PDA

View Full Version : Can we trust you when you answer a poll?

Conquiztador
4th April 2009, 11:53
Came out of the "What speed are you riding at" poll.

Do you answer a poll on here honestly or do you just tick whatever your current status of medication (recreational or prescribed) makes your brain fancy?

If the poll is a intelligent one and the poll questions thought thru I will tick the box that I think most refers to what I do/feel re the subject.

But what about you?

And if you always bullshit when ticking the box, how do we know that you did not do the same on the poll accompaning this thread?

Whynot
4th April 2009, 11:59
Surely this should be a poll ......

Conquiztador
4th April 2009, 12:02
Surely this should be a poll ......

It is!!:laugh:

scorpious
4th April 2009, 14:23
I enjoy watching a bit of poll dancing :Offtopic:

Crisis management
4th April 2009, 14:30
If the poll is a intelligent one and the poll questions thought thru I will tick the box that I think most refers to what I do/feel re the subject.

But what about you?

About right for me, I will answer intelligently (I fink?) if I'm interested in the subject but with any pointless poll I will either ignore it or place an idiotic vote, what else can people generating stupid polls expect?

tri boy
4th April 2009, 15:06
I ticked the "Upstanding Citizen, Does Not Lie" choice.
That will give you some indication of KB poll worth.;)

LBD
4th April 2009, 15:29

This should have been one of the options in this poll.

Maybe we should run another poll to see if we think the questions in this poll qualified as intelligent..?

Mom
4th April 2009, 19:25
Came out of the "What speed are you riding at" poll.

Do you answer a poll on here honestly or do you just tick whatever your current status of medication (recreational or prescribed) makes your brain fancy?

But what about you?

And if you always bullshit when ticking the box, how do we know that you did not do the same on the poll accompaning this thread?

Your poll sucks, it is not multi choice :yes:

nallac
4th April 2009, 19:31
Your poll sucks, it is not multi choice :yes:

have to agree with mom.. it should've been multichoice......

and usually i answer polls as close as the choices let me....

James Deuce
4th April 2009, 19:48
The poll about speed was a little bit silly. No one EVER rides at exactly the same speed everywhere.

AllanB
4th April 2009, 20:45
Polls don't worry me - it's 'poll smokers' I worry about :buggerd:

Conquiztador
4th April 2009, 22:41
The poll about speed was a little bit silly. No one EVER rides at exactly the same speed everywhere.

And you have a point? All polls are silly. But to defend the speed one (as it was mine and I will defend anything mine!) clearly 200+ KB's are happy to indicate what they normally travel at. If we are to take in to consideration all variables like time of day, weather, traffic, tyre conditions, state of mind, what one had for brekkie and how horny you are, then we be polling our self...

SPman
4th April 2009, 22:41
Why did you make it anonymous!

Pussy!

Conquiztador
4th April 2009, 22:52
Why did you make it anonymous!

Pussy!

As I only use the results in my statistic reports I file with the IRD I do not need names. They know who you are anyhow.

James Deuce
5th April 2009, 06:34
And you have a point? All polls are silly. But to defend the speed one (as it was mine and I will defend anything mine!) clearly 200+ KB's are happy to indicate what they normally travel at. If we are to take in to consideration all variables like time of day, weather, traffic, tyre conditions, state of mind, what one had for brekkie and how horny you are, then we be polling our self...

My point is that yesterday I was cruising around at 90 km/hr for bit because it felt right.

"Depends" is the only answer to that other poll (the one striving for Scottish Play notoriety). I'm not talking adult nappies either.

The other point is, someone is being a bit defensive aren't they? What's the point of answering Internet polls if you can't use them to skew statistics for fun?

Conquiztador
5th April 2009, 07:02
My point is that yesterday I was cruising around at 90 km/hr for bit because it felt right.

"Depends" is the only answer to that other poll (the one striving for Scottish Play notoriety). I'm not talking adult nappies either.

The other point is, someone is being a bit defensive aren't they? What's the point of answering Internet polls if you can't use them to skew statistics for fun?

I won't have "depends" in a poll where I want to pin you down to tell me how much you disregard the law. Gives you too much of an chance for a way out.

And why would I not be defensive? I gave birth to the poll in question. And I always defend my offspring even when they are polls with birth defects that will make them deformed.

James Deuce
5th April 2009, 07:06
Every time I engage with a Finn I gain a little more insight into how such a tiny country could fight Mother Russia to a standstill.

McJim
5th April 2009, 11:04
If it's anonymous I'm usually honest. If someone wants me to admit openly to breaking the law then I doubt I would do such a thing online - of course I have never broken any law anywhere so its purely hypothetical :dodge:

caseye
5th April 2009, 11:59
Ask a sane question and I'll give you a sane poll result, but generally polls leave me non polled/plussed.Keep the polls going they're a bit of a laugh and do provide some insights into the average KB'ers thought processes.

Conquiztador
5th April 2009, 14:36
Every time I engage with a Finn I gain a little more insight into how such a tiny country could fight Mother Russia to a standstill.

A technique that the Finns used to terminate as many Ruskis as possible when they were outnumbered 100 to 1 was called "potti". The Russians would move in big numbers, and the Finns would wait till almost all had passed, then they separate a small group at the back and kill them all. Then they would catch up with the Ruskies and separate another small group and so on. This was particularily successful through the winter as the Russians had very poor winter gear and weapons would freeze, skis would break and their clothing was not made for -20 degree warfare.

If the Germans had kept their words and not been such azzholes Russia would now be Suur Suomi (Big Finland). In the end Finland had enuf of the Germans and kicked them out of Finland. They had such respect for the Finns fighting skills that they burned everything behind them from middle of Finland to the top. Forsets, houses, animals. Everything so that the Finns would have nothing to keep them alive when they followed the Germans up to Norway.