PDA

View Full Version : MARCH HARE

murhf3
8th March 2005, 17:01
I WAS RIDING BAC FROM KIAKOURA ON SUNDAY PASSED MOST OF THE BIKES GOING NORTH,A SPECIAL BIG THANKS TO THE PLP WHO WAVED BAC TO ME,TO THE OTHER MOSTLY HARLEY RIDERS APPROX 90PER CENT,WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO BIKER COMRADERY :shake: CHRIST FOR A MOMENT I THOUGHT I HAD A BOGGEY ON ME HELMET,ONE DAY AND IF ITS A HOG IT.LL BE SOON YOU WILL BE SITTING ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD AND I WILL RIDE ON BY. FOR F..KS SAKE HOW MUCH EFFORT DOES IT TAKE TO LIFT A FINGER :ar15:

bugjuice
8th March 2005, 17:05
FOR F..KS SAKE HOW MUCH EFFORT DOES IT TAKE TO LIFT A FINGER :ar15:
depends which finger! :finger:
and why the shouting?

know what you mean tho, dude.. ain't hard to say howdy :niceone:

ducatijim
8th March 2005, 17:46
I know what you mean.. me and the missus just home from a w/end in welliwood and found very few waves from bikes in the capital/wairarapa/hawkes bay. Sports types were OK, the rest very ignorant.Were on ST2 Dook and a Trike. I also would find it hard to find any desire to help HD types in need....a REAL pity eh?

カワサキキド
8th March 2005, 19:24
When I was riding into town just after 4pm, I wove to every bike I saw.
The only one that waved back was on a new black harely!

Skyryder
8th March 2005, 19:35
When I was riding into town just after 4pm, I wove to every bike I saw.
The only one that waved back was on a new black harely!

Yep and he probably has not been told the code. I just tend to lift my fingers off the throttle. Not to sure if they see me or not. Rapidly coming to the conclusion that this is a wast of time. Still..................all things are possible.

Skyryder

カワサキキド
8th March 2005, 19:39
All my waves where huge, I had my arm right up. On sunday almost every one waved back but no waves from the commuters today.

Paul in NZ
8th March 2005, 19:56
I WAS RIDING BAC FROM KIAKOURA ON SUNDAY PASSED MOST OF THE BIKES GOING NORTH,A SPECIAL BIG THANKS TO THE PLP WHO WAVED BAC TO ME,TO THE OTHER MOSTLY HARLEY RIDERS APPROX 90PER CENT,WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO BIKER COMRADERY :shake: CHRIST FOR A MOMENT I THOUGHT I HAD A BOGGEY ON ME HELMET,ONE DAY AND IF ITS A HOG IT.LL BE SOON YOU WILL BE SITTING ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD AND I WILL RIDE ON BY. FOR F..KS SAKE HOW MUCH EFFORT DOES IT TAKE TO LIFT A FINGER :ar15:

Similar amount of effort to type correctly and not just leave the goddam caps lock on I suspect... Either that or they heard you had a mean streak and were a bit scared to wave? :niceone:

Does your bike have yellow flames on it and did you get on the Lynx that night?

Paul N

PS Our arms nearly fell off waving to and being waved at by the AJS / Matchless dudes at the Jampot rally.. They wave and are a bunch of really cool people...

RiderInBlack
8th March 2005, 19:59
All my waves where huge, I had my arm right up.What like the smart arse kid in the classroom trying to get the teachers attention:spudwave:Wave too big and they might think your gay :Pokey: :lol: (if you are that's ok). A nod, hand rise or:niceone: is all us kiwis need.

Paul in NZ
8th March 2005, 20:01
Ooops

Forgot to mention in Blackball - even the car drivers wave to you! Damn cool place?

Paul N

ps - that story that they are just checking all your bits work before they do dispicable acts to you is not entirely correct.

Madguitarist!
8th March 2005, 20:05
Now most of the time I don;t bother with HDers since most won't respond. It feels crappy but it's not nice either when you don't get any RESPONSE!!! :angry2:

But for the rest, its real nice to feel a part of a 'bigger' family!! :2thumbsup

inlinefour
8th March 2005, 20:08
its getting better up here in the Naki. Has become a regular thing to have the Harley riders (non gang) wave back or even wave first...
:wari:

dangerous
8th March 2005, 20:23
Ya know..... the funny thing is when I was on the Guzzi most Iti and a lot of hog riders would wave back (aswell as Jappa's) not a lot of BMW's and a few Brits.

But on the Japper not many Iti's no Hog's very few BMW's and next to no brits would wave......................... go figger I'm still the same dude :spudwhat:

Biff
8th March 2005, 20:30
and a few Brits.

How can you tell somebodies nationality when their coming towards you on a bike :spudwhat:

And don't say it was because you heard them whinging above the engine and wind noise!

カワサキキド
8th March 2005, 21:01
Aw fuck it, that didn't work. I let you off 'till next time.

gav
8th March 2005, 21:32
I wave at most with left hand, doesnt worry me if they wave back, but lately I'm thinking KBer? when I see another bike :2thumbsup

murhf3
9th March 2005, 07:18
:confused: Sorry plp honestly didn.t realize that typing in caps is considered shouting .i wasn.t shouting nor pissed,just puzzled :spudwhat:

outlawtorn
9th March 2005, 11:46
:confused: Sorry plp honestly didn.t realize that typing in caps is considered shouting .i wasn.t shouting nor pissed,just puzzled :spudwhat:

ha! that'll learn you.... :eek:

outlawtorn
9th March 2005, 11:49
Waving is such a "on the moment" thing, sometimes you can wave back ,sometimes you can't cause you're looking at the arse of the car in front of you, I reckon we just have to accept that sometime we'll get a wave back and sometimes we won't.

As far as HD riders are concerned, just keep on waving, just they are not reciprocating doesn't we have to stoop down to their level and not wave at all. But I know we have some HD riders here and one day I hope to become one myself, it's just a generalisation though.

RiderInBlack
9th March 2005, 12:02
Aw fuck it, that didn't work. I let you off 'till next time.Thought that would get a bite:msn-wink: No worries, just shit stirring:niceone:

idb
9th March 2005, 12:04
Ya know..... the funny thing is when I was on the Guzzi most Iti and a lot of hog riders would wave back (aswell as Jappa's) not a lot of BMW's and a few Brits.

But on the Japper not many Iti's no Hog's very few BMW's and next to no brits would wave......................... go figger I'm still the same dude :spudwhat:
What a ridiculous post Dangerous.
There's no way you could be the same bloke on a Japper or an Italian or a Brit.
The rest of us know that and that's why you only get the wave you deserve at the time. :rolleyes:

vifferman
9th March 2005, 12:07
You would have been more puzzled if we mistook you for WINJA and gave you a hard time.:yeah:

No harm done this time; just don't let it happen again. :Pokey:

awd
9th March 2005, 13:16
Sitting at a red light yesterday on my way in to work and a HD pulled up next to me, rattling away as they do. He even started a conversation while we waited for green, talking about the Hare and all. Guess there are a number of them who are friendly enough. :niceone:

1500 Phil
11th March 2005, 19:36
Hi,
There has been talk that this was the LAST MARCH HARE, has anyone else that went heard any rumours ..

This came from 1 of the security people at the Rally on Sunday and also 1 of the service stations in Timaru ...

I hope its all rumour !!!!!

Phil

dangerous
11th March 2005, 21:36
Hi,
There has been talk that this was the LAST MARCH HARE, has anyone else that went heard any rumours ..

This came from 1 of the security people at the Rally on Sunday and also 1 of the service stations in Timaru ...

I hope its all rumour !!!!!

Phil
I wouldent think so....... it must be a big money maker, shit there will be none left soon :brick: