PDA

View Full Version : Worse than usual driving

kave
2nd April 2009, 14:27
I am not the sort of person that reports bad driving to the police. I report accidents I am involved in, and would be happy to report to the police if there has been someone intentionally trying to knock me off my bike (thankfully hasn't happened yet) but do not feel comfortable reporting someone for anything less than that. I guess that it is the moral code I was raised with, don't be a tattle-tale/snitch/nark etc...

Now, as much as I am against encouraging Orwellian type citizen police/spies where everone is responsible for keeping an eye on their neighbour and reporting them if they are acting inappropriately I am beginning to feel that there are people on our roads who for their and our safety need to have their licences removed, and I do not believe that the police have the resources to work out who these people are.

Now that I have stated the problem as best I can, does anyone have any solutions? I am completely lost as to what should be done, but I am sure that if we utilise the collective intelligence of Kiwi Biker :lol: we should be able to come up with at least some reasonable ideas.

slofox
2nd April 2009, 14:43
Community Traffic Watch is your friend...although I don't know whether it gets any results at all...

vgcspares
2nd April 2009, 14:51
AA-12s front and rear with a permanent comms link to a judge who can sanction extreme prejudice based on real time video footage