PDA

View Full Version : Curiosity

1vanvan1
5th April 2009, 19:37
Greetings.

Just a few questions about motards. As i am thinking about getting one.

What sort of maintainace is required on them.

Etc, Oil change how often. Pistons rings etc

Like if i was going to buy a 08 DRZ400 how much would i be expecting to spend every 10000km?

Silage
6th April 2009, 13:28
I have not done 10k on mine yet but my expectations are that in the first 50k to spend money on rego, warrants, fuel, oil, tyres and general servicing fees only. I don't think they should be as demanding as the high spec trailies unless you drown them some and generally thrash them around the same terrain.

Having said that I have put a tacho/hour meter on mine just to keep track of revs and running time.

ital916
6th April 2009, 20:03
Greetings.

Just a few questions about motards. As i am thinking about getting one.

What sort of maintainace is required on them.

Etc, Oil change how often. Pistons rings etc

Like if i was going to buy a 08 DRZ400 how much would i be expecting to spend every 10000km?

1 BILLION DOLLARS....MUHAHAHAHAHAHA *why is there no doctor evil smiley...cmon kb designers get on in there*

1vanvan1
6th April 2009, 21:05
So these thing I hear about having to do the pistons and stuff every 10000km is bogus?

Its basically just the same and owning a 600cc sportbike?

kezzafish
7th April 2009, 11:39
the DRZ in particular is well known for being very solid. However i'd say you're more likely to have to change a piston on a DRZ than on a 600 as it's still a single cylinder and this is hard on pistons. On the bright side the parts and labour are cheap as cos they're so common and easy to work on. Not to mention the fact that they're made by the kings of cheap motorcycling

dave_a
11th April 2009, 08:49
Totally bogus i know of one thats done 47 thousand kms and still runs like new, You will get alot more than 50 thousand kms out of it before you have to do anything if you treat it right, oil change every few thousand kms like a 600, just normal stuff

barryr1
17th April 2009, 20:11
It will all come down to how you treat it too..... Some people are harder on them than others.

dave_a
19th April 2009, 11:20
yeah you should buy this one, I know for a fact its been treated really well!

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=213709605