PDA

View Full Version : Hm. I think I missed doing this, so, belatedly

Ixion
7th March 2005, 12:35
Hi All

Been riding bikes since the 60's . Currently a BMW K75. In two minds about it, maybe I'll get to like it. Or maybe not.

I'm eclectic about bikes, I've owned a good selection of Brit and Jap iron, big and small, on road and off road. Never a HD or Italian, but that's just because I never had the chance.

What I require of a bike is that it will rapidly take me wherever the road goes. Seal, gravel, dry, wet, night whatever. If that's where the road (or some semblence of it ) goes that's where I go.

So long as it's got two wheels, it's all good. I'll give you a big wave.

Never have been a flat out at all costs rider. I ride to survive, and it's kept me in one piece for about half a million K's. Never have crashed a bike on the road. (I'd also say I've never had a speeding ticket, but i fear it might be too tempting for the fates, since I regularly would be in danger of them). :2thumbsup

sels1
7th March 2005, 12:39
welcome aboard Ixion :spudwave:

Joni
7th March 2005, 12:42
Better late than never I always say....
:2thumbsup
Welcome! Some really amazing people here...

Storm
7th March 2005, 12:43
Welcome to the site mate. Glad to see you will be a voice of sanity amongst the raving loons around here-at least until they get to you too.........................

MSTRS
7th March 2005, 14:39
Welcome to your second childhood. Enjoy.

vifferman
7th March 2005, 14:54
(I'd also say I've never had a speeding ticket, but i fear it might be too tempting for the fates, since I regularly would be in danger of them). :2thumbsup
You may have already jinxed yourself. :eek:
I got a ticket for $300 and 40 points, the day after saying, "Umm... at the risk of risking the BikerGods wrath, I haven't had a ticket in 30 years..." :angry2:

Madguitarist!
7th March 2005, 19:43
Welcome mate! Good to have some more wiser riders win the crwod! :2thumbsup

Biff
7th March 2005, 20:59
:spudwave: Welcome

outlawtorn
7th March 2005, 22:56
welcome to the nicest corner of the internet....

Enjoy your stay...

Skunk
8th March 2005, 09:20
As they say: welcome. :spudwave:

Sniper
8th March 2005, 09:42
Welcome, hope you arnt scared

Ixion
8th March 2005, 18:55
You may have already jinxed yourself. :eek:
I got a ticket for $300 and 40 points, the day after saying, "Umm... at the risk of risking the BikerGods wrath, I haven't had a ticket in 30 years..." :angry2:

Well, it's been more than a day now . But you may be right - that bastidge Jove certainly gave me a rap on the knuckles (but then he's had it in for me ever since that unfortunate incident with the cloud. Some gods just bear a grudge)

Coming back from Helensville way Sunday - past Kumeu , still in the 100k area, and up behind a convoy of three cars - Stan, Madge and Harry, out for their Sunday drive at 70kph.

Can't do anything for a bit, yellow lines and oncoming traffic.

Then a likely bit of road comes up - bit of a left curve, but it looks clear ahead, no yellow lines, no oncoming, no dangerous side turnings or fruit stalls etc . I can take all three of them in one hit.

Drop into 4th, wait until I'm just round the curve to be on the safe side, still nothing coming, no yellow lines , Harry Madge and Stan still tootling along - --- and AWAY we go . Blast past Harry (or maybe it was Madge, they all look the same ), then (thank the Good Lord) glance to the left and just a bit ahead off the side of the road is a watching cop car !!.

Sh*t oh sh*t - and at this point my rash boast did indeed run through my mind ! That bastidge Nemesis has caught me at last ! Hit the anchors *real* hard, at the same time as I dive left to get back into the line - flick a glance to make sure that Stan (or Harry) hasn't closed up the gap . No, still OK. Glance at the speedo sh*t sh*t sh*t still over 120kph sh*t Honest I'll never boast again honest. Thank the Herrenvolken for ABS if nothing else.Back in line between Harry and Stan (or maybe it's Madge and Harry).

Wait and watch the mirrors for the flashing lights.

Nothing . Nothing at all. Whewwwwww.

Don't know whether Madge (or Harry) shielded me from the laser. Or if he was just being Nice Mr Plod that day . Or what.

But honest, I'm never boasting again !.

MSTRS
8th March 2005, 19:04
[QUOTE=Ixion

Don't know whether Madge (or Harry) shielded me from the laser.
[/QUOTE]
Probably - smaller 'signature' from a bike is hard to pick up

Krusti
8th March 2005, 19:08
:bye: HELLO :bye:

Ms Piggy
9th March 2005, 06:23
Welcome on board, it's great that you have been an ecletic biker b/c we are a group of ecletic riders - good, mad, bad and smelly. :spudwave:

Blackbird
9th March 2005, 06:32
Welcome and nice use of grammar - Hitcher would be proud of you :2thumbsup

Geoff