PDA

View Full Version : Play with my Power Commander

HungusMaximist
29th March 2009, 14:19
Got a 2001 929 Honda Fireblade that has a Power commander II and an aftermarket MIG can.

It's pretty lumpy below 4k and would like to have an 'on to it' chum to play around with my mapping to try and rectify the lumpiness.

If I only knew what I was doing I would myself!

Any help/offers taken! I am in Auckland central.

Chur

HungusMaximist
30th March 2009, 06:25
Bumpity bump!

davebullet
30th March 2009, 06:40
I know nothing about the 929 but does it have a throttle position sensor? The thing that detects where the throttle is positioned (funnily enough) to deliver more fuel into the injectors. Sounds like the fuel metering is wrong at low revs making it lumpy. You shouldn't need to tune with a slip on (although it can't hurt).

Have you looked at the PC site for a map?

TripleZee Dyno
30th March 2009, 06:43
Bumpity bump!
Got the PC2 software so you can fool around with it yourself.
If you're not keen on playing with it you can bring your laptop down here and I'll give you a quick bit of learning. gratis.
Its a p o p.

cheers
John

HungusMaximist
30th March 2009, 13:54
Yea I do have the PC2 software but my laptop gone bust last year so it's just sitting there. Could probably borrow Dad's laptop but I wouldn't count on it.

I would be keen for some pointers though and some general direction where I need to go for my bike.

Gremlin
30th March 2009, 19:00
The easiest is to just drop it in to Triple Zee, and let John sort it all out for you. He did a mate's 06 zx10, mate loved it afterwards...

klyong82
30th March 2009, 22:23
Just pay to get it sorted man....for goodness sake you have been saying to me you wanna get it done since you bought the bike and that was in Dec 07