PDA

View Full Version : KBC two piece leathers.

FROSTY
7th March 2005, 22:22
Ive had a few sets of road and race leathers in my time.They've been of varying qualities bioth in build and quality of leather.
I bought my KBC 2 piece suit almost new from a KB member.
The first thing I noticed was the quality of the build in the leathers. All contact points are dual layer leather backed up by soft armour. There is a built in back protector which adds to the protection my trusty Dianese protector offers.
The zips are all heavy duty and the knee sliders are attached to a layer of leather over the top of the normal dual layer leather.
The stitching is all double and the leather itself is thick and seems to be of good quality.All the stretch panells work well and are in the right places
the bad part is the fit is below average with the jacket being close to a perfect fit on me but the trou are 4 sizes too big.
I've crash tested my set at decent speeds twice now and they have held up bloody well having only thinned one section of leather on one sleeve and ground off a small section of stitching on the other. In both cases the contact points were dual thickness leather.
All in all a good suit -Pity about the fit though

FROSTY
17th April 2005, 22:49
Well after spending a souple of hundred sovs at Msw getting my leathers adjusted to fit me I must say they are bloody fantastic. Well worth the money spent.
The leathers now are a perfect fit and Im instantly noticing the difference in ability to load up my knee scrapers

justsomeguy
17th April 2005, 22:56
How do you "crash test" ???

FROSTY
17th April 2005, 23:05
once at castrol on my zxr750 and then on pie cok hill