PDA

View Full Version : Qmoto SPS Gloves

MaxCannon
10th April 2009, 12:23
Quasi's gear is well known around here for being quality kit at a reasonable price.
I've had my SPS gloves for about 6 weeks now and I thought it was time for a mini review.

I was inpspired to buy them after reading about Casey Stoners broken scapoid bone. He said it hurt like hell and was taking ages to heal.
The scapoid is a small bone in the wrist. Apparantly easily broken when you come off your bike and instinctivly put your hands out in front of you.

Quasi's SPS gloves are well made with tidy stiching and tons of protection over the knuckles and on the end of the fingers.
There is venting which is good when on the move. When you are stopped on a really hot day they can be a touch warm.

The real difference maker is the Knox SPS armour on the underside.
When you first put the gloves on you'd think the armour sliders would get in the way.
But once you grab the bars for the first time you realise that part of your hand doesn't touch the grips (unless you have a really funny way of holding on).

Likes > Great VFM, More Armour than Robocop, Snazy White and Black finish

Dislikes > Bit hard to get on and off in a hurry as there is not 1, not 2, but three velcro fastners round the wrist.
Were initially a little stiff. Required about 3 rides for them to loosen up a touch.

Overall - Highly recommended.

Now if Quasi would put SPS armour on a set of Winter gloves I'd be on them like white on rice. My winter mitts are worn out and cold wet winter days are probably the most likely time that I'll shake hands with the road.

Quasievil
10th April 2009, 12:36
Quasi's gear is well known around here for being quality kit at a reasonable price.
I've had my SPS gloves for about 6 weeks now and I thought it was time for a mini review.

I was inpspired to buy them after reading about Casey Stoners broken scapoid bone. He said it hurt like hell and was taking ages to heal.
The scapoid is a small bone in the wrist. Apparantly easily broken when you come off your bike and instinctivly put your hands out in front of you.

Quasi's SPS gloves are well made with tidy stiching and tons of protection over the knuckles and on the end of the fingers.
There is venting which is good when on the move. When you are stopped on a really hot day they can be a touch warm.

The real difference maker is the Knox SPS armour on the underside.
When you first put the gloves on you'd think the armour sliders would get in the way.
But once you grab the bars for the first time you realise that part of your hand doesn't touch the grips (unless you have a really funny way of holding on).

Likes > Great VFM, More Armour than Robocop, Snazy White and Black finish

Dislikes > Bit hard to get on and off in a hurry as there is not 1, not 2, but three velcro fastners round the wrist.
Were initially a little stiff. Required about 3 rides for them to loosen up a touch.

Overall - Highly recommended.

Now if Quasi would put SPS armour on a set of Winter gloves I'd be on them like white on rice. My winter mitts are worn out and cold wet winter days are probably the most likely time that I'll shake hands with the road.

hi Dude, thanks for that review, if I can discuss the dislikes

yes three velcro fasteners, they are there for a few reasons, the wrist one is the safety strap, this stops the glove coming off your hand in a crash situation and keeps the glove where it should be.
The other two are gauntlet closures, these are so the glove can be wrapped around the wrist nice and tight eliminating draft and enabling the glove to be worn inside the jacket as well as outside but with a firm fit, as opposed to a flappy gauntlet letting wind in.

Re the winter gloves, yes we are giving that one some serious thought mate, stay tuned on that one.

cheers for the review and thanks for the feedback we appreciate it heaps

caseye
10th April 2009, 17:26
Waiting till those winter ones come, don't be long guys the old ones are pretty much worn out and theres two pair to get now, silly me buying a bike for the wife.

Kickaha
10th April 2009, 18:38
My only complaint about the SPS gloves is the bastard ran out of them :lol:

robertydog
10th April 2009, 18:45
I got a pair and i thought the were well made. Nice to wear. The velcro is a bit of getting use to. But im aware of the reasons.

Dooly
10th April 2009, 19:28
My only complaint about the SPS gloves is the bastard ran out of them :lol:

Yeah, my complaint too!:niceone:

Quasievil
10th April 2009, 19:31
lol sorry bout that eh, got some more coming in two weeks
I had to add another 20 pairs yesterday as well. it all started going stupid once we made the price $129 from $189........maybe I should put the price back up to slow the market down a bit eh ??:rolleyes:

MaxCannon
10th April 2009, 21:04
RE - the velco. It wasn't really a gripe. Quite handy since I wear them with my textile and leather jackets which have different thickness at the cuffs.

Only time it's a problem is when I'm in a rush and trying to get dressed / eat breakfast / open the gate etc.

Quasievil
10th April 2009, 22:14
RE - the velco. It wasn't really a gripe. Quite handy since I wear them with my textile and leather jackets which have different thickness at the cuffs.

Only time it's a problem is when I'm in a rush and trying to get dressed / eat breakfast / open the gate etc.

Yeah mate I understanded that, same trying to get the bike to the starting grid when ya late !

Gremlin
11th April 2009, 00:52
Are they gonna come in plain black at some point?

Quasievil
11th April 2009, 08:02

We Already have them in plain black mate, some sizes outta stock for a week but we have some here

carver
11th April 2009, 13:21
got any pics?

Swoop
12th April 2009, 14:27
Get in fast and you have the choice. "Black" is the the new black.

I like the glubs. Soft, and instantly moulded to the shape of the hands.:woohoo:

chester
25th April 2009, 22:11
waitin for the winter version.......... :innocent:

Gremlin
26th April 2009, 00:33
Get in fast and you have the choice. "Black" is the the new black.

I like the glubs. Soft, and instantly moulded to the shape of the hands.:woohoo:
Yep, got my pair now... haven't worn them much yet, but flash looking. Then I had a look at the old winter stock, and scored a nice pair for $70. Winter warmth and waterproofness, but still with a bit of armour.

Quaz says no winter version with knox armour, will take too long to get sorted.

MaxCannon
28th April 2009, 21:35
Quaz says no winter version with knox armour, will take too long to get sorted.

Boooo :( might just have to get some plain ones. Or heated grips

chasio
11th May 2009, 22:24
Has anyone ridden with these in the rain? I'm wondering if they'll manage for 30 minutes of light stuff or if the vents mean it's instant cold and wet time...?

Quasievil
12th May 2009, 07:58
Has anyone ridden with these in the rain? I'm wondering if they'll manage for 30 minutes of light stuff or if the vents mean it's instant cold and wet time...?

Instant cold and wet time my man, they have vents in the fingers so rule of thumb where air goes water goes..............sorry

We have ordered the new QMOTO leather winter glove with SPS in them so stay tuned for about two weeks until they get here ok

MaxCannon
12th May 2009, 13:41
new QMOTO leather winter glove with SPS in them

Sweet - Just in time.
:cold:

chasio
12th May 2009, 18:56
Instant cold and wet time my man, they have vents in the fingers so rule of thumb where air goes water goes..............sorry

We have ordered the new QMOTO leather winter glove with SPS in them so stay tuned for about two weeks until they get here ok

Sweet. I'll be in for a pair if they're not too bulky :)

aewilliam
24th May 2009, 11:28
Good to see the cinch strap on the back of the mitts now...stops stuff from happening to the linings of the glove :(

Hurry on the winter ones! :bleh:

What are the plans for these? Cordura + leather? Leather + Goretex? Do they plug in to a cigarette lighter to keep them warm for riding, and maybe even to self-dry?! :eek:

carver
24th May 2009, 14:23
Good to see the cinch strap on the back of the mitts now...stops stuff from happening to the linings of the glove :(

Hurry on the winter ones! :bleh:

What are the plans for these? Cordura + leather? Leather + Goretex? Do they plug in to a cigarette lighter to keep them warm for riding, and maybe even to self-dry?! :eek:

no, the solar panel on the top powers the heaters

firefighter
24th May 2009, 14:40
Re the winter gloves, yes we are giving that one some serious thought mate, stay tuned on that one.

I'm in the same boat, would be great if you could put them on the winter gloves......I wear summer gloves and just deal with it (hot grips are my friend)

I'd buy some if you made them like that put it that way......

Peter Smith
29th May 2009, 14:11
I got a set of SPS gloves and they fitted perfectly.
Raced with them at Taupo in the Vic winter series Rd1 and have nothing but praise for them.
I didn't crash test them but I'm confident they would do their job well.
Top gloves.:Punk:

Quasievil
29th May 2009, 14:38
I got a set of SPS gloves and they fitted perfectly.
Raced with them at Taupo in the Vic winter series Rd1 and had nothing but praise for them.
I didn't crash test them but I'm confident they would do their job well.
Top gloves.:Punk:

Cheers Peter thanks for the feedback mate :Punk:

obstacle
8th June 2009, 18:07
Are the winter gloves in yet Bret? I'm keen as for a pair asap.

That said, I'm still wearing the quasi cordura/leather winter gloves I've had for 3 winters daily. I have to congratulate you for great quality gear again.

Quasievil
8th June 2009, 18:20
Are the winter gloves in yet Bret? I'm keen as for a pair asap.

That said, I'm still wearing the quasi cordura/leather winter gloves I've had for 3 winters daily. I have to congratulate you for great quality gear again.

Hi thanks for that, I still got mine to, sadly the new sps winter gloves are not in yet, but we hope to have them soon

cheers

carver
8th June 2009, 19:03
Hi thanks for that, I still got mine to, sadly the new sps winter gloves are not in yet, but we hope to have them soon

cheers

so how much are the summer ones?
i just realized i missed your sale in the weekend

LaytonNZ
21st June 2009, 17:13
I had a reacent accident and i broke that bone, Painful and takeing for ever to heal..It gets set off easily now. Iv'e been looking for a decent pair of gloves to save my hands.

chrispy121
21st June 2009, 20:33
so are these $129?
do you have stock in black yet?

I am 8 1/2inch around my knuckles but I like them snug

pm me quasi for details so I can order some

Quasievil
22nd June 2009, 08:08
so are these $129?
do you have stock in black yet?

I am 8 1/2inch around my knuckles but I like them snug

pm me quasi for details so I can order some