PDA

View Full Version : Breathing Heavy

Tink
8th April 2009, 23:56
Ok its cold,... winter is setting in... the ice is on your...and the fingers are feeling rather...He warms to the idea of...and you just can't......and ya fog up...

WHAT DO YA DO? :blank:

RocKai
8th April 2009, 23:59
Nice tattoo :shifty:

Put your jacket on and go for it.

Conquiztador
9th April 2009, 00:06
You can get some really good antifog stuff. Or use dishwashing liquid on the visor

R6_kid
9th April 2009, 00:20
Buy a snorkel.

Big Dave
9th April 2009, 00:20
The best and by far the most expensive fix is a pinlock visor. But you get what you pay for.

Next best is a fog city insert.

Then some anti fog treatment - 'cat crap' to sunlight liquid will be recommended.

Next - Open visor

Finally - hold breath.

Tink
9th April 2009, 00:35
Nice tattoo :shifty:

Put your jacket on and go for it.

now that means stopping... revisiting the visor... and glasses if ya still in daylight mode. and hanging...

erm...

Tink
9th April 2009, 00:38
The best and by far the most expensive fix is a pinlock visor. But you get what you pay for.

Next best is a fog city insert.

Then some anti fog treatment - 'cat crap' to sunlight liquid will be recommended.

Next - Open visor

Finally - hold breath.

so your basically saying.. "give up yr sex life" and join the morman few... ?" << no seriously.... I was referrring to the cold.. I like leather.. ! clear helmet.. and warm toes.

RocKai
9th April 2009, 00:41
My Cat Crap don't work too well.
Neither is my balaclava...
Neither is my Breath Guard...
Your next best option is Fog City insert if you got a nice helmet...or whatever
Pin lock is the most expensive one.

Big Dave
9th April 2009, 00:43
so your basically saying.. "give up yr sex life" and join the morman few... ?"

ahhhhhhhhhh...no.

Tink
9th April 2009, 00:47
ahhhhhhhhhh...no.

that be a quizzical answer... ! does groty ring any guitar bells

Conquiztador
9th April 2009, 00:50
Using open face and sunnies is my solution. And when it rains I stop at the pub.

Gremlin
9th April 2009, 01:25
Are we still talking about visors fogging up?

If so:
Haven't tried pinlock
Fog city didn't stay stuck to the visor for more than 24 hours
used a breath guard with reasonable success, also use a balaclava as well

The other thing is to check your breathing, and your mental state. If nervous, you will breath heavier and faster, hence fog up the visor more. If calm, fogging issue will ease. As for warmth, if you are too warm, yes, you can fog up the visor, should only be an issue when stopped.

If you're physically cold, chuck more gear on, you'll get tired much faster when cold. Core body comes first, then remember main loss of heat is head, hands and toes, so keep them windproof.

Big Dave
9th April 2009, 02:11
Fog city didn't stay stuck to the visor for more than 24 hours

Ya just has to be smarter than the installation procedure.
(I get the guys at motomail to install mine.)

LBD
9th April 2009, 02:36
use a spot of blue tac to stick a soft moldable earplug to the lower edge opening of the visor hole. This will create a 5 mm opening that will keep air circulating and visor fog free.

Patch
9th April 2009, 04:58
I use a polyprop face/neck guard, don't use any 'anti-fog' product on the visor, other than keeping it clean and I don't have fogging issues whatsoever.
Still have a pinlock in its wrapper, that I'll probably never use.

Trudes
9th April 2009, 05:37
Go to the top of the page, find the search function and type in Fog+Visor.:msn-wink:

rosie631
9th April 2009, 06:59
Using open face and sunnies is my solution. And when it rains I stop at the pub.

Yep, good idea.

Tink
9th April 2009, 07:24
use a spot of blue tac to stick a soft moldable earplug to the lower edge opening of the visor hole. This will create a 5 mm opening that will keep air circulating and visor fog free. I like that idea...

Go to the top of the page, find the search function and type in Fog+Visor.:msn-wink:

but that would be to easy... ;) <_<

Maha
9th April 2009, 07:39
so your basically saying.. "give up yr sex life" and join the morman few... ?" << no seriously.... I was referrring to the cold.. I like leather.. ! clear helmet.. and warm toes.

You need a car!....you will look as stoopid as the mormon few on a 3 deg Waikato morning, or Greg Murhpy, but at least you will be warm...:2thumbsup,

Tink
9th April 2009, 07:45
You need a car!....you will look as stoopid as the mormon few on a 3 deg Waikato morning, or Greg Murhpy, but at least you will be warm...:2thumbsup,

lol but I have a car... :crybaby:

CookMySock
9th April 2009, 08:13
I have two cheapie helmets. An older FFM and a LS2. The earlier FFM fogs up real bad, where the LS2 has more space around the nose and mouth area and seems to stay fog free no matter what.

For warmth, you need a warm jacket and pants with plenty of length, polypropylene long pants and polo top, longer-sleeve gloves, polypropylene glove liners and balaclava, and for extended night rights, heated grips and heated jacket liner.

It's also important to be toasty warm BEFORE you get on the bike, or else you are pushing shit uphill with a rake to begin with. ;)

Steve

Oscar
9th April 2009, 08:16
+1 for pinlock.

Patch
9th April 2009, 08:18
when it rains I stop at the pub.
newest member of the biker angels club huh?

Greg Murhpy
not really fair to compare him to a 12yr old queer is it?

For warmth, you need etc etc etc etc
buy a newspaper - its cheaper and you'll have something to read and/or light a fire with.

Maha
9th April 2009, 08:25
not really fair to compare him to a 12yr old queer is it?

It came across wrong...'look as stoopid as those mormons or like Greg Murphy...as in ment to be.

Insanity_rules
11th April 2009, 00:43
so your basically saying.. "give up yr sex life" .

Hell no, just don't wear your helmet to bed or do if that floats your boat. I put the liner back in my jacket this morning and by this afternoon I was trying to squash it back under my seat.

I got a cool thing called a no fog that attaches inside your visor. Works well too as I also wear glasses and the only thing I like fogging those is........................well that would be telling.

Tink
11th April 2009, 00:45
the only thing I like fogging those is........................well that would be telling.

hehe no comment there huh!!!!:nono:

Insanity_rules
11th April 2009, 00:46
hehe no comment there huh!!!!:nono:

Well I'd like to comment but I hear that this is a family show.

Tink
11th April 2009, 00:48
Well I'd like to comment but I hear that this is a family show.

erm... ok!!!!!!!!!1:devil2:

Insanity_rules
11th April 2009, 00:54
erm... ok!!!!!!!!!1:devil2:

:devil2: Got any italian in you?

Sorry I shouldn't drink and post.

Laxi
11th April 2009, 00:56

Sorry I shouldn't drink and post.

dude! how long you been waiting to use that 1?:Pokey:

Insanity_rules
11th April 2009, 00:58
dude! how long you been waiting to use that 1?:Pokey:

Only where appropriate. Or inapropriate. Hey where'd you come from? You stalking me?

Tink
11th April 2009, 01:03

Sorry I shouldn't drink and post. why not!! oh ye.. one tends to talk crap at that point in the night.

Only where appropriate. Or inapropriate. Hey where'd you come from? You stalking me?

NOPE.. .NOR kiwi born............................^^^^Now I am curious!

Laxi
11th April 2009, 01:03

nah just that pretty red bike of yours

Tink
11th April 2009, 01:06

geez.. dude.. I am jealous... not... but ah well red is pwetty right!:devil2:

Insanity_rules
11th April 2009, 01:10
Now I am curious!

Nah I was making a joke and the second one regarding stalking was refering to Laxi. He's been on most of the threads I've been on.

I knew you were Ducatisexual!

geez.. dude.. I am jealous... not... but ah well red is pwetty right!:devil2:

Red is best. Well we could stalk you if you like? But I prefer the direct approach myself.

Tink
11th April 2009, 01:13
Nah I was making a joke and the second one regarding stalking was refering to Laxi. He's been on most of the threads I've been on.

I knew you were Ducatisexual!

Red is best. Well we could stalk you if you like? But I prefer the direct approach myself.

haha ye got both... not that blonde!!!!:msn-wink: