PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for your old helmet

klingon
9th April 2009, 21:57
Do you have an old helmet in the back of the cupboard? It's no use as safety gear any more so why not get creative?

http://www.seyvet.com/foto/27854/

fire eyes
9th April 2009, 22:09
OMG gurl .. that so rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thani-B
9th April 2009, 22:12
Those are kind of creepy.

wbks
9th April 2009, 22:13
I'm planning to assemble a row of wire mannicans to hold up all my old gear along the wall... Sort of like knights (the look I'm going for) anyway, so I hope it works.

Genestho
9th April 2009, 22:16
Heck, thats different..

I do feel inspired, but not sure about those trekkie looking things...they're a bit scary...:eek:

Tink
9th April 2009, 22:28
Not sure if that would give my kids nightmares... or send them out on Halloween to frighten people..

SMOKEU
9th April 2009, 23:56
Just throw it in the air and shoot it with a shotgun. Problem solved.

u4ea
10th April 2009, 00:23
Gah...that resembles my morning look.........:chase:.....have a stack what are only good for legal requirement. ..........:stupid:was saving them for next helmet toss but that puts out a whole new light on helmet throwing games:devil2:

Tank
10th April 2009, 00:26
They look like my mother in law

Mikkel
10th April 2009, 00:30
...tequila slammers. Really!

They look like my mother in law

Lawless maybe :cool:

Tank
10th April 2009, 00:34
Lawless maybe :cool:

hang about - I have a 'thing' for Lucy - dont go mentioning her at the same time as my monster in law.

Mikkel
10th April 2009, 00:39
hang about - I have a 'thing' for Lucy - dont go mentioning her at the same time as my monster in law.

I'm always curious, given that our ladies-of-choice are related to our mothers-in-law there had got to be some sort of connection (less is more I suppose) but still...

...is your mother in law really called Lucy? If so she is indeed a truly paraxoial example of desirability.

Tank
10th April 2009, 01:40
...is your mother in law really called Lucy?

I cant remember. Its been so many years since I called her anything other than "the soul sucking bitch"

Conquiztador
10th April 2009, 02:04
Do you have an old helmet in the back of the cupboard? It's no use as safety gear any more so why not get creative?

The one I had hangin upside down in the garage was put to good use. By a mouse family...

But looking at those helmets. I would ride in one!

davebullet
10th April 2009, 12:14
I've used an old one camping as a portable potty... oh wait, damn it, took the wrong helmet!

peasea
10th April 2009, 12:53

I keep my old 'helmet' in my pants and there's no way ANYONE is going to do THAT to it.

Unless I'm dead of course, then it's open season.

Ixion
10th April 2009, 15:44
I have only been rding forty some years, and a good aprt of that we didn't use helmets. So I haven't gotten to the stage of having any old unused ones yet.

I have a white helmet, and a black adventure helmet, both of which I use. I have my old FFM Mach I , still in use as a spare/pillion lid. And my old green Jet helmet, from the days before full face helmets were invented, which I now use on the pushbike.

Prior to that I had a red helmet, which I sold with a bike (back when they weren't legally required), a grey helmet which some idiot stole when I left it (and the bike) by a trail. Which was pretty stupid cos the back of it was all buggered where it hit a rock. And my original Corker SkidLid which I also gave away with a scooter I sold back in the mid 60s sometime.

But if I hang around long enough to actually have a "retired' helmet I'll bear the idea in mind.

musicman
10th April 2009, 16:02
Those look cool, but why only with an old, retired helmet? Why not do that to a normal helmet? I would imagine nobody will pull out in front of someone wearing one of those!