PDA

View Full Version : 2KB, or not2KB

c4.
8th March 2005, 22:32
3 sport bikers at Avondale rowing club, sunday week ago.
I turned up at my Fav chill on the bike spot, You guys were already there after a largish ride, I suspect. I rocked up on the duck, you were friendly, but I felt unwelcome..... coulda been me.
Are you KB's????
I go there most Sundays it's a great spot after a ride ( bike entry only) Ha!
Just asking
5 knots

Jess
9th March 2005, 05:43
Dudes (KBers), I really hope this was NOT you.I have a personal thing against snobby bikers - other brothers/sisters on two wheels deserve to be greeted as an ally, not fobbed off/made to feel outside the circle.

Although, C4, if they had just been on a long ride together, they would perhaps have been sharing in some comradely camaderie, of an experience that you just had to be there to know about (as it is with rides), and that is bound to make the most welcome person feel left out.

:done:

750Y
9th March 2005, 07:26
if you're a bit shy like myself it'll always be hard to break into that. just because someone's on a bike doesn't mean you need to be their mate. especially if they snob you even less reason.

Madguitarist!
9th March 2005, 09:04
Yeah, that sounds a little rough. Hope they weren't KBers coz I've been having a blast since I came onboard with the welcoming nature of KBers!

If they are KB, lets hope it's a one off...... :spudwhat:

White trash
9th March 2005, 09:31
Sorry, but I'm always friendly to fellow motorcyclists, regardless.

However, the crew I ride with are all close mates, not just riding buddies. We are considered quite "clicky" by others at times and I suppose we could be accused of making others felt not welcomed.

Live with it. Because you are a KBer, you are NOT, neccesarily, my mate. There are people I've met from here who I am now very good friends with, there are those who I can't stand (but still respect) and there are those who I believe that when we do meet, we will be good friends.

Do the maths folks, there's alot of KBers here and I like to help people out, offer advise or take the piss. This doesn't mean I want to be your mate.

Slipstream
9th March 2005, 11:06
This doesn't mean I want to be your mate.

Who's talking about mating?

Skunk
9th March 2005, 11:19
there's alot of KBers here and I like to help people out, offer advise or take the piss. This doesn't mean I want to be your mate.Yeah, I have seen that. You're always helping KB's. (no PT - I'm serious.)

Sniper
9th March 2005, 14:38

Everything always turns to sex

SPORK
9th March 2005, 15:10
Everything always turns to sex
...Or beer. Or reputation points. Or religion.

Screw it, to save time, here we go.

What is the morality of asking for reputation points while drunk?

SPman
9th March 2005, 19:11
Only if your're drunk..or asking...or moral.....do you get rep points!

Shit, they've sold out of Monteiths Summer Ale!!!!

What will I drink now!!!

Biff
9th March 2005, 19:15

How on earth can you people vote for me as site Strumpet when you have the likes of this minx here?!

On the other hand, vote for me, it makes me look interesting.

merv
9th March 2005, 19:42
I'll talk to any biker doesn't worry me whether you are a dork or not. I'll probably take your photo too if you come down our way.

Waylander
9th March 2005, 19:57
Talk to any biker anytime, even chased a few down to talk to and ride with for a bit if I don't have anywhere to be. Made lots of friends all over the states that way.