PDA

View Full Version : Plexus plastic polish - whole sellers?

Zapf
7th March 2005, 19:46
These guys might be the importers for Plexus... I haven't got the time, but someone can check them out. Might be cheaper than going to bike shops. I might be happy on carry a box or two.

Auckland, New Zealand
Address: Mulford Plastics Ltd
5 Arthur Brown Place,
Mount Wellington, AUCKLAND
PO Box 51065, Pakuranga
New Zealand
Auckland office
Phone:
Freephone: +64 9 573 0145
0800 MULFORD
Fax: +64 9 573 0108
General Manager, Sales & Marketing

Lou Girardin
8th March 2005, 07:31
These guys might be the importers for Plexus... I haven't got the time, but someone can check them out. Might be cheaper than going to bike shops. I might be happy on carry a box or two.

Auckland, New Zealand
Address: Mulford Plastics Ltd
5 Arthur Brown Place,
Mount Wellington, AUCKLAND
PO Box 51065, Pakuranga
New Zealand
Auckland office
Phone:
Freephone: +64 9 573 0145
0800 MULFORD
Fax: +64 9 573 0108
General Manager, Sales & Marketing

Yeah great, let us know if they'll sell to the public. Then bikes shops can bollock them for undercutting.
What's happened to the great booming economy in NZ that we hear so much about, when people run around trying to save $5.00.
OK, I feel better now.

Zapf
8th March 2005, 20:43
lol sorry Lou, I just can't get over the fact that the smallest container (pocket sized) for Plexus is 1/2 the price of the biggest container. When it has 1/10 the content of the big one.

and I sell enought LCD screens to warrant me to carry some to sell to my customers too ok? :confused:

ManDownUnder
9th March 2005, 07:26
Just use armor all... work on my RF's screen really (REALLY) well....

Not sure about other plastic screens though - use at your own risk...

wildcat_lgf
4th April 2005, 10:44
Is Plexus a light polish to get rid of discolouring due to age of the screen? Forgive my ignorance, but before I ring them, I'd like to know what I'm asking about :lol:

Can someone explain Plexus? Besides I need a bit of something to clear up the screen alittle, its gone a bit foggy over the years...

Cheers

John
4th April 2005, 10:48
Doesnt it fill in the micro casuims in the plastic alot better than a polish type and gives it its factory(ish) shine back, and you can use it on all plastics, I'd be keen for some myself.

wildcat_lgf
4th April 2005, 11:04
I just rung them on the details given above and here is what I found out...

YES they sell to the public

Only currently stock the 13oz tin as there wasn't much demand for the 7oz. I'm not sure how many mls that is? Can someone tell me?

13oz tin $22.93

But if we buy lots (ie 10 or so) we can get a discount...

As an indication he (might have been John, can't remember) said we could get 20 tins for $17odd each.

Interpolate for inbetween values I suppose,
hope this helps, I would be keen for some and I live in Howick, so I could pick them up???

Or if someone else wants to order them I'll put my order in.

wildcat_lgf
4th April 2005, 11:05
Doesnt it fill in the micro casuims in the plastic alot better than a polish type and gives it its factory(ish) shine back, and you can use it on all plastics, I'd be keen for some myself.

Does that mean I can use it to shine up my fairings too? Will it affect the decals? Cheers

John
4th April 2005, 11:08
Does that mean I can use it to shine up my fairings too? Will it affect the decals? Cheers
In theroy it should work, as it has a clear sheen - so in all reality yes that should be a fine (expensive) fairing polish that makes the buffing scratches dissapear.

The special Plexus formula creates an anti-static surface that repels the dust and dirt normally attracted to plastic and vinyl. Plexus protects, too! It leaves an invisible, micro-thin layer of protection that seals plastic and clear vinyl, making it more resistant to dirt, dust and stains. Regular use of Plexus on clear vinyl windows and headlight covers will help prevent crazing, yellowing and oxidation which diminishes the plastic's luster, and appearance.

:niceone:

vifferman
4th April 2005, 11:16
I use it on my screen, headlight (and the polycarb ones on the car), visors, helmets, instruments, indicators, tail-light lens, anything plastic, for cleaning CDs/DVDs (works great for that!), and occasionally give my fairing, tank, etc. a quick buff-up with it.

The 13oz can is your normal-sized aerosol.

It won't fix old, hazy fairing blades or visors, but will improve them a lot.

Zapf
4th April 2005, 18:53
I just rung them on the details given above and here is what I found out...

YES they sell to the public

Only currently stock the 13oz tin as there wasn't much demand for the 7oz. I'm not sure how many mls that is? Can someone tell me?

13oz tin $22.93

But if we buy lots (ie 10 or so) we can get a discount...

As an indication he (might have been John, can't remember) said we could get 20 tins for $17odd each.

Interpolate for inbetween values I suppose,
hope this helps, I would be keen for some and I live in Howick, so I could pick them up???

Or if someone else wants to order them I'll put my order in.

yea I think my business will buy some, cause it might be good for cleaning LCD's as well as a screen cleaner. you guys are welcome to pick them up off me.