PDA

View Full Version : ~]] Who is the best rider here [[~

RubberSideDown
8th March 2005, 12:34
Is there like a ranking system that dictates who is currently :first: :second: :third: etc???

I can see from the posts and the brief info people have put up on their profiles that the bikes vary in all shapes and sizes, but surely there is 1 man and 1 woman who stands out from the crowd.

If you think that this maybe you or someone you believe needs a mention, give yerself and them a plug in here.

As for you vets, yer blocking my light (learned that line from my first day here :-/)

/me runs away from the scary old people :whistle:

Riff Raff
8th March 2005, 12:36
It's not me!

ktulu
8th March 2005, 12:38
Probably me, but if I wasn't riding the mighty RGV then I would be pretty slow.

Probably Nick odemat, his user name is NICKO I think, is mid field 600's in the country but doesn't come on here too often, guess he is the fastest?

Lots of others racing though and probably a lot of people who are fast as fuck but don't talk about themselves on here so we wouldn't know

Maximus
8th March 2005, 12:39
Though having read thru some of the forums earlier (im still a noob) it looks like there's a few down your way!! . . .. .

Sniper
8th March 2005, 12:41
I put WhiteTrash, JRandom and Motoracer forward as candidates

RubberSideDown
8th March 2005, 12:42
Though having read thru some of the forums earlier (im still a noob) it looks like there's a few down your way!! . . .. .

:eyepoke:

You should here what they say about those Orkers. :wink:

Maximus
8th March 2005, 12:44
:eyepoke:

You should here what they say about those Orkers. :wink:

Im moving to Wellys V soon!!! :finger:

Hehe, watch your back . .. . . . :shake:

Sniper
8th March 2005, 12:49
Oh yea. And Paul_in_NZ. Nice meeting ya mate. Sorry I dissapeared like that earlier

Paul in NZ
8th March 2005, 12:52
Once you define what are the attributes of the 'best' rider you might get a sensible response.

Does best mean fastest in a sprint, a race track, on the street, a tour, off road, least accidents (ie still alive)??

I'm old and ride as slow as a wet weekend at your mother in laws place but in my opinion, CSL's tour of the south and jaz riding the GN to akl and back qualify them for a mention.... In the endurance catagory

Paul in NZ
8th March 2005, 12:53
Oh yea. And Paul_in_NZ. Nice meeting ya mate. Sorry I dissapeared like that earlier

Yes, same here.

I was worried for a bit when you vanished from the mirrors but figured you dashed home to check on the patient.

Had it not already been a long weekend we would have tracked you down ;-)

Paul n

RubberSideDown
8th March 2005, 12:54
/me puts the welly defence league on standyby for Maximus :ar15:

Just out of curiosity too, anyone famous here or been through??? Like a special guest appearance or something.

Might be a good idea for the future.

RubberSideDown
8th March 2005, 12:56
Once you define what are the attributes of the 'best' rider you might get a sensible response.

Not the fastest or slowest, just the best all-rounder in the KB community. One who has skillz but sensible skillz.

750Y
8th March 2005, 13:01
the best rider here is the one having the most fun...
i'm slow but having lots of fun. that's my excuse & i'm sticking with it 8-).

Motu
8th March 2005, 13:05
Yeah,I reckon jrandom - the guys quick,bloody quick,I don't reckon anyone here could go up against him on any subject...the guys a bloody legend!

Wolf
8th March 2005, 13:09
Is there like a ranking system that dictates who is currently :first: :second: :third: etc???

I can see from the posts and the brief info people have put up on their profiles that the bikes vary in all shapes and sizes, but surely there is 1 man and 1 woman who stands out from the crowd.
Is this a troll? Seriously asking for trouble with a question like that ;)

Dunno about the best but I'm still alive so I must be doing something right (or the gods 'n' goddesses are working overtime)

/me runs away from the scary old people :whistle:
Who're you calling "people"?

jrandom
8th March 2005, 13:09
I put WhiteTrash, JRandom and Motoracer forward as candidates

<_<

You have an agenda, don't you.

Either that, or you're terminally confused.

jrandom
8th March 2005, 13:12
Yeah,I reckon jrandom...

Run for the hills, Mavis, it's spreading.

RubberSideDown
8th March 2005, 13:13
Is this a troll? Um the resemblance to an eighties toy is not what I had in mind :confused:

Who're you calling "people"? My bad, I'll refrain from the use of the word "People" from now on. :yeah:

Motoracer
8th March 2005, 13:15
Best road rider in here: WhiteTrash
Best racer in here: nicko.
Best wheelies: Death_Inc.

I reckon Loosebruce, Two Smoker, myself, Jimbo600, Deano, Cycosis, ColdKiwi, Kawaka-Kid, Hoon, Frosty, ThatGuy, svs and a few others are probably the runner ups. There's still about 15-20 awesome riders but I'd rather not try to name everyone and then miss out a few.

People who I haven't seen who could probably be real good according to what I have gathered from the site are WINJA, R1AaronKDX, K14, Sensie, MD, Wkid_one etc etc. However like ktulu said, there could be shit loads of talented guys who don't talk it up in here and who aren't all that involved in the site.

P.S. The Welly crew are a bunch of soft cocks, they need to be given the learn from a few us Auckland boys on the 26th of March.

bugjuice
8th March 2005, 13:24
ooo.. I'm really slow.. I've often been taken on by certain people on RG150s. I have no idea how to ride, so I don't bother really..

oh look, post number 636.. :2thumbsup
I'm sure this should be momentus for me, but I'm in a 'can't be arsed' mood today :shake:

It'd be interesting to get a lot of these guys from all over NZ and have a KB race session, just to see who's who.. not for bragging rights etc (altho they would be entitled), but just to see who's good at what..

RubberSideDown
8th March 2005, 13:25
P.S. The Welly crew are a bunch of soft cocks, they need to be given the learn from a few us Auckland boys on the 26th of March.

I was going to say "Hey thats the informative style of reply I was after!"

:kick:

Maximus
8th March 2005, 13:31

Oh man if I wasn't moving down there, Id agree with ya! :p

Uncle B
8th March 2005, 13:38
Velox is my vote

She's more than capable on the Jade.....an all round good KBer
Can't wait for her to upgrade (gulp)

Also in need of mention are White Trash, Deano, Hayden, jimbo and all the Welly crew....bring it on Auckland.

Wolf
8th March 2005, 13:42
Um the resemblance to an eighties toy is not what I had in mind :confused:
"Trolling" is posting inflamatory or provocative posts such as "bikers suck" or "so who's the best one here?" A "troll" is such a post or one who sends them. I was taking the piss, didn't really think you were trolling.

My bad, I'll refrain from the use of the word "People" from now on. :yeah:
That's better. Scary and Old I can live with...

Sniper
8th March 2005, 13:58
<_<

Agenda, me, Never

Skunk
8th March 2005, 13:59
Velox is my vote. She's more than capable on the Jade.....Ditto that. I've never seen her ride (can't keep up - shut up White Trash :shake: )

Does best mean fastest in a sprint, a race track, on the street, a tour, off road, least accidents (ie still alive)?And ditto that too. That makes you a good rider don't it? (As you're still alive)

RubberSideDown
8th March 2005, 14:04
"Trolling" is posting inflamatory or provocative posts such as "bikers suck" or "so who's the best one here?" A "troll" is such a post or one who sends them. I was taking the piss, didn't really think you were trolling.

hehe, np, kinda thought thats what "trolling meant" but didnt want to appear silly........more silly :wacko:

ajturbo
8th March 2005, 14:05
well i think i'm very good !!..

and all you wannab's better get out of my way!!

now that is a nice dream....... :shake:

Sniper
8th March 2005, 14:06
<_<

Agenda, me, Never

inlinefour
8th March 2005, 14:11
I would not be very interested on such things...

magnum
8th March 2005, 14:21
nicko and then mr,riding fast on the road doesnt count for me

RubberSideDown
8th March 2005, 14:22
I will definitely keep my eyes open at the next meet. I reckon you guys and gals have an ocean of knowledge that I can draw on.

I wouldnt rate myself as a great rider, but as some said "Your still alive so ya cant be that bad"

White trash
8th March 2005, 14:43
Best road rider in here: WhiteTrash

Bullshit

Best racer in here: nicko.

Almost, don't forget who lurks

Best wheelies: Death_Inc.

Without a doubt.

You're fucken dead.

Krusti
8th March 2005, 15:13
I'm the best :2thumbsup At least I think that was what the dream was:banana:

**R1**
8th March 2005, 15:19
We may know more on the 18th and 19th of March

But unless eveyone was on the same bike......sv650?? how would we ever know:spudwhat: ......personaly i dont want to put myself through the pain and suffering of having to ride a suzuki to find out.....:brick:

:whocares:

My vote would go to Biff Baff, any1 that can ride a whale and still live to tell the tale must be doing sumin right:niceone:

aye cptn Ahab

SPman
8th March 2005, 15:32
Best road rider in here: WhiteTrash,
, Kiwi Dan , Death_Inc........the list goes on & on
Or
Best road rider in here: everyone out there having fun and enjoying themselves

But of course...they come from South of the great divide and are naturally inferior!

Storm
8th March 2005, 15:34
At least they dont have to stop every 3 laps for a expresso and a nail buff and to check "the hair" :bleh:

Paul in NZ
8th March 2005, 15:48
But unless eveyone was on the same bike......sv650?? how would we ever know:spudwhat: ......

Good point....

One utter truth though.

Without a doubt.

beyond question....

You cannot denigh

That I'm one of, if not 'THE' fastest, sexiest, baddest, best looking, meanest and therefore probably the BEST Moto Guzzi mk2 LeMans riders in this damn town brother.

Paul N

MSTRS
8th March 2005, 15:54
"I bin ridin dam'near 35yer'n I's spent 1 night in the care of the horspitel so I's rekon that makes me up thar somewhere", said the Tortoise.

Sniper
8th March 2005, 16:03
You're fucken dead.

White Trash has a way with words that can only be described as ........ Unique lol :niceone:

White trash
8th March 2005, 16:41

We sure will.

But unless eveyone was on the same bike......sv650?? how would we ever know:spudwhat:

I agree. (First time for everything)

...personaly i dont want to put myself through the pain and suffering of having to ride a suzuki to find out.....:brick:

We don't wanna go through the pain and suffering of you moaning about how much faster than your Yamashit an SV is either.

Two Smoker
8th March 2005, 16:45
Bullshit

Almost, don't forget who lurks

Without a doubt.

You're fucken dead.

Yep White Trash is one of the best road riders here on KB...

Dont know who lurks, and depends on who WINJA is (although i have a feeling it is Mr 38 or Mr 42 in the superbikes) But i would say best Racer that posts would be Nicko.

Yep Best wheelies/ wheelie GOD on KB would be Death Inc.

Dont make me bring my 150 down there welly soft cocks...

But back to the original question.... Im not the fastest here, im probably the slowest though....

White trash
8th March 2005, 16:51

Dont make me bring my 150 down there welly soft cocks...

In the immortal woprds of '30_chick. "I'm quaking in my Alpinestars"

Bring it on, tough guy.

My mate Luke'd be good competition for you actually sonny.

Two Smoker
8th March 2005, 17:03

Bring it on, tough guy.

My mate Luke'd be good competition for you actually sonny.

LOL, we all know you welly guys bullshit alot... sad thing is you back it up as well :disapint:

On a side note, would you be able to PM me where Johan Bruns got his sub-frame welded???

Cheers

Pickle
8th March 2005, 17:30
To be classified as good, does this mean you have to talk yourself up, do wheelies, showboat, be a dickhead on the road, be able to race well???
What a dumb fucken question.

Now if we were all on CT110's I would be KING, that is if Glen stays at home I would be.

**R1**
8th March 2005, 17:36
To be classified as good, does this mean you have to talk yourself up, do wheelies, showboat, be a dickhead on the road, be able to race well???

Now if we were all on CT110's I would be KING, that is if Glen stays at home I would be.

Why is some1 that can do cool tricks a dickhead??????????

and id kick u'r arse on a ct110...:shake:

Indiana_Jones
8th March 2005, 17:37
"In case some of you are wondering who the best is they are up here on this plaque."

"Do you think your name will be on that plaque?"

http://www.americanrhetoric.com/images/topgunviper2.JPG

-Indy

Pickle
8th March 2005, 17:42
Why is some1 that can do cool tricks a dickhead??????????

and id kick u'r arse on a ct110...:shake:

read it again I said dickhead on the road & if the title fits!

as for kicking my arse on a CT110 bring it on

Sensei
8th March 2005, 17:45
Hummm Fast Rider's .
From what I have seen Funkyfly for here has some great road skill & would be even better on a track I believe . A couple of Guy's I ride with here are Brilliant to on the road & track. Hope to meet & ride with some off here sometime soon . Then all the talk etc of Who can & Who cann't can be put to rest . Have gotten a few Pm from other's about so call Quick rider's that aren't . Don't see the point in doing that , just look like a Cock when you hook up with the Boy's . Very Silly !!
SENSEI

**R1**
8th March 2005, 17:47
read it again I said dickhead on the road & if the title fits!

as for kicking my arse on a CT110 bring it on

Mate.... you have no idea how much i would love to.....but i was too big for my ct110 when i was 8, so it was sold......

Racey Rider
8th March 2005, 18:22
"In case some of you are wondering who the best is they are up here on this plaque."

no, no,,
there Two e's in Racey Rider! :yeah:

Paul in NZ
8th March 2005, 18:23

OK Thats settled then - Doug is the CT110 KING and I'm the Mk2 Moto Guzzi KING.

Since these are the only two really COOL bikes out there and all you other loosers are too ghey to make a grab at the title it's settled.

Nothing else really matters eh?

Sensei
8th March 2005, 18:38
What about my Ported & polished Z50 running on Avgas with big bore header
Now ya gotta be Brain Degan from the Crusty Demons to ride this beast
So my 6y old son must be up with the top runner's LOL
SENSEI

Storm
8th March 2005, 18:39
So when's celebratory piss up in your honour(s) then oh sheepskin seat riding guru?

Indiana_Jones
8th March 2005, 18:59
no, no,,
there Two e's in Racey Rider! :yeah:

lol that's getting into the mood :)

-Indy

Pickle
8th March 2005, 19:32
OK Thats settled then - Doug is the CT110 KING and I'm the Mk2 Moto Guzzi KING.

Since these are the only two really COOL bikes out there and all you other loosers are too ghey to make a grab at the title it's settled.

Nothing else really matters eh?

I really have to agree with this Paul, have a beer :apint: or two :apint:

Two Smoker
8th March 2005, 19:38
I really have to agree with this Paul, have a beer :apint: or two :apint:

I had so much fun on the CT110 i used to ride....

Paul in NZ
8th March 2005, 19:49
So when's celebratory piss up in your honour(s) then oh sheepskin seat riding guru?

As soon as the tributes arrive from the lowly vassels on this site Kings Doug and Paul will have a summit meeting and you lot can have our leavings... So, the quicker to send us the beer the quicker we have the piss up..

Simple...

カワサキキド
8th March 2005, 19:51
My vote would go to Biff Baff, any1 that can ride a whale and still live to tell the tale must be doing sumin right:niceone:
aye cptn Ahab
Captian Ahab gets my vote too, he has the big blue whale eating from his palm.

StoneChucker
8th March 2005, 20:50
Whats happening then? I must have missed that!

Teflon
8th March 2005, 20:55
I bet, it's a guy on a old shitter that would clean up.

Theres probaly a good chance i've ridden with some of you guys, my VTR is easy reconizable being white.That is the reason why i don't post pics, don't really want to be pin-pointed.

Biff
8th March 2005, 21:01
My vote would go to Biff Baff

Thanks, I think?

I'm with Paul, how do you define best rider?

If it's fast road then I'd have say Aaron, Dangerous or K14. Although I've only seen K14 ride a 250 his lines are superb and he's silky smooth. But it'd be interesting to see what those guys could do on a track up against other speed merchants here. But then again nobody here has ridden with everyone on this site, so it's a bit like asking you lot how big my todger is. How the bloody hell would you lot know?!

If it's safe (you're out Aaron) and accident free (and again), at least accident free in terms of it being your own fault, then I'd vote for anyone who rides carefully, respectfully and with years of experience under his belt without a blemish (save two speeding tickets during his first three weeks in NZ!). He's probably Welsh as well. I suppose that there may be an outside possibility that there are a number of other people here that may qualify that I've yet had the pleasure of meeting. But I doubt it.

For those of a more sensitive disposition, this is a piss take by the way.

onearmedbandit
8th March 2005, 21:44
Out of all the one-armed gsxr750 riders on KB, I'm the quickest, the best at wheelies and, aw fuck it I'm the best of all of 'em. Fact.

Otherwise, I'm not the fastest, not the best at wheelies, nor the safest but I enjoy myself. Maybe more than most as it was something taken away from me.

gav
8th March 2005, 21:57
Thanks, I think?

I'm with Paul, how do you define best rider?

If it's fast road then I'd have say Aaron, Dangerous or K14. Although I've only seen K14 ride a 250, his lines are superb and he's silky smooth. But it'd be interesting to see what those guys could do on a track up against other speed merchants here. But then again nobody here has ridden with everyone on this site, so it's a bit like asking you lot how big my todger is. How the bloody hell would you lot know?!

If it's safe (you're out Aaron) and accident free (and again), at least accident free in terms of it being your own fault, then I'd vote for anyone who rides carefully, respectfully and with years of experience under his belt without a blemish (save two speeding tickets during his first three weeks in NZ!). He's probably Welsh as well. I suppose that there may be an outside possibility that there are a number of other people here that may qualify that I've yet had the pleasure of meeting. But I doubt it.

For those of a more sensitive disposition, this is a piss take by the way.

I have to ask, when we left the hilltop pub the other week and rode back down towards to Little River, did you spot a sheep you fancied and stop or something? :msn-wink:
As for Aaron selling a CT110 cos he was too big at 8, I thought it would be one of the few bikes you could put both feet on the ground at the same time, corse you wouldnt be sitting on the seat, but hey.....

NordieBoy
8th March 2005, 21:58
I would say that I'm the fastest/best Gilera Nordwest rider here.
And once I've bought all the Nordies no-one will be able to say otherwise.

So there.
:done:

Ms Piggy
8th March 2005, 22:09
CSL's tour of the south and jaz riding the GN to akl and back qualify them for a mention.... In the endurance catagory
Cheers Paul :niceone: I've only just read this thread.

Ms Piggy
8th March 2005, 22:12
Velox is my vote

Yes!! :yes: :yes: :yes:

madboy
8th March 2005, 22:19
Yes!! :yes: :yes: :yes:I can wait until she upgrades - until then I can at least whip her ass in a straight line!

Ms Piggy
8th March 2005, 22:20
I would say that I'm the fastest/best Gilera Nordwest rider here.
And once I've bought all the Nordies no-one will be able to say otherwise.

So there.
:done:
Yes I can vouch for that!

Velox
8th March 2005, 22:57
Velox is my vote

Cheers guys! But in all honesty (not trying good old Kiwi false modesty here!) I think it's partly just cause people don't expect a female, for a start, on a 250 to be able to boot it. I think a lot of it is just down to breaking expectations rather than being some amazing rider. Def makes me work harder though riding with you all on your big bikes. :confused:

I remember on my first KB ride being a bit disturbed about the fact that Doug Green and Mrs DG (I think) hooned past me and a whole lot of others on the Takas on their trail bikes! I assumed that it was road bike domain and totally didn't expect it. Then I heard he was overtaking a whole pile of bikes on the Coast to Coast on his CT! So he's worth a mention I reckon! (As you can see I'm standing up for other bikes in the "marginalised" category :2thumbsup ).

madboy
8th March 2005, 23:24
I think it's partly just cause people don't expect a female, for a start, on a 250 to be able to boot it.
It wasn't the gender thing that surprised me, it was the style of bike thing - a 250 that looks like a learner bike giving it to my sportsbike... I was fully expecting to be given a good rogering by the big boys toys, but not by that!! And as for that tyre wear pattern... you poor student!

White trash
9th March 2005, 07:06
Whats happening then? I must have missed that!

Well is what's happening is this.

Me and two other carefully selected team members, are travelling to Christchurch next weekend to defend Wellys title of providing superior Sportsbike nutters.

Mr R1AaronKDX as graciously accepted this challenge and has compiled a top secret crew of his own to defend against the onslaught of Northern Nutters.

Who will triumph in this clash of titans?

Will the Yamahahaha even complete a single lap without spitting its lunch?

Will Deano surprise us all and bust out some phat wheelies?

Stay tuned........

ManDownUnder
9th March 2005, 07:11
Yeah,I reckon jrandom - the guys quick,bloody quick,I don't reckon anyone here could go up against him on any subject...the guys a bloody legend!

Agreed (... little bastard... :shake: )

(... all meant in the nicest possible way...) <== to be said in a Kenny Everett voice
MDU

Deano
9th March 2005, 07:26
I reckon Loosebruce, Two Smoker, myself, Jimbo600, Deano, Cycosis, ColdKiwi, Kawaka-Kid, Hoon, Frosty, ThatGuy, svs and a few others are probably the runner ups. There's still about 15-20 awesome riders but I'd rather not try to name everyone and then miss out a few.

Why thanks MR.

Whoops, I take that back. You guys are farkin dead.

Me and two other carefully selected team members, are travelling to Christchurch next weekend to defend Wellys title of providing superior Sportsbike nutters.

Unfortunately one of them is me.

Will Deano surprise us all and bust out some phat wheelies?

No pressure though eh mate ? I have to say it is tempting to try some with you demons about setting the standard.

moko
9th March 2005, 08:14

Does best mean fastest in a sprint, a race track, on the street, a tour, off road, least accidents (ie still alive)??

You`re right Paul. Probably most of the guys here who do track days would leave me for dead .On the road I`m quick but safe,never,ever take any chances.Been riding for 29 years,year round rain,ice,fog,diesel spills,you name it.Last accident was in 1979,only tipping my bike over in a classic "clutch out,shit forgot the disc lock" moment 3 years ago has had me picking a bike off the floor since then.I see plenty of blokes in summer that are fast but not even half-decent riders,they bin their bikes and lose their licences then wonder why.Going fast on a modern bike is very,very easy,it`s doing it while staying safe that`s the skillful part.Mainly through experience I`d say I`m a good rider in the environment I`m used to,probably see off most of the guys here in heavy traffic simply because using all the available space and finding gaps despatch-rider style without being suicidal is what I`ve done for years and even Auckland traffic is no big deal compared to the snarl-ups in most Brit cities.On a track I`d get left behind,would be totally lost on the dirt.Horses for courses,each to his own e.t.c.Most skillful bloke in his own field I ever knew personally was dynamite on the sprint circuit and a menace on the road because he rode with no regard for his or anyone else`s safety.Note the past tense,he hit a car lane-splitting at 70 m.p.h.

Biff
9th March 2005, 08:58
I have to ask, when we left the hilltop pub the other week and rode back down towards to Little River, did you spot a sheep you fancied and stop or something? :msn-wink:

Ha, ha ,ha ,ha - not.

I stopped and waited for a certain Busa rider that 'disappeared'. I spent ages at the side of the road waiting for him, then rode back in order to try and find him without any luck. I was obviously fearing the worst. When I returned home I phoned Dangerous who was also concerned and as such phoned Mr Busa. He told me that said Busa rider had spotted his good lady coming in the opposite direction and followed her back to Akaroa for lunch.

You know who you are. :brick:

Paul in NZ
9th March 2005, 09:42
You`re right Paul. Probably most of the guys here who do track days would leave me for dead .On the road I`m quick but safe,never,ever take any chances.Been riding for 29 years,year round rain,ice,fog,diesel spills,you name it.Last accident was in 1979,only tipping my bike over in a classic "clutch out,shit forgot the disc lock" moment 3 years ago has had me picking a bike off the floor since then.I see plenty of blokes in summer that are fast but not even half-decent riders,they bin their bikes and lose their licences then wonder why.Going fast on a modern bike is very,very easy,it`s doing it while staying safe that`s the skillful part.Mainly through experience I`d say I`m a good rider in the environment I`m used to,probably see off most of the guys here in heavy traffic simply because using all the available space and finding gaps despatch-rider style without being suicidal is what I`ve done for years and even Auckland traffic is no big deal compared to the snarl-ups in most Brit cities.On a track I`d get left behind,would be totally lost on the dirt.Horses for courses,each to his own e.t.c.Most skillful bloke in his own field I ever knew personally was dynamite on the sprint circuit and a menace on the road because he rode with no regard for his or anyone else`s safety.Note the past tense,he hit a car lane-splitting at 70 m.p.h.

We just did our little jaunt to the top o the south.

The AJS / Matchless club had their annual rally (The Jampot) at Hamner Springs and a bunch of them rode down from nelson way via the rainbow. So, me who felt pretty cocky about riding a 25 year old bike 2 up in the company of more modern tackle suddenly realises these old coozers rode 50 to 70 year old bikes with NO suspension over hot and dusty gravel tracks and mountain passes. A road that BMW adventure tourer people post 'my big adventure' trip reports about... ha! Am I better than those folks?

is WT and others?

Not bloody likely....

Motoracer
9th March 2005, 11:07

http://www.americanrhetoric.com/images/topgunviper2.JPG

-Indy

Yes sir! :cool:

nicko
9th March 2005, 11:30
nicko and then mr,riding fast on the road doesnt count for me

Thanks for the vote guys. There's plenty of guys faster than me in this country and probably on KB too, I'm pretty fast in my own lunchbox though and can cut a mean laptime in my Mazda Bongo.

I reckon we should decide it by a cannonball race from Bluff to Cape Reinga taking in 100 laps of each racetrack on the way up, who's in?

Winner gets bragging rights and a candlelit dinner and movie with White Trash.

WINJA
9th March 2005, 11:42
Thanks for the vote guys. There's plenty of guys faster than me in this country and probably on KB too, I'm pretty fast in my own lunchbox though and can cut a mean laptime in my Mazda Bongo.

I reckon we should decide it by a cannonball race from Bluff to Cape Reinga taking in 100 laps of each racetrack on the way up, who's in?

WHAT ABOUT ISLE OF PIHA TT? THATS ALWAYS GOOD FOR A CRASH OR 2 :doctor:

Ivan
9th March 2005, 11:49
You cant class someone as the best.
There is different classes buckets 150 125 etc. I mean you could have some guy on a thousand going fast but some guy on a 125 or 150 might have a better style. I mean its not about speed anyone can go fast in a straight line but it comes down to corners. Quote "races are won and lost in the corners". And thats true.

Motoracer
9th March 2005, 11:59
I'm pretty fast in my own lunchbox though and can cut a mean laptime in my Mazda Bongo.

Oh yea, I think it's about time I had a race with your Bongo with my Econovan.

Here's what my girl got up to, on the way down to Manfield last time.

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/gallery/albums/userpics/10284/160.jpeg

jrandom
9th March 2005, 12:34

Oooh, I'm in. He's so dreamy. :love:

Indiana_Jones
9th March 2005, 12:36
Yes sir! :cool:

That's pretty arrogant considering the company here, don't you think?

-Indy

White trash
9th March 2005, 13:42

What's second prize? Two?

Riff Raff
9th March 2005, 13:52

He he - it also managed to drive itself while the driver popped out the window to wave to all the following traffic!!!

SPORK
9th March 2005, 15:35
Such a dreamboat, one would say!

White trash
9th March 2005, 16:40

Such a dreamboat, one would say!

I'm seeing a trend, and I'm not liking it.

nicko
9th March 2005, 16:41
What's second prize? Two?

Nah, still the dinner and movie but it's only fish & chips and watching the Sound of Music on VHS.

3rd place is dinner and a movie as well but WT's cooking and you're watching re-runs of Shortland Street.

As a bonus, the booby prize is dinner and a movie with WT and the last place getter also wins dinner and a movie with WT.

Good on ya WT!

White trash
9th March 2005, 16:44
Nah, still the dinner and movie but it's only fish & chips and watching the Sound of Music on VHS.

3rd place is dinner and a movie as well but WT's cooking and you're watching re-runs of Shortland Street.

As a bonus, the booby prize is dinner and a movie with WT and the last place getter also wins dinner and a movie with WT.

Good on ya WT!

Nick, if you wanna date, just ask dude!

I'm totally aproachable.

nicko
9th March 2005, 16:45

My Bongo eats Econovan's for breakfast - bring it on!

(p.s. yes I am aware that Bongo's and Econovan's are identical)

White trash
9th March 2005, 16:46

....blah blah blah.....

Good on ya WT!

I'm totally aproachable.

Hey! I just realised that the bikes in our avitars are the very same bike!

FerReakeeyyyy!

Joni
9th March 2005, 16:47

I'm totally aproachable.

:laugh: :laugh:
:niceone:

nicko
9th March 2005, 16:48

I'm totally aproachable.

But I'm sooo shy around celebrities.

p.s. I'm not gay (not that there's anything wrong with it - I'm just not)

White trash
9th March 2005, 16:48

FerReakeeyyyy!

And I'm raping it more than you!

"Show us a wheeeeeelie meester"

nicko
9th March 2005, 16:49

FerReakeeyyyy!

Wow, it's like fate.

Er, I mean - yeah hardcase man.

White trash
9th March 2005, 16:50

It's alright, neither am I, I just fucked a man that was once.

nicko
9th March 2005, 16:52
It's alright, neither am I, I just fucked a man that was once.

Ha ha, enough of this dribble I'm going home to console my poor bike, she still has nightmares about you.

Kickaha
9th March 2005, 16:52

Damn the hilux ute is toast then, it'll only go 155kmh with two bikes on the back
(on a pivate road under controlled conditons)

WINJA
9th March 2005, 16:55
But I'm sooo shy around celebrities.

I LOOKED UP GAY IN THE DICTIONARY AND THERE WAS A PICTURE OF YOU. THERE IS NO WAY SOMEONE AS HANDSOME AS YOU CAN BE STRAIGHT, OOPS SAID TO MUCH

NC
9th March 2005, 17:01
Niced to see I got a mention :D

Too bad it was nothing about my riding? Do I suck?
(at riding...yah wankers)

sAsLEX
9th March 2005, 17:04
Damn the hilux ute is toast then, it'll only go 155kmh with two bikes on the back
(on a pivate road under controlled conditons)
No worries, me mate has just finished his 4l v8 hilux, that shall be tested this weekend on a private closed road to confirm top speed!!

**R1**
9th March 2005, 17:51
Niced to see I got a mention :D

Too bad it was nothing about my riding? Do I suck?

Dont know....do u???? perhaps you could win a prize for that:yeah:

U might be unlucky enough to win dinner with WT, nicko said he sucks, you might have some stiff competition.

SPORK
9th March 2005, 18:12
I'm seeing a trend, and I'm not liking it.
Yes you are.

I'll stop if you give me a GSX250 (preferably not inhabited by the devil like a certain other...)

DEATH_INC.
9th March 2005, 18:14
I win the deseasil class (unless some ones got a farkin big chev or dodgy)clocked at 180kph by a mate in his subaru(he was on the speed limiter and couldn't shake me)in my Terrano.....
As for bikes,I'll reserve my judgement 'till I see TS on his 600.....
MR,can you beat John on the road yet?Other than him(john)MR's the fastest I've seen on the road.

Sensei
9th March 2005, 18:29
[QUOTE=DEATH_INC.]I win the deseasil class (unless some ones got a farkin big chev or dodgy)clocked at 180kph

My old 79 HZ 355 220kph & still hauling . :2thumbsup

SENSEI

Two Smoker
9th March 2005, 18:38
My Bongo eats Econovan's for breakfast - bring it on!

(p.s. yes I am aware that Bongo's and Econovan's are identical)

But you need the bling bling chromie hubcaps..... I cant wait for this race... bags being the swinger.... cant have a race without knee down action...

Two Smoker
9th March 2005, 18:47
Here we go Mr WT, sorry but it was only the beginning of Nicko's wheelie... blame the photographer...

And just wait till my 600's on the road Death :niceone: Just look around the back somewhere, like where i usually am.... that or look at the banks hehehe

Sensei
9th March 2005, 18:52
Hey whats that bit of string holding up your front wheel for ??? LOL :shake:
SENSEI

dveus
9th March 2005, 19:10
Here we go Mr WT, sorry but it was only the beginning of Nicko's wheelie... blame the photographer...

Yep that photographer is bloody incompetent. You're lucky that there is actually a bike in the shot

**R1**
9th March 2005, 19:22
[QUOTE=DEATH_INC.]I win the deseasil class (unless some ones got a farkin big chev or dodgy)clocked at 180kph

My old 79 HZ 355 220kph & still hauling . :2thumbsup

SENSEI

I had my old ZD fairlane up2 130mph....how fast is that?
But my old series 1 RX7 did 235kph(but it went thru about 235L of gas doing it)

WINJA
9th March 2005, 19:28
I had my old ZD fairlane up2 130mph....how fast is that?
But my old series 1 RX7 did 235kph(but it went thru about 235L of gas doing it)
YEAH GO THE ROTOR. I HAD AN RX3 COUPE AND THAT WAS FARKIN FAST . 6 POINT ALLOY ROLL CAGE . LOWERED. RX7 MOTOR AND BOX . I MISS THAT CAR IT SUPRISED ALOT OF V8S THATS FOR SURE

Sensei
9th March 2005, 19:34
130mph would be approx 210kph as 100k is 60mph so double that 200k is 120mph . So your beast about the same as the old HZ Ute . :niceone:
SENSEI

Kwaka-Kid
9th March 2005, 19:52
this is a hard one. Because there is obviously not one clear cut answer, its open to peoples opinion and what they feel the qualities must be of the best rider.

The best Rider in my mind, would be someone whom rides day in, day out, thru all the various ranges of traffic/driving styles, day in, day out... and not just at commuting speeds either, they know the limits of the machine they ride fairily well, and are able to adapt to any machine they get on and learn its limits in a relitivly short perioud of time. They would also be able to compensate accordingly for any wear/tear on the bike i.e tyres eventually going bald, and or brakes fading (with fork oil or the likes!) and do all this comfortably, and with-OUT crashing.

Hmm, so after all that, there are probably a number of riders that i think fit this, and yeah call be biased and in need of his help again soon :) But Nodman gets my vote.

And no, dont think for a second im trying to describe my own riding, although i might do all of the above (and try to just to fit my own perspective of a good rider), i do crash in the rain, i have crashed on beasts with nasty breaks, and i dont avoid all cars swinging at me.

As for best RACER, i would say its Dave, from up kaukop, whom raced the RS125(does he still? if so where is he these days?) closely followed by Nicko then sudeep.

Jackrat
9th March 2005, 20:55
I have noticed in the past that those that claim to be good have a nasty habit of planting face shortly after their claim to fame.
Something best kept well away from me thinks.

**R1**
9th March 2005, 21:23
YEAH GO THE ROTOR. I HAD AN RX3 COUPE AND THAT WAS FARKIN FAST . 6 POINT ALLOY ROLL CAGE . LOWERED. RX7 MOTOR AND BOX . I MISS THAT CAR IT SUPRISED ALOT OF V8S THATS FOR SURE

RX3(droool) nice one(worth shit loads now) .....mine had a cage, diamond plate floor, 650 holley, bridge port, king's super lows, and 8" hotwires, flared gaurds, and it was matt black.....it was the shit back in the day.....The fuka!!! i sold it to hit a lamp post and fucked it...

WINJA
9th March 2005, 21:43
RX3(droool) nice one(worth shit loads now) .....mine had a cage, diamond plate floor, 650 holley, bridge port, king's super lows, and 8" hotwires, flared gaurds, and it was matt black.....it was the shit back in the day.....The fuka!!! i sold it to hit a lamp post and fucked it...
I USED MINE EVERY DAY SO IT WAS JUST MILDLY TUNED, IT WAS THE MOST RELIABLE CAR I EVER OWNED , IT DID USE OIL BUT IT WAS MEANT TO IT STILL HAD THE OIL INJECTORS, YOU KNOW THE ONE I MEAN , THE ONES YOU HAVE TO CHECK THE METERING ON 1 MIL PER MIN OR SOMETHING

Motu
9th March 2005, 22:15
I USED MINE EVERY DAY SO IT WAS JUST MILDLY TUNED, IT WAS THE MOST RELIABLE CAR I EVER OWNED , IT DID USE OIL BUT IT WAS MEANT TO IT STILL HAD THE OIL INJECTORS, YOU KNOW THE ONE I MEAN , THE ONES YOU HAVE TO CHECK THE METERING ON 1 MIL PER MIN OR SOMETHING

Don't remind me,I used to work at a Mazda agent when those things were new - we used to time those things driping oil into a measuring cup.Twin dizzys,single dizzys - I used to get the dizzy jobs cause I was used to setting ign timing on Pommie bikes,most mechanics couldn't get their heads around a twin point dizzy,they were easy after setting up a Trident with tripple points.

Blakamin
9th March 2005, 22:27
Don't remind me,I used to work at a Mazda agent when those things were new - we used to time those things driping oil into a measuring cup.Twin dizzys,single dizzys - I used to get the dizzy jobs cause I was used to setting ign timing on Pommie bikes,most mechanics couldn't get their heads around a twin point dizzy,they were easy after setting up a Trident with tripple points.
what is with twin-point dizzys??? I used to have a scorcher twin-point in my xb coupe (351c) and it used to always burn out one set... every friggin coupla days.... never found a cure so I pissed it off and put a stock one in... can you give me some insight? please!!!

**R1**
10th March 2005, 06:53
I USED MINE EVERY DAY SO IT WAS JUST MILDLY TUNED, IT WAS THE MOST RELIABLE CAR I EVER OWNED , IT DID USE OIL BUT IT WAS MEANT TO IT STILL HAD THE OIL INJECTORS, YOU KNOW THE ONE I MEAN , THE ONES YOU HAVE TO CHECK THE METERING ON 1 MIL PER MIN OR SOMETHING yeah i know the ones, if ya go to carbon apex seals ya can rip that shit off.

Motu
10th March 2005, 07:09
what is with twin-point dizzys??? I used to have a scorcher twin-point in my xb coupe (351c) and it used to always burn out one set... every friggin coupla days.... never found a cure so I pissed it off and put a stock one in... can you give me some insight? please!!!

The twin points in things like the Mazda etc are two seperate ign systems - I'd say your 351 twin point was a Mallory dist...they use one set of points to close and send juice to the coil,the other to break the contact,so each set has a different job.The breaking set would die earlier as it gets the back EMF from the coil...that's what you need a condenser for.I know nothing about them,but have a Mallory ''key'',they are used to set the dist up somehow,but have never used it.

Oh,and the best rider?....certainly not me,I have had that shown to me many times over the years.

Motoracer
10th March 2005, 12:09
MR,can you beat John on the road yet?Other than him(john)MR's the fastest I've seen on the road.

I got him once when he had Diablos and I was with super corsas, then he got me when I had worn out super corsas and he was on racetecs. It'll be close if I go all out and he does the same with the same tires now but I don't really want to try. I am affraid of crashing out and ruining my chances with racing just to settle who's quicker on the road. That's why I normally ride with the KB bunch instead of the liter crew cause I can just ride in my own pace and not get competitive on the road.

He's one of the best riders out there I reckon though, not just for riding quick but he does the nicest rolling stoppies and the meanest wheelies etc etc while still maintaining a reletive amount of safety. Hopefully he might be racing in Superbikes sometime soon, along with some of the other members of the liter crew.

WINJA
10th March 2005, 18:11
this is a hard one. Because there is obviously not one clear cut answer, its open to peoples opinion and what they feel the qualities must be of the best rider.

The best Rider in my mind, would be someone whom rides day in, day out, thru all the various ranges of traffic/driving styles, day in, day out... and not just at commuting speeds either, they know the limits of the machine they ride fairily well, and are able to adapt to any machine they get on and learn its limits in a relitivly short perioud of time. They would also be able to compensate accordingly for any wear/tear on the bike i.e tyres eventually going bald, and or brakes fading (with fork oil or the likes!) and do all this comfortably, and with-OUT crashing.

Hmm, so after all that, there are probably a number of riders that i think fit this, and yeah call be biased and in need of his help again soon :) But Nodman gets my vote.

And no, dont think for a second im trying to describe my own riding, although i might do all of the above (and try to just to fit my own perspective of a good rider), i do crash in the rain, i have crashed on beasts with nasty breaks, and i dont avoid all cars swinging at me.

As for best RACER, i would say its Dave, from up kaukop, whom raced the RS125(does he still? if so where is he these days?) closely followed by Nicko then sudeep.
WHO THE HELL IS THIS NICKO GIRL? CAN HE EVEN RIDE A BIKE?

Motoracer
10th March 2005, 18:20
WHO THE HELL IS THIS NICKO GIRL? CAN HE EVEN RIDE A BIKE?

He's the club champ dude.

Hey, did you use to own a white CBR954RR a while back?

WINJA
10th March 2005, 18:29
He's the club champ dude.

Hey, did you use to own a white CBR954RR a while back?
NOPE NO WHITE CBR GOT A WHITE FRIDGE AND A WHITE DISHWASHER AND STOVE. CLUB CHAMP YOU SAY WHICH CLUB? WHICH CHAMP? STILL SOUNDS LIKE A GIRL TO ME

Two Smoker
10th March 2005, 18:55
NOPE NO WHITE CBR GOT A WHITE FRIDGE AND A WHITE DISHWASHER AND STOVE. CLUB CHAMP YOU SAY WHICH CLUB? WHICH CHAMP? STILL SOUNDS LIKE A GIRL TO ME

Definately sounds like number 38 to me hehehe

WINJA
10th March 2005, 19:00
Definately sounds like number 38 to me hehehe
NO 38S HERE I DO 69S THOUGH

2_SL0
10th March 2005, 19:06

But the big question on everyones mind is "Will he be wearing the Violators to dinner."

Thank god Im slow. :2thumbsup

Riff Raff
10th March 2005, 19:21
NO 38S HERE I DO 69S THOUGH
:shit: You're doing Jared Love??????? :yeah:

WINJA
10th March 2005, 19:26
:shit: You're doing Jared Love??????? :yeah:
IS THAT YOURE DOING JARED,LOVE.
WHOS THAT , CAN HE RIDE A BIKE OK?
OH YOU MEAN THIS JARED LOVE IN THIS PIC , THE ONE OF HIM WHEN HE WAS ON CRACK AND WEIGHED 20 KG MORE

Two Smoker
10th March 2005, 19:42
IS THAT YOURE DOING JARED,LOVE.
WHOS THAT , CAN HE RIDE A BIKE OK?
OH YOU MEAN THIS JARED LOVE IN THIS PIC , THE ONE OF HIM WHEN HE WAS ON CRACK AND WEIGHED 20 KG MORE

LMAO :lol: :killingme man you crack me up hehehe

Sniper
13th March 2005, 15:44
Winja, Ill admit, thats good