PDA

View Full Version : Digital camera repair?

Magua
2nd April 2009, 15:04
I dropped my kodak digital camera a week or so ago, now the lens wont retract. >_< Went into a few camera stores today and apparently Kodak NZ have bitten the dust.

Anyone here know of someone within Auckland willing to take a look? The stores I went into turned me away as soon as I mentioned Kodak.

Burtha
2nd April 2009, 15:57
I'd say unless it was worth more than $300+ (now) and/or its insured its probably not going to be worth anyones time or money unfortunately.

Do you have house & contents insurance?
What make & model is it?

Fooman
2nd April 2009, 16:03
I've had that happen to me twice (busted lens on a little P&S camera from it being dropped). First time it happened I decided to pull it apart* - I soon came to the conclusion that a knackered lens is a knackered camera - the arrays of PCB's had to be vigorously disassembled to get access to the lens/CCD unit.

It wouldn't be worth it to repair. New camera time.

Cheers,
FM

*If you do this, don't forget to discharge the flash capacitor (I measured 400 V across the terminals when I opened the 1st one up).

Magua
2nd April 2009, 16:06
Do you have house & contents insurance?
What make & model is it?
Nope.
Kodak Easyshare v1253.

It wouldn't be worth it to repair. New camera time.

Bugger. :(

Burtha
2nd April 2009, 16:16
Have you taken it to any of the "Kodak Express" places? ie; have just looked at yellowpages.co.nz and theres a few around ...
Shame, looked like quite a good value camera, but ya might be poked.

Drunken Monkey
2nd April 2009, 16:28
Kodak Easyshare v1253

Typically not worth repairing cameras like that, spare parts, if even available, can cost more than the camera itself.

Replace.

joeyr
19th September 2010, 17:42
Hi if you still need to fix the camera I can do it.....

I'm in ponsonby....

SMOKEU
20th September 2010, 09:49
*If you do this, don't forget to discharge the flash capacitor (I measured 400 V across the terminals when I opened the 1st one up).

It just adds to the buzz.

avgas
20th September 2010, 10:51
It just adds to the buzz.
Nah more like 3rd degree burns. in a few milliseconds.
DAMHIK

SMOKEU
20th September 2010, 12:28
Nah more like 3rd degree burns. in a few milliseconds.
DAMHIK

From an ordinary digital camera!?

tiptoes79
27th June 2012, 12:58

I'm in ponsonby....

Not sure how old this is, but I need a Canon G11 fixed. Lens issues, but doesn't need replacement parts I don't think.
Can you help?

avgas
27th June 2012, 13:02
From an ordinary digital camera!?
Nah - disposible one. Was a great student flat game to play (Camera Roulette). Took about a year for the burn mark to fade away.

avgas
27th June 2012, 13:03

I'm in ponsonby....
Likewise. I have a canon exlim with a issue with the zoom. If I touch the zoom now the autofocus goes spastic and camera shuts down.