PDA

View Full Version : Daytona 675 help please

saul
27th March 2009, 18:06
Hi guys I am going to the South Island in a week and had a Ventura rack system ordered from the shop.

It was supposed to turn up yesterday. However, it didn't and have since found out that it wont be available for another two weeks:spanking:

Have any of you got one you can lend me for a couple of weeks:niceone:

If you can help me, please get in contact as soon as possible:niceone:

Thanks very much.

2much
28th March 2009, 05:54
Oh mate that sucks, hope you told them what you thought of ém. Sorry I can't be much help... if you haven't already got soft panniers, they're bloody brilliant. What are ya plans for the S.I.?

Anyway... BUMP!

Cajun
28th March 2009, 06:34
i have a set of soft pannies you can borrow if ya have no luck with packrack.

saul
28th March 2009, 08:32
i have a set of soft pannies you can borrow if ya have no luck with packrack.

Thanks Neal thats very kind:niceone:

Do they go over the rear seat?

saul
28th March 2009, 08:35
Oh mate that sucks, hope you told them what you thought of ém. Sorry I can't be much help... if you haven't already got soft panniers, they're bloody brilliant. What are ya plans for the S.I.?

Anyway... BUMP!

Cheers M

Just one of those things I think mate. They said no worries without checking then oh bum theres a problem.

It'll get sorted.

G

slydesigns
28th March 2009, 14:24
God I cant STAND running packs off the 675... it just seems wrong. I prefer an ICON Squad backpack, a small ICON tank bag and couriering the rest to major destinations on the trip.

saul
28th March 2009, 15:43
God I cant STAND running packs off the 675... it just seems wrong. I prefer an ICON Squad backpack, a small ICON tank bag and couriering the rest to major destinations on the trip.

Yeh not that pretty, but I dont like tank bags or packs, really ruins the concept of wheelies or getting your knee down.

Dont worry mate its not wrong.

Thanks for your thoughts:devil2:

trumpy
28th March 2009, 16:09
I have a set of soft panniers that fit my Speedy Four you are more than welcome to borrow. I have set them up to put one strap under the seat and one strap over to make them more secure. There's a bunch of zip lock bags that go with them as well to keep your stuff dry. P.M. me if you want them.

saul
28th March 2009, 16:24
I have a set of soft panniers that fit my Speedy Four you are more than welcome to borrow. I have set them up to put one strap under the seat and one strap over to make them more secure. There's a bunch of zip lock bags that go with them as well to keep your stuff dry. P.M. me if you want them.

Thanks man PM on its way:niceone:

MD
30th March 2009, 21:18
Saul, I use Oxford sports panniers on the Dayt. 675. Work fine. I've just got home tonight from 4 days around East Cape-Tga-Hammy and back down the west side of lake Taupo. The 675 makes a better tourer than most would believe. Good tank range helps.

Back packs are a pain on trips. These oxfords bags are quick to throw over the rear seat. Quick pull cords around each rear footrest and I attach a real short bungy cord to the rear of one bag-around the number plate hanger -back to the rear of the other bag. This stop them sliding forward into the rider. Takes seconds to fit and they carry heaps. They are designed to run one of three top straps under the pillion seat to keep it in place, but as you know the 675 pillion seat is a hassle to remove.
Here's a pick of them ..incidently taken 2 hours after I was involved in the Buller Gorge cop vs bikes crash.Edit- oh yeah they supposedly wont scratch the paintwork. But to be safe I put a cloth across the seat first. And the panniers are more aerodynamic than a pack rack...but most importantly, packracks are soooo uncool.

Mystic13
31st March 2009, 07:50
Saul, I use Oxford sports panniers on the Dayt. 675. Work fine. I've just got home tonight from 4 days around East Cape-Tga-Hammy and back down the west side of lake Taupo. The 675 makes a better tourer than most would believe. Good tank range helps.

Back packs are a pain on trips. These oxfords bags are quick to throw over the rear seat. Quick pull cords around each rear footrest and I attach a real short bungy cord to the rear of one bag-around the number plate hanger -back to the rear of the other bag. This stop them sliding forward into the rider. Takes seconds to fit and they carry heaps. They are designed to run one of three top straps under the pillion seat to keep it in place, but as you know the 675 pillion seat is a hassle to remove.
Here's a pick of them ..incidently taken 2 hours after I was involved in the Buller Gorge cop vs bikes crash.Edit- oh yeah they supposedly wont scratch the paintwork. But to be safe I put a cloth across the seat first. And the panniers are more aerodynamic than a pack rack...but most importantly, packracks are soooo uncool.

Mark are those chicken strips I see on your back tyres. Don't tell me you've gone soft. lol.

The bike looks good.

Cheers.

saul
31st March 2009, 08:40

Yes mate looks like I am going that way as well:love:

Thanks for the info I will do a pre fit to get it sorted how I want it.

Thanks to all that responded Naughty :love:and I are ready to rock:chase: