PDA

View Full Version : GSXR K7 Stolen (27 March)

dashR
27th March 2009, 19:11
Hello,

My GSXR1000 K7 was stolen today from the Wilson Parking Anzac Ave, Auckland CBD today.

Rego: 41YTL (if i remember correctly)

Is demo model with 4 into 1 titanium exhaust system and crash bungs. Also has 'road and sport' stickers on the fearings.

Dam this sux!

DashR

Mully
27th March 2009, 19:34
Sucks bro. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Of course - Wilson will wash their hands of it. Fuckers.

GOONR
27th March 2009, 19:43
Sucks bro. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Of course - Wilson will wash their hands of it. Fuckers.

Same goes....

Do they have camera's on the exits?

Crazy Steve
27th March 2009, 19:45
Hey thats my old bike.....:whistle:

And no I didn't have a spare key....:sweatdrop

Crazy Steve..

dashR
27th March 2009, 19:48
Yea they got cameras - They are rolling on HDD's but can't get access until monday!

Crazy Steve
27th March 2009, 19:53
Hope this helps dude..

Goodluck getting it back...

Crazy Steve..

dashR
27th March 2009, 19:58
Yea cheers bro

I couldn't find any pics of the plate.

Cosmo
27th March 2009, 21:04
Sorry to hear about your bike mate. You must be gutted. If a bike get stolen would it likely be stripped for parts or moved to another part of the country? (Just in case it does end up down south)

jaymzw
27th March 2009, 21:10
The worst part about owning the best bike! (gixxers)
Every other useless bastard wants one!
Hopefully the camera's show you enough to catch the bastards but i wouldn't hold my breath unfortunately.
Are you insured?
And yes just to confirm that is the correct plate...
Sorry to hear about it mate...

zzzbang
27th March 2009, 21:50
what the hell is up with this, bikes getting stolen basically everyday out of auckland region.. some fkin serial thieves on the loose, cops gota get their arses in gear FFS.

shafty
27th March 2009, 22:29
Sympathies Dude and EYES PEELED

skidMark
27th March 2009, 22:34
what the hell is up with this, bikes getting stolen basically everyday out of auckland region.. some fkin serial thieves on the loose, cops gota get their arses in gear FFS.

They rip off up to 12 a week at auckland uni...

Quailboy
27th March 2009, 22:43
Sorry to hear that man! Such a nice bike.

I will also be on the lookout.

HungusMaximist
27th March 2009, 22:51
Mate, looking in hindsight you should have anchored the wheel with a chain/cable lock to something solid and stationary.

Motorcycles and scooters are ridiculously easy to steal. All they have to do is just get pumped up on adrenaline and lift the fucker into their van or ute.

If those cock sucking cunts want it bad enough, they'll get it. All you can do is minimise your risks by chucking locks on and pray they don't steal your bike.

Grant`
27th March 2009, 23:00
Gutted to hear, always sucks when ya pride and joy is violated by some fucker with no real hope in life.

fizbin
28th March 2009, 05:43
Prob wont help, but i when i was picking my wife up yesterday i saw a Gixer just like that come past me on shortland street. Rider was wearing black gear and had a black helmet on. also had long hair. i know it is not much help but i thought i would let you know. Good luck on finding the bike :)

Grahameeboy
28th March 2009, 06:35
The worst part about owning the best bike! (gixxers)
Every other useless bastard wants one!
Hopefully the camera's show you enough to catch the bastards but i wouldn't hold my breath unfortunately.
Are you insured?
And yes just to confirm that is the correct plate...
Sorry to hear about it mate...

Phew...glad I am not a useless bastard

Grahameeboy
28th March 2009, 06:37
Mate, looking in hindsight you should have anchored the wheel with a chain/cable lock to something solid and stationary.

Motorcycles and scooters are ridiculously easy to steal. All they have to do is just get pumped up on adrenaline and lift the fucker into their van or ute.

If those cock sucking cunts want it bad enough, they'll get it. All you can do is minimise your risks by chucking locks on and pray they don't steal your bike.

Or not own a Gixxer............:niceone:

Grahameeboy
28th March 2009, 06:38
Seriously though not good..yesterday I went to where my bike is parked and at first thought it was not there....heart missed a beat or 2...it was just in the shadow of the stairway...

MarkH
28th March 2009, 08:42

Can't, they are too busy ticketing for 11 over the speed limit! Ticketing motorists is their top priority, stopping crime isn't!

GSXR Trace
28th March 2009, 08:49
That really sucks man, so sorry to hear about this. Ill keep an eye out (although unlikely to see it, as i live just around the corner from where it was taken and surely they aren't stupid enough to stay in the area).
On a personal note: how did you have it secured? Locks etc?

HungusMaximist
28th March 2009, 09:28
Can't, they are too busy ticketing for 11 over the speed limit! Ticketing motorists is their top priority, stopping crime isn't!

I agree cops don't do much when it comes to theft.

But the reason is they can't do much about it even they tried. It's kinda hard for cops to do anything as most vehicle thieves don't leave any traces. When they nick your ride from a some street, all the lead they have is your plate and what your ride looks like.

Same applies for house, office building, shops thefts. Chances are they aren't gonna bring in a CSI/forensic team to do hair and fingerprint analysis.

Best thing YOU can do is lock up your rides bro.

MarkH
28th March 2009, 10:12
But the reason is they can't do much about it even they tried. It's kinda hard for cops to do anything as most vehicle thieves don't leave any traces. When they nick your ride from a some street, all the lead they have is your plate and what your ride looks like.

It may not be easy, but they could do more. They could set up in several car parking buildings and wait for the pricks in a van to turn up. They could set up vehicles with homing beacons in places where they are likely to get stolen.

But anything that takes money and manpower is a tough ask, there is not enough money or manpower available for everything and theft is not a high enough priority.

Brett
28th March 2009, 10:16
Interesting, they would have had to physically remove it with another vehicle because without the coded key they would not have been able to hot wire it I would have thought.Bloody bastards, will definitely keep an eye out for it mate.

Brett
28th March 2009, 10:18
Or not own a Gixxer............:niceone:

Sacrilage you nasty bastard!

Its a gixxer, every noob wants one :banana:

Metalor
28th March 2009, 10:22
Hello,

My GSXR1000 K7 was stolen today from the Wilson Parking Anzac Ave, Auckland CBD today.

Is demo model with 4 into 1 titanium exhaust system and crash bungs. Also has 'road and sport' stickers on the fearings.

Dam this sux!

DashR

Is that you Bruce? Fucking sorry to hear that mate! I saw Stevos status on facebook yesterday telling anyone who might have seen it to give him a buzz.

Sucks dude, hope you get it back in one piece. Or better yet, get a new one with insurance :P

dashR
28th March 2009, 11:33
Prob wont help, but i when i was picking my wife up yesterday i saw a Gixer just like that come past me on shortland street. Rider was wearing black gear and had a black helmet on. also had long hair. i know it is not much help but i thought i would let you know. Good luck on finding the bike :)

I was wearing black gears with a hoodie on thursday. (may explain the long hair lol). Didn't go down shortland street tho.

dashR
28th March 2009, 11:36
Is that you Bruce? Fucking sorry to hear that mate! I saw Stevos status on facebook yesterday telling anyone who might have seen it to give him a buzz.

Sucks dude, hope you get it back in one piece. Or better yet, get a new one with insurance :P

Yea thats me - Insurance runs out at the end of the month so it shouldnt be a 100% loss.

breakaway
28th March 2009, 13:20
Oh man this is fucked! So our bikes are not safe even inside carpark facilities with cameras? Sigh.

Hidalgo
28th March 2009, 13:40
feel sorry bro, will be more vigilant about that.

munterk6
28th March 2009, 20:56
Yeah, must have picked it up and away in a truck or van...immobiliser system will keep it from being started.
You know, I would NEVER and I repeat NEVER EVER park my k6 in a public place in full view of any potential thieves. I use a trail bike to go to work and back on, and I park that on site at my workplace.
I have lost 2 bikes to thieves years ago and it aint happenin again!

skidMark
5th April 2009, 17:55
Yeah, must have picked it up and away in a truck or van...immobiliser system will keep it from being started.
You know, I would NEVER and I repeat NEVER EVER park my k6 in a public place in full view of any potential thieves. I use a trail bike to go to work and back on, and I park that on site at my workplace.

Yep same here, let a bike out of my sight for less than 10 min... gone.

lots of people round etc but nobody saw anything supposedly...

My bike never leaves my sight.

They cant take it if you don't give them the chance...

Riding a 230kg manatee does help though.... :laugh:

Crazy Steve
7th April 2009, 11:02
Interesting, they would have had to physically remove it with another vehicle because without the coded key they would not have been able to hot wire it I would have thought.Bloody bastards, will definitely keep an eye out for it mate.

They love this way of thinking....The Thiefs ! !

I remember back in 1995 when the VR Holden Commordore came out with there new coded key and standard dead locks..

Took thiefs 6mths to figure out how to hotwire them...Holden said there was NO WAY it could be done....But someone figured it out and ended up telling all there Thiefing mates.....

Im guessing the same has happened again.....With Suzuki Coded keys...

Crazy Steve..

Dealer
7th April 2009, 11:14
[QUOTE=HungusMaximist;2001466] All they have to do is just get pumped up on adrenaline and lift the fucker into their van or ute.
QUOTE]

Welcome to try that with my bus, i have trouble standing it up when it falls off the side stand. (219kg dry weight)

bikerboy011
7th April 2009, 11:20
Fucken scumbags, hope you get it back mate.

GIXser
7th April 2009, 19:40
will keep a look out dude...

Weta
7th April 2009, 20:28
will keep my eyes open, be hitting the roads a bit over Easter and always have a looksie at other sporties so have noted your rego. Heres hoping.... man I hate thieves; really hope you get a good outcome.

rocketman1
7th April 2009, 20:42
Hello,

Dam this sux!

DashR

I feel sorry for you dude, I would say that the scum bags were following you, and checked out that you had gone into the carpark building.
From then on it was all over for your bike, they would know that you were leaving it to go some where, two or three guys in a van and its gone.
Probably no more than 30 seconds.

I would not park a GSXR anywhere out of sight of the public if i was you.

I will keep an eye out for it in the Waikato, but I wouldn't fancy your chances of seeing it again though.

The cops need to get tough on these thieves, the law is piss weak at combating this sort of crime.

munterk6
7th April 2009, 21:51
Where the FUCK are all these stolen bikes going????????
They gotta be going somewhere...why aren't the cops investigating this shit?
If there was no such thing as insurance I reckon the owners of these bikes would have been a hell of a lot more careful about parking them in public places. :dodge:

EJT
8th April 2009, 20:22
Where the FUCK are all these stolen bikes going????????
They gotta be going somewhere.... :dodge:

I reckon they are going to equal scumbags who buy shit on the cheap knowing or suspecting it is dodgy. If there wasn't a market for stolen goods and bikes there wouldn't be so much thieving.

Quasievil
8th April 2009, 20:30
Boyd Suzuki had a smash grab last week, took a GSXR750 through the fucking window !
took a bunch of stuff.

not good !

RocKai
9th April 2009, 05:05
Boyd Suzuki had a smash grab last week, took a GSXR750 through the fucking window !
took a bunch of stuff.

not good !

Did camera get them? How the hell do you prevent theft 100%. Leave 10 German Shepherd at the shop at night?