PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a GT

Kdouble
27th March 2009, 18:21
Alright guys bear with me here, My first ever motorbike was an old GT125 Ram air, it cost me $50 and I loved it to pieces (Literally) after a couple of months it ended up with a hole in the top of one of the pistons :angry: the bike was then sourced for parts and the rest thrown in the dump.

Basically I'm wanting to relive that moment without the whole engine blowing up thing, I'm looking for an old Suzuki GT preferably the 380 or above, that I can restore.

So if you've got one of these old beauties stuck in a shed somewhere that you want to sell chuck me a PM please

SPman
27th March 2009, 19:12
Threw it in the dump!

Vandal!

I've got a GT250, but you're not getting it. - why a 380? Even when new we reckoned they were gutless wonders...along with the CB350/4....

KiwiKat
27th March 2009, 20:44
You are showing your age.

GT125 Ram Air were awesome bikes for a 125 in their day.:niceone: A nice looking little machine. Much better style than the 250 which seemed dated. The GT380 was magic to ride but had a low top speed. A good Jap collectible. Sweet gearbox and digital readout. I hope you find one.

shafty
27th March 2009, 23:45
My first bike was a blue GT125, ram air, complete with FRONT DISC BRAKE, and I too have had a (casual) eye out - good luck, a fun bike as my first freedom machine

pete376403
28th March 2009, 20:11
You are showing your age.

GT125 Ram Air were awesome bikes for a 125 in their day.:niceone: A nice looking little machine. Much better style than the 250 which seemed dated. The GT380 was magic to ride but had a low top speed. A good Jap collectible. Sweet gearbox and digital readout. I hope you find one.
GT550 was better - Cycle magazine said "if it was any more perfect it would be invisible"