PDA

View Full Version : Looking for an engine rebuilder in Auckland

BigDave
30th March 2009, 07:37
Morning guys,

Can anyone recommend a decent place in or around Auckland city where I can get my bike engine rebuilt? It's started vibrating a lot and I changed the oil over the weekend and it was full of brass filings, so I'm guessing the bearings are on their way out.

It's a Yamaha 250 Renaissa. I know it's only a 250, but I like the bike and have no intention of selling it so figured I'd get it rebuilt. I've no problems doing it myself, but don't really have the time at the mo and so decided I should see about getting it rebuilt and balanced properly.

Cheers for any info guys,
Dave

ital916
30th March 2009, 07:52
:niceone:
Morning guys,

Can anyone recommend a decent place in or around Auckland city where I can get my bike engine rebuilt? It's started vibrating a lot and I changed the oil over the weekend and it was full of brass filings, so I'm guessing the bearings are on their way out.

It's a Yamaha 250 Renaissa. I know it's only a 250, but I like the bike and have no intention of selling it so figured I'd get it rebuilt. I've no problems doing it myself, but don't really have the time at the mo and so decided I should see about getting it rebuilt and balanced properly.

Dave

Talk to Mike at davey motorcycle wreckers on morrin road near the auckland uni tamaki campus, he is a good guy to go for rebuilds, in fact he rebuilt my 250 renaissa engine lol. So he has already done mine he shouldnt have trouble doing yours. I always take my renaissa to his when it needs anything major, wouldnt trust other mechs with it.

Macros
30th March 2009, 07:52
Taylor Automotive
377 8404

BigDave
1st April 2009, 07:38
Cheers for the suggestions, guys. I'll have a ring around and see about getting things sorted. I'm missing riding it already!

dpex
1st April 2009, 17:26
Morning guys,

Dave

Yeah, the guy who has been recommended to my by at least six people is named, Murray. Don't know the street number but his house is on the right, about fourth into Pars Cross Rd, off Forrest Hill Rd.

Can't miss it. The drive is red shingle and goes up to a small garage about 50 M into the property.

I gather this dude is the best in the business. He works from home and there's nearly always bikes outside.

dpex
2nd April 2009, 17:35
Hi Dave.

I took the trouble to scope out the address for the engine rebuilder I mentioned in my last post. Er....His name is Warren, and he works-from/lives at, 25 Parrs Cross Rd. Henderson.

He has a top rep.

Taz
2nd April 2009, 17:52
Do it yourself if you really have the tools and skills otherwise............
I'll put in a vote for both Warren (ex kingsland honda BTW) and Mike at Daveys. Both top mechanics who really know their stuff. Warren pressed and trued all my cranks for me when I was Bucket Racing.