PDA

View Full Version : Classic write-off lives again!

Dodgyiti
4th April 2009, 14:55
For those BTTP chaps what saw her all squished and wrecked..

She lives again!

Some changes from the last incarnation;

Upswept pipes, painted Givi fairing, it's bloody green (and I'm not sure how it happened), new forks and air dampers, tinwork has been beaten back- no bog, grandad graprail cut off,home made cafe racer bars and my Stoner No#1 hand grips!
(Update, ok he is No#2 this year:second:)

And a heap more to make her look like a late 60's early 70's cafe racer and less like a tourer what she is supposed to be excepting for my strong pimpin' hand always gets the better of things in my shed.

Been test ridden and the only issue is new washers needed for the front m/cyl as there is a wee weep, otherwise all good to go.

Big ups to the top chaps with the van what brought her home, and all the BTTP crew-I hereby dedicate this pimpification to you'all :niceone:

Right--------- next project.........:blank:

tri boy
4th April 2009, 14:59
Well done that man.
Old Guzzi's rarely die, they just seem to adapt.

kiwifruit
4th April 2009, 15:02
Nice job :niceone:

Taz
4th April 2009, 15:04
Looking Good Dodgy!!

My Guzzi is all legal now and running great. May have to do the rear main seal some time tho.

98tls
4th April 2009, 15:08
Awsome work indeed,she looks great.Whats the story behind how she ended up in the first pic.

Taz
4th April 2009, 15:19
98tls - She just washed up with the tide. Some one was using her for an anchor of course......

portokiwi
4th April 2009, 15:23
:niceone: Great work. ummm is that number plate say lemon????

riffer
4th April 2009, 15:26
Tasty work.

Nicely done. Big ups.

Dodgyiti
4th April 2009, 15:27
Awsome work indeed,she looks great.Whats the story behind how she ended up in the first pic.

I/we got hit by a stray boat and trailer on the Coro loop on a Blast to the Past run with this lot of classic bike nutters. Broke my arm and squished some fingers so it took a while before I could get this puppy sorted out. Front end was bent back to the motor and exhaust and bodywork was trashed. Plus heaps of little things because one side copped a boat and trailer and the other side copped the sharp rocks as did I.

I still left a bit of boat in the fins, L/H side lower engine case -just to remind me. The rest took hours to chip out with mallet and drift...:(

Dodgyiti
4th April 2009, 15:29
:niceone: Great work. ummm is that number plate say lemon????

Heh Heh Heh, yeah :lol: or Lemans made in NZ :banana:

It has a 1000cc '91 Mk5 Lemans motor squeezed in there, but don't tell any one...:Pokey:

portokiwi
4th April 2009, 15:35
:niceone: You did a great job mate.

Paul in NZ
4th April 2009, 16:31
Good job old chap!

Number One
4th April 2009, 17:01
Looks really good! Well done that man :niceone:

98tls
4th April 2009, 17:06
I/we got hit by a stray boat and trailer on the Coro loop on a Blast to the Past run with this lot of classic bike nutters. Broke my arm and squished some fingers so it took a while before I could get this puppy sorted out. Front end was bent back to the motor and exhaust and bodywork was trashed. Plus heaps of little things because one side copped a boat and trailer and the other side copped the sharp rocks as did I.

I still left a bit of boat in the fins, L/H side lower engine case -just to remind me. The rest took hours to chip out with mallet and drift...:( Bloody hell,lucky to be here eh,good on you and as i said great job on the bike.

Max Headroom
6th April 2009, 08:30
Congratulations Dodgy. The poor thing took a big hit, and so did you.

We still have some unfinished business though, so when are we doing the Coro loop?

Taz
6th April 2009, 17:51
so when are we doing the Coro loop?

Yeah when??

Bonez
6th April 2009, 18:36
Good on ya. Take care.

Paulo
6th April 2009, 18:41
Great looking bike ! Looks the business.

HenryDorsetCase
6th April 2009, 18:43
thats cool.

great job. :)

Dodgyiti
6th April 2009, 19:00
Coro Loop Max? Got a few things to catch up on before I have a weekend day free.

Here is another pic I took after work today, yes it is instantly back into commuter mode for the old girl. Kinda cool jumpimg on a custom classic at 6am every morning and fanging it in the crisp morning air, I'm spoilt really :sunny:

caseye
6th April 2009, 19:01
Hey there Dodgyiti, real glad to see the old girl back up and running so strong.
Shes a credit to you and your skills mate.
I'm with ol Max, you tell us when and even if it's just you him and I ,we'll finish that puppy off( the Coro Loop, that is)
Could you do me a favour though and post these wonderful pics in the BFTPR thread.Hope you are as good to go as the bike mate.

toycollector10
6th April 2009, 22:00
Great restoration. It would have been easy to part it out so a big ups for keeping a great bike on the road.

SDU
7th April 2009, 12:25
Awesome:niceone:
That didn't seem to take you long! how do you find the time...

Dodgyiti
7th April 2009, 19:33
Awesome:niceone:
That didn't seem to take you long! how do you find the time...

My workshop is more hospitable than the house :yes: never bothered to furnish it. People come over, I let them in and say "make yourself at home" and there is nothing in there and we end up going to the workshop where there is at least a couple of seats. So plenty gets done and tv is boring... I watch waay too much American Chopper and Biker Buildoff as it is, can't ya tell?:innocent: