PDA

View Full Version : Spice up your commute...

Mikkel
24th March 2009, 19:06
...by loosing the front wheel going around a left hand corner at about 50 km/h.

Between a motard and proper riding gear it's a curious, and hardly painful at all, experience somewhere between sliding and flying. Also, the sparks that a sliding motorcycle makes are rather pretty.

Yay for motards - they crash well.
Yay for pre-crashed leathers - they are used to the treatment.
Yay for fat white stripes - they will remind you of how big an idiot you are.

Not even the cop bothered to stop while I was parked up rather oddly on a grassy area between the dual carriageways.

SeppoDave
24th March 2009, 21:19
Nice going Mikkel!

Nothing like a lowside to make you feel embarrassed but (relatively) unhurt. I did the same at Taupo the last track day. A little faster, maybe 80, but apart from some scratches to the handguard the only other damage was to the ol' pride. Mind you, a few bruises started to show on my pride a few days later!!

Gonna try it again this Saturday!

Mikkel
28th March 2009, 19:29
Looks like something did happen after all. My muffler mount has broken off the subframe - bugger bugger bugger. Just found out tonight while out on a piece of farm track. Some #8 wire broken off a fence saw me home without it falling off. Still, fuck it!

Spuds1234
28th March 2009, 21:11
Ouch Mikkel, Im sorry to hear that.

Any idea when it will be back on the road?

Mikkel
28th March 2009, 23:45
Ouch Mikkel, Im sorry to hear that.

Any idea when it will be back on the road?

Since the spill it has only "left" the road for approximately 1 hours. 30 mins on wednesday heading up to the Summit Road via unothodox means and likewise today ;)

As said, they crash well. :yes:

Gotta sort out something to prevent to muffler from literally rattling off though.

vindy500
29th March 2009, 00:48
just cable tie it on