PDA

View Full Version : Full test, any tips?

FEINT
9th March 2005, 07:58
Planning on going for my full in a month or two. Anybody got any tips?

sAsLEX
9th March 2005, 08:26
well when i sat my restricted, i turned up in full leathers and proper gear and the guy was so impressed with that, that when I took a wrong turn and cut the test down to about 1/2 distance he just said "well it looks as though you can ride, you have the gear" and gave me my licence!

So full gear is a must i reckon

Madguitarist!
9th March 2005, 08:56
Yes, proper gear is the first thing they note, kinda tells them what kind of rider you are....... serious, hoon, etc.

Also, always check your blindspot whenever changing lanes or turning.

StoneChucker
9th March 2005, 09:15
Yes, proper gear is the first thing they note, kinda tells them what kind of rider you are....... serious, hoon, etc.

Also, always check your blindspot whenever changing lanes or turning.
Bad idea. Listening to music, and fiddling with your i-pod is only going to get you failed!

:spudwave:

Candyman
19th March 2005, 16:31
if you have a plain coloured helmet, put a different coloured sticky dot in the centre at the back, so they can see you moving your head checking side roads for potential hazards. Got this tip from a instructor when I did my learners riding test

Riff Raff
19th March 2005, 18:49
Stick to the speed limit, and keep checking your mirrors for instructions from the tester following you in the car.

NC
19th March 2005, 18:58
Stick to the speed limit, and keep checking your mirrors for instructions from the tester following you in the car.
Riding under the speed limit is better, and just move yah head about...lol
Don't go too close to the middle lane and over indercate.

FEINT
19th March 2005, 20:47
thanks for the advice, I haven't had the time to go and book one, but I will soon!! HOpefully in the next few weeks.. !

SuperDave
19th March 2005, 21:38
Man, I seriously hope the Full test is more in depth, I just got my restricted and it was a joke to say the least. Good luck for it.