PDA

View Full Version : A question about rego.

babysteps
31st March 2009, 12:22
Hey team

As you are all aware a large portion of our Rego's is taken up but the ACC levy. My question is this......

I have 2 motorbikes, why do I have to pay the ACC levy on both rego's?

Secondly, is there any way around this?

Cheers

Mark

Grahameeboy
31st March 2009, 12:23
Hey team

As you are all aware a large portion of our Rego's is taken up but the ACC levy. My question is this......

Cheers

Mark

No in a word.................

Warr
31st March 2009, 12:34
Just swap the plates over & dont get pulled up: Simple
Save on WOF's too :)

Big Zappa
31st March 2009, 19:25
Hey team

Cheers

Mark

because it would be more expensive otherwise

user pays :bleh:

Gubb
31st March 2009, 19:59
While we're at it:

- Why don't Harley riders wave to me?
- Can we start a KB wave?
- Shouldn't we start a debate about Religion?
- Aren't non-ATGATT people idiots?
- Is lane splitting legal?
- Where can I get some ice cream?

Short answer is No. Next time though, the search engine could prove fruitful.

babysteps
31st March 2009, 20:05
Thank you all for your constructive answers, now is there anyone out there who has anything positive to add?

YellowDog
31st March 2009, 20:09
Answer: Buy 2 Regos for 2 bikes, but make them last 2 years; or more if you don't rider when winter gets heavy.

Suspend one Rego and ride the other bike.

To change back, suspend the one being ridden and reinstate the other.

Subike
31st March 2009, 20:11
depending upon where you live, dont register your bike, just keep an uptodate WOF on it at all times and out the rego on hold.
I have only registered my bike twice in the past 5 years, both times were days I was stopped at a check point and given a ticket.
I reg the bike that day for three months, toook reciept of registration that day to police station, along with the ticket, they cancelled the ticket.
Thats called complying with enforcement . lol
Thus I have had 5 years riding for 6 mths rego.
This does not work for city dwellers an parking nazis will get you

sharky
31st March 2009, 20:13
There is a KB wave.

While we're at it:

- Why don't Harley riders wave to me?
- Can we start a KB wave?
- Shouldn't we start a debate about Religion?
- Aren't non-ATGATT people idiots?
- Is lane splitting legal?
- Where can I get some ice cream?

Short answer is No. Next time though, the search engine could prove fruitful.

rosie631
1st April 2009, 13:40
depending upon where you live, dont register your bike, just keep an uptodate WOF on it at all times and out the rego on hold.
I have only registered my bike twice in the past 5 years, both times were days I was stopped at a check point and given a ticket.
I reg the bike that day for three months, toook reciept of registration that day to police station, along with the ticket, they cancelled the ticket.

That sounds like a good idea. What about insurance though? If you have a WOF bike is obviously roadworthy but do you have to have REGO to get accident insurance?? That's the only reason I bother with it, otherwise would just risk getting pulled up.

kiwi cowboy
1st April 2009, 20:56

how do you get away with that suebike?.
The way i understand it you have to be redgistered to get a warrent

Ixion
1st April 2009, 20:57
how do you get away with that suebike?.
The way i understand it you have to be redgistered to get a warrent

Nope. Other way round. Must have WoF to get Rego.

kiwi cowboy
1st April 2009, 21:11
Nope. Other way round. Must have WoF to get Rego.

:doh::stupid::spanking:

Chrislost
6th April 2009, 19:57
Hey team

Cheers

Mark

If both your bikes were the same you would only need to register one and copy the plate.

You could then try and register them as cars.
you might have a hard time convincing the fine young gentlemen in blue that your car has only 2 wheels.

varminter
7th April 2009, 20:09
It's a tax, you're not supposed to avoid it, might as well ask for a refund for the days the car is left in the garage. Seems only fair for you fat cats that have more than one bike although I wouldn't think so if I had two.....or more<_<

babyB
7th April 2009, 20:25
in the past ive taken the parking ticket to the council along with newly purchased Rego.... stating i was purchasing said rego at time & been let off

Winston001
7th April 2009, 20:34

Both bikes can be ridden on the road, and the law says they must both be registered. If you have a friend riding one of your bikes, would you expect them not to be covered by ACC?

The simple answer is only register one bike and don't ride the other on the road.

doc
7th April 2009, 20:37
because it would be more expensive otherwise

user pays :bleh:

Yup, I think we have it fairly cheap here relative to some other countries. Some just load it onto the drivers licence fee yearly. Ask someone from Aussie or the UK and you will get the picture. ACC here has turned into a govt scam here. Don't think much of the levies go back to the ones who pay them.

Winston001
8th April 2009, 13:48
Yup, I think we have it fairly cheap here relative to some other countries. Some just load it onto the drivers licence fee yearly. Ask someone from Aussie or the UK and you will get the picture. Agreed, we are cheaper than other countries.

ACC here has turned into a govt scam here. Don't think much of the levies go back to the ones who pay them.

There's no scam and any government would abolish ACC if they could. But in its place we'd have government workers compensation schemes, private insurance, court cases suing people, years and years of delay before you got a cent.....

NZ is admired internationally and I think only Denmark or Sweden have a similar system to ACC. Ozzies think we are lucky.

Finn
8th April 2009, 13:57
Thank you all for your constructive answers, now is there anyone out there who has anything positive to add?

Yes. I'm positive you can't fuck with the system.

Murray
8th April 2009, 14:08
My question is this......

Easy!!! Sell one of them

doc
8th April 2009, 18:30
Agreed, we are cheaper than other countries.

There's no scam and any government would abolish ACC if they could. But in its place we'd have government workers compensation schemes, private insurance, court cases suing people, years and years of delay before you got a cent.....

NZ is admired internationally and I think only Denmark or Sweden have a similar system to ACC. Ozzies think we are lucky.

Listen here, you legal eagle whippersnapper. Prior to ACC, sure you had to sue. Even did it myself once, cos if I didn't he would have sued me. Pathetic system, but at least you had closeure. Now I feel all you have is a system, that is paying for your health aftercare, that was previously paid for in full by taxation. They have shifted the costs back to the victim for recompence for what was taken from them in the original accident ie ACC takes care of your health, but replacing what was taken from you damage wise is neglected. Beauracracy at it's finest in my opinion. The bean counters have removed so much that worked . 3rd party insurance used to be part of your registration levy. Then they fiddle with the gun laws. But hey why not stop Corporal punishment and hey why not lower the drinking age too.:clap: