PDA

View Full Version : Video: Motorcycle Race Simulator

Radar
31st March 2009, 11:52
A couple of weeks ago I went to Te Manawa Museum to see the exhibition "Motorcycles Unleashed: A Century of Competition Bikes (http://www.temanawa.co.nz/motorcycles-unleashed.html)". If you have not yet seen this exhibition, it is worth the trip to P Nth (not sure when the exhibition closes but it must be soon). Included with the classic bikes is a race simuator. Even those with actual race track experience found it difficult not to crash. See my video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE5YTxzNnG8

swbarnett
1st April 2009, 02:16
The problem with that kind of simulator is that you don't get the centripital forces when you lean.

vgcspares
1st April 2009, 11:25
The problem with that kind of simulator is that you don't get the centripital forces when you lean.
"centripital" - proof positive you've been to Engineering school ... you've heard of it and still can't spell it

imdying
1st April 2009, 11:28
Regardless of spelling, he's right, it's yet another shite attempt at a motorcycle simulator, it's barely worth rating above 'Super Hang On'... even the Sega Manx TT machines rate above this one.

EJK
1st April 2009, 11:50
It's got blow off valves?

dipshit
1st April 2009, 11:57
It's got blow off valves?

That's the robotics being robotic.

Will be hard to be smooth on that sucker.

swbarnett
1st April 2009, 12:10
"centripital" - proof positive you've been to Engineering school ... you've heard of it and still can't spell it
I flunked out of university and never went anywhere near engineering - Physics and maths were my thing.

I relied too much on the spell checker. It thought it was OK.

vgcspares
1st April 2009, 12:18
I flunked out of university and never went anywhere near engineering - Physics and maths were my thing.

I relied too much on the spell checker. It thought it was OK.

so much for that theory (when I turned up at engineering school they told me to sign in with an "X")