PDA

View Full Version : tf125 - too much power.

The Pastor
22nd March 2009, 18:01
I should of heeded the mormon few's advice. The TF 125 has too much power.

Power hurts :(

YellowDog
22nd March 2009, 18:03

Well it seems to have dried your hair on your avatar pretty well :laugh:

Mom
22nd March 2009, 18:04
Did the nasty power band bite you RM? Arnica cream works well on bumps and bruises :sunny:

YellowDog
22nd March 2009, 18:09
Have seen some great stunt photos of TF125s.

What was the occasion/event?

The Pastor
22nd March 2009, 18:15
Its a project bike of mine and i striped it down to paint it.

put it back to gether and it wouldnt run, and as i live on top of a massvie hill i thought i could roll start it as often it gets my bikes going...

but the clutch was broken, but i thought hmm, netural down the hill then up into 2nd.

Works well. What dosnt work well is stopping the power was maxiumium

turns out i installed the throttle cables / carb around the wrong way or somthing and it took offf like a rocket leaving me sliding down some very rough chip seal.

so stuck the bike into netral and started up and sure enough its reving its tits off. Still dont know what excatly was wrong but after a few hrs of adjusting everything that moves, its running pretty sweet now, although its using a bit too much oil but im not too worried.

The Pastor
22nd March 2009, 18:16
oh and after adjusting it for some reason it wouldnt start again. so dad wanted to roll start it. same thing happend but luckly he stoped it like 1M from the back of the neighbours parked car! I think he wouldnt be walking if he had hit it!

man the power is maximum!

YellowDog
22nd March 2009, 18:27
Now that's what I call a project. Well done!

It's a shame you kept it to yourself. May be you should have invited a few mates around to share the spoils. More hands and all that.

The Pastor
22nd March 2009, 18:29
Now that's what I call a project. Well done!

It's a shame you kept it to yourself. May be you should have invited a few mates around to share the spoils. More hands and all that.
magua has put a lot of time into it as well _b because working on bikes is what bikers do.

gijoe1313
22nd March 2009, 19:58
This thread is useless without pics! :bleh:

Glad to hear your dad made it upright and intact!

carver
22nd March 2009, 20:12

"got any toilet paper-i think i shit myself"

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z7CrbbsaASE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z7CrbbsaASE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>