PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with a honda c110?

GerryAttrick
9th April 2009, 11:20
Had one of those years ago as my first bike. Seemed to go forever with minimal maintenance. Just as well as I knew F* all about bikes in those days (whats changed I hear you ask):no:

Kids used to call me Moggie Man after an advert for (I think iceblocks) - the guy was this spindly creature with a large helmet (on his head!).

Remember the day I got pi$$ed at work and fell asleep on it still on the stand..Ah the old days!! No chance of that now. Also got rear ended on the Panmure roundabout. Wondered where the sudden acceleration came from until I looked back and realised some twat had hit the back of the bike instantly doubling my speed:doh:

I'd love to get another to restore.

Don't even have a picture after my ex took all the photos and burned the ones she did not want.

nudemetalz
9th April 2009, 13:20
I had one many years ago. Great wee machine (I also had a C100 pushrod steppie as well).

They're a piece of cake to do the tappets on and no camchain to worry about.

Mine used to top 80km/h (well 50mph on the minature speedo) until I got a headwind or slight incline.

I'd also love to restore one. Try finding one though !!!

(this pic isn't mine though)

caseye
10th April 2009, 17:18
I had a Honda CG 110 roady, that little old bike took me everywhere man, got a ticket on the northern motorway for overtaking everything in sight using the emergency lane. Some T/O with nothing better to do than yell at me through his speaker system.
At first he kept screaming driver pull over, I'm thinking I'm a rider I'll keep going, then he said 'rider' I had to stop, too naive and young then.
Was a little ol Yella one with red pin stripping, did me for about 2 years.

nudemetalz
10th April 2009, 19:46
C-110 was a 50cc pushrod motorcycle (the scooter was the C-100) made in around 1963 to 68ish
The CG-110 was a pushrod 110cc commuter like a CB100/125 made in the early '70s

So, not quite the same,....but CG-110 are still an awesome wee machine.

GerryAttrick
13th April 2009, 21:43
I had one many years ago. Great wee machine (I also had a C100 pushrod steppie as well).

They're a piece of cake to do the tappets on and no camchain to worry about.

Mine used to top 80km/h (well 50mph on the minature speedo) until I got a headwind or slight incline.

I'd also love to restore one. Try finding one though !!!

(this pic isn't mine though)

Looks just like my old bike...of course they all did anyway. Where have they all vanished to now?

YellowDog
13th April 2009, 21:59
I ride a CT110 as a Postie most days of the week. They take an incredible amout of punishment and don't complain. I do about 400 180 degree slow turns using the rear brake every day. No problem at all. 88Kph down a long hill. 55kph up hill.

I followed one on Trademe today. 2003 model with 35k went for $1090. Pretty good value IMHO.

Ixion
13th April 2009, 22:02
I quite oftenh see a postie dude on one of them around Wiri on my way to werk. Always give him a wave never got one back. Snobbish lot, them C110 riders, like Ducati riders I guess, except their electrics are more reliable. :devil2:

YellowDog
13th April 2009, 22:19
The 'Postie Salue' is reserved for 'Postie's' only.

Electrics: Headlamp & Indicators only.

xwhatsit
13th April 2009, 22:36
CT110 or C110? C110 looks mad. CT110 ultimate advbike.

I'm restoring a C50 in my gargre. Just finished the final clear-coat on the last piece, the bar/headlight nacelle thing. As it's the bit right under my nose I'll be looking at I spent double the time prepping it compared to the rest of the bike and it looks shiny as all hell.

Looks like same front forks and swingarm and shocks and in fact most bits as that there C110, just a step-through frame instead of cross-bar. Aren't they dicky little front forks, had 'em apart in 5 minutes with a 12mm, 13mm and 14mm spanner...

I should post up some pics.

nudemetalz
13th April 2009, 22:43
I quite oftenh see a postie dude on one of them around Wiri on my way to werk. Always give him a wave never got one back. Snobbish lot, them C110 riders, like Ducati riders I guess, except their electrics are more reliable. :devil2:

Oiii, cheeky bugger, not all are the same...
my Missus is a Postie CT110 rider. She rides the Guzzi also and waves to other riders too !!

zeRax
16th April 2009, 17:18
i was bidding on that 2003 in auckland too, but by time i would get it here ;\ new chain and sprockets, meh, bought one down in chch yesterday, should be getting delivered to my mates place shortly, its an 03 aswell ^_^ and in better condition and with front rack still, hehe~~

the mouse
18th May 2009, 21:43
Lookin for one myself too. When were not riding me and a mate ( Hilda chaly)chuck the scoots into the back of the van and go adventure riding off and on the beaten track. Mine a Hilda 2 stroke scooter (modified for off road use)recently died and was directed to a nearby skip after removing any tell tale owneship signs.
The kids can handle these wee bikes with auto clutch, and a lot of safe family fun had with them.

The CT 110's with the two ratio box look the bees knees so keeping an eye out for one.
Good site i found ...
http://ct110.net/

xwhatsit
18th May 2009, 22:36
I know a guy with a couple of good-condition original CT90s if people are interested. He lives on the Shore, he's got heaps of different Cub-likes, restores them up... SS50s, CT90s, Dax/Monkey, even a Super Cub or two. I've bought a few bits and bobs off him while I've been doing up my Super Cub.

He said he was interested in offloading a CT90 or two, had a new project on the way. Might've been a C200 or similar? If people are serious, PM me and I'll forward on his details.

Voltaire
18th May 2009, 22:39
like Ducati riders I guess, except their electrics are more reliable. :devil2:

Yeah the electrics are rubbish...I had to replace the 28 year old voltage regulator and coils on mine .. Nippon Denso....Italian junk....the crappy Italian Bosch ignition and headlight will probably be next.
Oh lordy why didn't they use quality Lucas parts....:devil2:

allycatz
5th August 2009, 15:36
If anyone wants an owners manual for CB 100, 125J, 125s &SL125 for 1970,s on, I found one in all my many boxes of books today, probably some random buy at a book fair lol!....pm me if anyone wants it