PDA

View Full Version : Aprilia announce the price and availability of the Aprilia RSV4 Factory

slowpoke
28th March 2009, 15:34
Press release from last week. The thing better be good 'cos personally I don't think it's looks are a strong point, not in standard form anyway, and it ain't cheap:

"John Sample Automotive (JSA), Australian importer of Aprilia motorcycles, has today announced that the new Aprilia RSV4 Factory Superbike will arrive in Australia in July 2009 and will sell for a recommended retail price of $31,198 plus on the road costs.

Aprilia’s National Manager, Kris Matich, said, “the RSV4 Factory is a motorcycle that our customers have long been waiting for. But the wait has been worth it when you see the bike in the flesh. The RSV4 Factory is brimming with technology and the highest quality components and represents great value for the very latest in state-of-the-art European technology and performance.”

The RSV4 Superbike, which is the race version of the RSV4 Factory has certainly proved more than competitive in the first two rounds of the World Superbike Championship recording front row qualifying positions, and, in Qatar, a top speed of over 317kph to go with its podium finishes in both races.

Matich continued, “The RSV4 is a very much in demand motorcycle within the Aprilia world and we may struggle to get all the bikes we need for our customers in Australia. However, that won’t stop us from celebrating this very important new motorcycle for Aprilia, so we have put together a special pre-order program for those customers that place firm orders for a RSV4 Factory with their Aprilia dealer before the end of May called the “Pole Position Factory Rider Package.”

Eligible RSV4 Factory customers will be given, completely free of charge with their new RSV4 Factory superbike, a unique promotional package including a Track Day program, a new set of Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP tyres, an Agip Lubricants package, Aprilia accessories including a race stand and cover amongst other goodies valued at nearly $2,000"

Gremlin
28th March 2009, 15:54
a unique promotional package including a Track Day program, a new set of Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP tyres, an Agip Lubricants package, Aprilia accessories including a race stand and cover amongst other goodies valued at nearly $2,000"
Are they trying to say it won't normally be sold with tyres? :laugh:

Anyone know the NZ RRP?

Sensei
28th March 2009, 16:19
I heard $42k but if you put a $10k deposit you can get it for $39k all I need is anothe $20k & its mine :Punk:

Cajun
29th March 2009, 07:08
thats not to bad price, only a few grand over the current rsvr1000.

Remember this is for the factory version, which has all the ohlins. so even if it works out to be about 34-35k here be good buying.

pritch
29th March 2009, 08:12
The thing better be good 'cos personally I don't think it's looks are a strong point,

I understand beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but what's not to like?
As for being any good, it'll likely be waaay better than anybody who buys it.:whistle:

At the price it could even be something of a steal because they *must* sell the required number of bikes whether they recover all the costs of the electrickery or not.

WRC homologation specials are often relative bargains in the car world. BMW say their road going Superbike will be only slightly more expensive than a Japanese equivalent, so hopefully that concept is alive and well in the bike world as well?

slowpoke
29th March 2009, 14:27
I understand beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but what's not to like?

I'm not keen on the triple headlight treatment (the original RSV's looked ok though) and the exhaust (which will admittedly get dumped) looks pretty average. Agreed, it's totally personal.

As for being any good, it'll likely be waaay better than anybody who buys it.:whistle:

Haha, absolutely!

At the price it could even be something of a steal because they *must* sell the required number of bikes whether they recover all the costs of the electrickery or not.

Yep, the first road tests will soon answer the value for money question. If it's 1198R good it's a steal, if it's CBR1000RR good it won't look like such a bargain.

WRC homologation specials are often relative bargains in the car world. BMW say their road going Superbike will be only slightly more expensive than a Japanese equivalent, so hopefully that concept is alive and well in the bike world as well?

Bring on the road tests!

Cajun
3rd April 2009, 10:19
specs been released also

APRILIA HAS just released full details and the accessory range of their RSV4 Factory. Visordown is currently testing the V4 superbike at Misano, Italy. Check back for regular updates throughout the day.

The bike's motor is a 999.6 cc 65° V-four cylinder engine producing a claimed 180 hp. It uses a Ride by Wire multimap system, a sophisticated electronic injection system with two injectors, adjustable geometry chassis, which allows adjustable inclination of the headstock - even the height of the swingarm pin and engine can be changed.

Öhlins Racing forks, rear monoshock and steering damper, suspend the machine, while Brembo monobloc calipers and forged aluminium rims do their stuff at the business end.

Aprilia say the RSV4 Factory's extreme compactness is its strength. The narrowness of the engine allows for a very oversquare bore/stroke ratio and Aprilia claims the new engine design can rev beyond 14,000rpm. All valve covers and external housings are made from magnesium. The V4 is even more compact than the V60 Magnesium twin mounted on the RSV 1000 R. A countershaft dampens vibrations even more than in a 90° V engine. The crankcase is a monobloc configuration with integrated cylinder liners for maximum rigidity and consistent performance.

The fuel supply uses two injectors per cylinder: one injector is placed downstream of the throttle valve and a "shower" injector is placed in the airbox and starts working at high loads and revs. The technological excellence of the V4 engine is complemented by electronically controlled variable length intake ducts. At low revs and loads, the long duct favours torque and smooth power delivery. When top performance is required, the upper part of the intake duct raises, thus shortening the duct and leaving the engine free to express its full power potential. A butterfly valve in the exhaust further optimises power delivery.

A cassette style gearbox and multiplate wet clutch with a mechanical slipper system transmits drive to the rear wheel.

Aprilia RSV4 Specifications

Engine capacity: 999.6 cc
Architecture: 65° V4

Power: 180 HP (132.4 kW) at 12,500 rpm Crankcase: monobloc with integrated cylinder liners
Timing system: 4 valves per cylinder (Titanium and Nymonic) operated directly by a camshaft driven by a mixed chain/gear system (lateral timing chain, central gear train)
Fuel system: Magneti Marelli electronic injection with 2 injectors per cylinder and integrated independent Ride by Wire system for each bank. Three mappings selectable from handlebar. Electronically controlled variable length intake ducts
Antivibration countershaft
Maximum rpm: 14,100 rpm
Compression ratio: 13:1
Transmission: 6-speed direct-control cassette gearbox
Clutch: multiplate wet clutch with mechanical slipper system
Exhaust system: 4 into 2 into 1 headers with oxygen sensor and single silencer with integrated catalytic converter and butterfly valve.

Dimensions (default settings) Max. length: 2040 mm
Max. width: 735 mm (at the handlebar)
Max. height: 1120 mm
Min. height from the ground: 130 mm
Saddle height: 845 mm
Centre to centre distance: 1420 mm
Trail: 105 mm
Steering angle: 24.5°
Kerb weight 179 kg *
Tank 17 litres (4-litre reserve included)
*Dry weight, without battery and fluids.

Aprilia RSV4 Accessories

- Akrapovic racing exhaust system
- Öhlins TTX36 rear shock absorber
- adjustable footpegs
- racing half-handlebars
- fairing protection pads
- high top fairing
- fairing caps for rear mirrors
- rear stand pins
- licence plate retainer cover
- motorcycle cover
- dedicated stand
- carbon heelrests
- tank cover with backpack
- tail fairing bag
- carbon exhaust system protection
- carbon fairing pullers.

Kiwi Graham
3rd April 2009, 10:35
I bloody luv V4 motors, If it goes as good as it spec sheet suggests WAHOO!!!
For me the exhaust would have to go, but as for the rest, it looks good enough for me.

vifferman
3rd April 2009, 10:54
specs been released also

Aprilia say the RSV4 Factory's extreme compactness is its strength. The narrowness of the engine allows for a very oversquare bore/stroke ratio and Aprilia claims the new engine design can rev beyond 14,000rpm.
Yeah, so what is it? (Not getting at you, Neal - this is crap raving on about this yet not including it in the article.)

mynameis
3rd April 2009, 11:40
Still looks butt ugly :lol:

SPman
3rd April 2009, 17:26
But it's cheaper than an 1198....... (over here), which means we should see 2 or 3 down at the local cafe in a few months.........

Argyle
4th April 2009, 06:19
Love to get my hand on one, and a acra exhaust on it and its perfect. Imagine doing to coromandel on it =) V4 engines rock!

NZsarge
4th April 2009, 07:37
Awesome machine at a more reasonable price than I thought it would be....
Still go a '09 R1 with lot of pretty bling on it and still have a shed load of cash left over. But that's just me, some find the premium for euro bike worth paying but i'm not one of them.

Cajun
8th May 2009, 08:22
mcn news test the new rsv4 on the road

K8zfqZL28cA

chrispy121
8th May 2009, 12:21
how come we are paying over 42k when you can get one for 31 in australia even allowing for freight and exchange we shouldnt have that much price differential.

on a 20k bike sold in Australia we are normally only a couple of grand more not 5 shouldnt this be priced more like 37 to 38k I gusss once they run out of people to buy them the price will come down

cowpoos
9th May 2009, 17:47
mcn news test the new rsv4 on the road

K8zfqZL28cA
I wouldn't believe a fraction of these guys opinions...they talk shit,ride shit...and are dumb!!

Laxi
9th May 2009, 17:53
seeing as how im winning the lotto tonight ill be ordering 1 of these come monday morning:woohoo:

mashman
9th May 2009, 21:31
Yeah, so what is it?

Sorry, but i had to... i'd just like to see if it looks any better in the flesh as i'll never be able to afford one and it'd be wasted on me...

Pussy
9th May 2009, 21:56
Sorry, but i had to... i'd just like to see if it looks any better in the flesh as i'll never be able to afford one and it'd be wasted on me...

You ever seen a grown man naked, Tommy? :D

Morepower
17th June 2009, 21:44
Still looks butt ugly :lol:

Agree , someone needs to hide all the rulers from these designers!

HenryDorsetCase
18th June 2009, 17:07
Yeah, so what is it? (Not getting at you, Neal - this is crap raving on about this yet not including it in the article.)

this month's CW reveals all.

Cajun
23rd July 2009, 14:15
been doing some looking around and seams we are getting screwed over on price of the rsv4 in new zealand

NZ$43k (http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports/auction-231487159.htm)

AUS$33k ( http://www.bikesales.com.au/all-bikes/dealer/details.aspx?Cr=0&R=3047435&keywords=&trecs=2&__sid=122991A231ED&__Ns=p_Make_String|0||p_Model_String|0||p_PriceSor t_Decimal|1&__Qpb=true&__Nne=15&seot=1&__N=1432%20604%201430%201429%204294967226%20429496 4068&silo=1400, http://www.bikesales.com.au/all-bikes/bnbis/details.aspx?Cr=1&R=3084138&keywords=&trecs=2&__sid=122991A231ED&__Ns=p_Make_String|0||p_Model_String|0||p_PriceSor t_Decimal|1&__Qpb=true&__Nne=15&seot=1&__N=1432%20604%201430%201429%204294967226%20429496 4068&silo=1400)

Bardman
24th July 2009, 08:02
Agree , someone needs to hide all the rulers from these designers!

Have to agree with that:yes:
Not my thing looks wise, and even if the price came down to around the 36k mark i still wouldnt be interested.
Would i like to have a ride on one tho:confused: Yes Please:yes:

unrealone
24th July 2009, 10:48
been doing some looking around and seams we are getting screwed over on price of the rsv4 in new zealand

NZ$43k (http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports/auction-231487159.htm)

AUS$33k ( http://www.bikesales.com.au/all-bikes/dealer/details.aspx?Cr=0&R=3047435&keywords=&trecs=2&__sid=122991A231ED&__Ns=p_Make_String|0||p_Model_String|0||p_PriceSor t_Decimal|1&__Qpb=true&__Nne=15&seot=1&__N=1432%20604%201430%201429%204294967226%20429496 4068&silo=1400, http://www.bikesales.com.au/all-bikes/bnbis/details.aspx?Cr=1&R=3084138&keywords=&trecs=2&__sid=122991A231ED&__Ns=p_Make_String|0||p_Model_String|0||p_PriceSor t_Decimal|1&__Qpb=true&__Nne=15&seot=1&__N=1432%20604%201430%201429%204294967226%20429496 4068&silo=1400)

Yep just what I thought.. I think if you're part of the first order to arrive in the country it comes down to $39k (AFAIK from Motorad)

Lula
21st August 2009, 15:19
Can't believe how small this bike is but what a dream to ride. Smooth, light and absolutely sounds wicked!
I'll give my full review in the Sept issue of Motorcycle Trader :love:

nosebleed
22nd August 2009, 08:12
hot :shifty:

DidJit
25th August 2009, 16:38
...what a dream to ride.

Lucky, lucky girl.

I'm so enamoured with it, it has even become my desktop at work. Talk about aspirational product though...

R6_kid
25th August 2009, 16:58

Do the maths bro. $33k Aussie is about $41k NZD.

Lula
26th August 2009, 00:52
Do the maths bro. $33k Aussie is about $41k NZD.

The test bike I had had all the carbon bits and aftermarket bling on it, which is the model that Aprilia have decided to bring out first rather than the other way around like most of the other brands do.

This puppy will set you back an easy $42k :love: And by the way the first NZ shipment has sold!

Standard model to follow which should be a little cheaper...

PrincessBandit
26th August 2009, 07:47
Wow, for something that looks so small even with the dainty Luana on it I was surprised to read the saddle height is 845mm. Not really a bike for those with duck's disease then? lol. (Not that I could afford one anyway...)

Necroscope
25th September 2009, 19:43
Hmmmmm, funny I don't remember receiving my preorder package.
Maybe the importer here could learn a thing or two. I'm still waiting for my bike cover which I also preordered and paid for 8 months ago.
But love the bike.

Hitcher
25th September 2009, 19:50
Before handing over your hard-earned, tax-paid cash, ask your friendly Aprilia dealer this question: "How long will it take to get any warranty issues resolved?"

Or, if you're keen: "Are there any Aprilia parts in the country?"

Coldrider
25th September 2009, 19:58
Before handing over your hard-earned, tax-paid cash, ask your friendly Aprilia dealer this question: "How long will it take to get any warranty issues resolved?"

Or, if you're keen: "Are there any Aprilia parts in the country?"Shivas no, not in front of the children.:no:

beyond
25th September 2009, 21:07
Wonder when the v4 Tuono comes out and how much that will be :drool::drool::drool: