PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki GSX250

gamgee
8th March 2005, 21:26
what ya reckon about these bike? apart from the fact that they are one of the damn hardest to find 250's in the country...

Darryboy
8th March 2005, 21:50
Hi There,

Are you talking about the new GSX250s?

If so do a search as there's been some discussion about them before.

but briefly:
Good beginners bike, but if you're like me you'll have to upgrade to a sportier bike (such as a late 80's early 90's 4cyl 250 - or 2 stroke)

John
8th March 2005, 22:00
what ya reckon about these bike? apart from the fact that they are one of the damn hardest to find 250's in the country...
Yea the older ones are ok - its hard to get them in good nick though these days, pitty they didnt keep them going, mint bike that can give all the other inline 4's a lesson - but sadly the design is abit dated and doesnt do it for me, but neither the less they are a nice nice bike.

DarkNinja
8th March 2005, 22:00
I think you will find there are harder to find 250s than the GSX. just go to WT he will fix you up for a brand new one.

John
8th March 2005, 22:03
I think you will find there are harder to find 250s than the GSX. just go to WT he will fix you up for a brand new one.

I think hes reffering to the Inline 4 verson (late 80s) the only decent 250 GSX out.

gamgee
9th March 2005, 10:47
yup the older one, just spotted this tidy example
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports-tourer/auction-23199694.htm
but it had already sold when i saw it last night unfortunately otherwise i would have bought it, theres a few of the newer ones but they're all like $4500 and i'd rather just get a newish fxr150 if i was gonna spend over $2000

gamgee
9th March 2005, 10:59
just found that thread, and the fxr's sound like a better bike i just hate how they've got that skinny little rear tyre, makes them look pathetic

campbellluke
23rd March 2005, 17:32
I am sorry about bumping an old topic in this forum.

gamgee.

It is a shame that you weren't able to bid in time for the GSX250S Katana on trademe. Because I can vouch for it's performance and reliability. Because it was my brothers bike.

I have the exact same bike. My bike is totally mint. Had it now for just over a year. Imported from Japan with 6550kms , now 30,000. Rev's to 17k , 9k at 100kmph. Have got it up to 175kmph. Not as good as a CBR, but not as expensive.

I would highly suggest one of those over a GSX250 or a FXR150. It pisses on both those bikes.

I know of a possible contact, that is considering importing 8 of those bikes from Japan. Yes 8. - He is a Dunedin sider like us.

gamgee
26th March 2005, 09:57
how much would he be looking to sell them for?