Well it had to happen i get the new bike and i put it over......going up my driveway. I hit a small pile of wet pine needles which pushed the back tyre out a bit, now normally i could recover with a bit of a srain and a bit of a scare. But no the small pile pushed the tyre into the larger one on the side of the driveway which after throwing me off i had the %@&#$^#$@%#@ experience of watching my beautifull bik slide up the driveway what a crap day:( :( :( :argh: :beer: :beer:

MikeL
2nd October 2003, 10:49
Sorry to hear about that Aff-man. What's the damage?

aff-man
2nd October 2003, 15:44
Well not as bad as i thought needing 1 new clutch lever as always and only 1 grated fairing so i did come off a bit light. The hole in my jacket and swollen elbow are just bloody annoying. My poor baby is not mint condition anymore :( :( :argh: :argh:  I am at the moment trying to find anyone who will spray 1 lower left fairing of a zxr250 for a decent price does anyone know anybody??? The colour is plain black and so should be pretty easy to match.

jrandom
2nd October 2003, 16:09
Leave the fairing as it is. Adds character, dunnit.

wkid_one
2nd October 2003, 16:47
Go see Brent at Spectrum

Nouseforaname
2nd October 2003, 18:07
Sorry to hear aff-man, i know the feeling........ i dropped my bike at about 10kph when i put the front brake on outside the diary at Piha and didnt realise the extremely fine sand below me...... bike just dropped without any chance of saving it:argh:

Very minor damage but even one little scratch ruins a great new paint job.

Hope ya get it sorted ok and i guess thankfully it wasnt worse.......i did my little stunt in front of about 6 of the sexiest bikini clad women ive ever seen...... i just picked it up, jumped on and floored it:D

bikerboy
2nd October 2003, 19:34
I'm sure we all know how that feels.
Very sorry too hear but now the new bike has been scarred you can relax and enjoy it.:o

Antallica
2nd October 2003, 20:19
Been there, done that... at least you don't have to fork out $90 every time a mirror snaps off :(

Andrew
2nd October 2003, 22:25
Ironic, we both get ZXR 250's and both of them need a need paint job on the lower fairing. My bike won't be out of spraying until the weekend. It cost around $250 to have the lower fairing sprayed.
Expensive, but it had to be done for me at least.
But go talk to Dave, hes a real genuine guy.

aff-man
9th October 2003, 09:41
Right got the spraying lined up but the problem is the graphic. Talked to a signwriter and he basically said it is easy enough but the traceing of the graphic is the real wallet kicker. So i was wondering if anyone out there had the sketches for the lower fairing decal. It is just the KRAS one with the arrow through it and kawasaki ram air system written in small beneath it. Or altenativley i will get it done from scratch and he says he could print out a couple of them so if anyone wants to go in on them give me a pm. I'll be doing it next week. :niceone:

wkid_one
9th October 2003, 12:05
Why bother?

aff-man
9th October 2003, 12:11
:gob: :gob: :gob:  BECAUSE i want my bike back in pristine condition. Looking good. If i don't get it back into the origional condition every time i look at it i'll just get pissed off at myself for f*&king up . And besides the plane black faiing will look a bit empty without it.

georgedubyabush
9th October 2003, 13:01
You could go another way, get ZX2R or Ninja decals from Kawasaki, though that might cost even more than from a sign writer.

That KRAS is a lie anyway on the 250

:o

aff-man
9th October 2003, 13:25
Yes it probably would be more expensive ...And  i know it's a lie but shhhhhhhhhh don't tell anybody:D :D

wkid_one
9th October 2003, 14:15
Buy the stickers OEM

Kwaka-Kid
9th October 2003, 17:03
buger aff-boy! that sucks man.. yeah ive had similar problem... after owning the big GPZ750 for a week i think oneday rushing to get to soccer i reversed it on steep diveway and across it sorta thing, hard to say, but basically did a 3 point reverse turn to face down the rest of the drive.. and as i was on hte slope horozontally my foot slipped on gravel stupid part of driveway and sliiiiiiiip... slowly.. and luckily gentally lowerd.. i couldnt hold her up, lowerd right down and just cracked the corner off the fairing blade. :( that ruined that day.

Nouseforaname
9th October 2003, 17:18
Go see the guys at "Reflections" in glenfield........... they are just around the corner from my work but i forget the name of the road. When i needed some decals done he had uber amounts of stuff on his PC. and he was very well priced:-)

As georgedubyabush said...... get the zx-2r decals, i slapped them on my bike, much nicer than the standard zxr ones i think.

kawasaki along the gas tank
Ninja along the fairings
zx-2r on the rear under the bitch seat

wkid_one
9th October 2003, 19:32
Originally posted by Nouseforaname

I prefer to refer to this as the 'lick and stick pad'

georgedubyabush
9th October 2003, 21:51

kawasaki along the gas tank
Ninja along the fairings

Shit, you have my exact bike but in black. Is a '92 still an A? (classy twin round headlights, the'll come back into fashion one day...)

aff-man
10th October 2003, 13:22
Mine has got the sexy twin headlights:D . But i think i'll stick to the origional stickers hmmmm maybe we should have a zxr250 ride:D  seems to be sooo many out there

Nouseforaname
10th October 2003, 16:05
georgedubyabush, yeh it has the twin headlights but you can only tell that they are twins when they are turned on, when they are turned off it just looks like one normal headlight........ if that makes sense?

georgedubyabush
11th October 2003, 09:08
georgedubyabush, yeh it has the twin headlights but you can only tell that they are twins when they are turned on, when they are turned off it just looks like one normal headlight........ if that makes sense?

yeah. I think so. You have the later model with the more 'modern' zxr look

georgedubyabush
11th October 2003, 20:11
Found some fantastic decals for you:

Go on... you know you want to.

Andrew
11th October 2003, 20:53
Originally posted by georgedubyabush
Found some fantastic decals for you:

Go on... you know you want to.

Some how pink is the most suitable colour to go with that decal. Don't know why, just is!!

georgedubyabush
11th October 2003, 21:21
At least it would never get stolen.

Then again, you'd have to contend with...

People pushing it over, kicking it, urinating on it, spewing on it, setting it alight.

You'd also have Justin Timberlake between your legs

:eek5:   :bash:    :sick:    :puke:

aff-man
21st October 2003, 09:30
ah well my baby is all fixed and looking sexy as ever for a bit cheaper than what i thought :rockon: :rockon: