PDA

View Full Version : Cycleguys Fastpack Tailpack

Cloggy
31st March 2009, 19:54
I received my Cycleguys Fastpack Tailpack today.
One of the problems with modern sportsbikes is where to store bits and pieces when going on a ride. There is not exactly a lot of room to store bits on my Triumph Daytona 675. I have just enough room under both seats to store a Xena disclock and a tubeless tyre repair kit with 2x CO2 cannisters.
Carrying a backpack is annoying when riding I find. So I was looking for something alternative.
That is when I came across this little gem. It's called a Fastpack and is made and sold by the guys at Cycleguys in the US.
When not in use it zips away neat and tidy and looks very much like the seat it fits over. When needed it opens up to a size which is easily big enough to carry some refreshments on a daytrip and some wet weather gear.
It is very nicely made and finished, I haven't been able to spot a single thread hanging loose. It annoys me when you buy sewn goods and there are threads hanging out all over the place as this just shows no pride in workmanship in my opinion. That is definitely not the case with this item, everything is finished with attention to detail.
It has this fancy rubber covered zip, the likes of which I have never seen before which I guess is to make it waterproof. It fits over the seat with a stretchy waist and is held securely with a couple of Velcro like straps. I say Velcro like because again, it is something I haven't seen before. It doesn't have the big hook and loop ordinary Velcro has, it is much smaller and slimmer so it doesn't interfere with the fit of the seat. Yet it is remarkably strong.
The other amazing thing with buying this was the speedy response from Tim the owner of the company. I emailed him for a price on shipping and got a response within 9 hours. Send him the money and literally half an hour later got a response to say "Thank you for the order, we'll send it today". Only eight hours later another message to let me know the order had been shipped. Now, 6 days later the pack is on my bike. Now that is unbeatable service in my books. Some local companies here in NZ could learn from that. I know where I will be looking when I next need some gear for my bike.
These packs are available in several different sizes to fit a wide variety of bikes and at US$73.00 I reckon they are great value even with our current poor exchange rate. You'll have to check out the website to see if your bike is listed.
http://www.thecycleguys.com/

DingoZ
31st March 2009, 21:35
Looks nifty....:)

Nice write up

CookMySock
1st April 2009, 08:31
Great review.

If you have to pillion, can you just sit someone on the empty fastpack or do you have to remove it?

Steve

the cycle guy
1st April 2009, 12:10
Thanks very much for your kind words.:niceone:

The Fast Pack has a padded top, some ladies I've talked to find it more comfortable than the stock seat, when it's empty of course.

If you want to carry a few small items, say a cell phone and set of keys, you can put them in the bag then zip it down entirely. Due to the padded top, the small items disappear from view. Just remember not to sit someone down on it with your cellphone in there.

By the way, we're looking for dealers/distributors to sell the Fast Pack in New Zealand. Please contact Tim at TheCycleGuys dot com.

The Pastor
1st April 2009, 13:23
Thanks very much for your kind words.:niceone:

The Fast Pack has a padded top, some ladies I've talked to find it more comfortable than the stock seat, when it's empty of course.

If you want to carry a few small items, say a cell phone and set of keys, you can put them in the bag then zip it down entirely. Due to the padded top, the small items disappear from view. Just remember not to sit someone down on it with your cellphone in there.

By the way, we're looking for dealers/distributors to sell the Fast Pack in New Zealand. Please contact Tim at TheCycleGuys dot com.
talk to cycletreads - they are pretty big on this sorta stuff.