PDA

View Full Version : Funny how you get a lecture in morals when all you wanted was an answer...

Conquiztador
10th April 2009, 20:01
What is it with people? You ask a simple question and they give you a lecture in morals. Is this place really that filled with righteous people who know what is right and what is wrong, who have a grip of the bigger picture, who make their living from preaching?

I am 53 and I have kids telling me what is right and what is wrong...

Luckily I can take it for what it is. Missplaced crap.

fire eyes
10th April 2009, 20:08
no preacher mate .. was just offering some suggestions in that thread ..

dipshit
10th April 2009, 20:22

Like this thread. What the fuck are you talking about?

98tls
10th April 2009, 20:24
What is it with people? You ask a simple question and they give you a lecture in morals. Is this place really that filled with righteous people who know what is right and what is wrong, who have a grip of the bigger picture, who make their living from preaching?

Luckily I can take it for what it is. Missplaced crap. Was going to reply then remembering my own indiscretion thought :spanking:shuddup.

Conquiztador
10th April 2009, 20:38
no preacher mate .. was just offering some suggestions in that thread ..

All well. You almost stayed on the subject.

Many threads. Someone asks a question and the replies are about what is right and wrong not about answering the question (And yep, I am sure I have done that too even if I try not to)

Was going to reply then remembering my own indiscretion thought :spanking:shuddup.

Water under the bridge.

fire eyes
10th April 2009, 20:41
All well. You almost stayed on the subject

trying .....

98tls
10th April 2009, 20:43

Many threads. Someone asks a question and the replies are about what is right and wrong not about answering the question (And yep, I am sure I have done that too even if I try not to)

Water under the bridge. Yea yea for sure,guess the problem is its the net eh,i spend most of my puter time on a bike specific forum and theres a huge difference in attitudes re any topic,no shit at all which is odd as the members are from all over the world.

zeocen
10th April 2009, 20:47
It's a bit hard to take certain personalities on KB seriously in regards to answering questions when stuff like this:

Hey you lot, just got my gun license, any reccomendations on what specific guns to go for... looking at hunting not just target shooting...

Needs to be able to kill deer etc.

Cheers: Skid.

---

Its um in the mail.... honest...

twas a TROLL...:devil2:

..happens more often than not.

So, more often than not, I'd suspect giving out actual helpful resources is quite reserved in a place for ranting and raving.

FJRider
10th April 2009, 23:27

simple questions seldom have a simple answer... :beer:

Is this place really filled... you've been round here long enough to know... <_<

at 53... everybody is a kid... :devil2:

jrandom
10th April 2009, 23:30
You didn't answer my question about why he can't just sell his car, y'know.

FJRider
10th April 2009, 23:38

he was wanting answers not questions...

FJRider
10th April 2009, 23:52
You didn't answer my question about why he can't just sell his car, y'know.

Why do I get the feeling that it will not be worth 8 grand... and maybe not even the price of a years rego...

FJRider
10th April 2009, 23:55
It's a bit hard to take certain personalities on KB seriously in regards to answering questions when stuff like this:

understatement...

dipshit
10th April 2009, 23:56
he was wanting answers not questions...

Answers to what..???

98tls
11th April 2009, 00:06
Answers to what..??? Stab in the dark here........his question.:sleep:

FJRider
11th April 2009, 00:08
Answers to what..???

Simple answers to simple questions... not a lecture on morals...

I think he forgets this is difficult to get... on KB

Laxi
11th April 2009, 00:10
Stab in the dark here.........:sleep:

I know a few people who could do with 1 of these

Tink
11th April 2009, 00:56
conq hun... you know it... !!! :)

Mully
11th April 2009, 00:57
Hey, I offered a perfectly cromulent solution.

FJRider
11th April 2009, 01:22

She gave solutions to a problem of your mate. Ones you would know your mate would have little interest/ability in implementing.... but sound advice none the less...

FJRider
11th April 2009, 01:28
Hey, I offered a perfectly cromulent solution.

Perhaps you pm him a list of your companions, their contact numbers, and their schedule of rates...

a win win situation all round...

CookMySock
11th April 2009, 06:49
Sometimes the support we get is not the support we thought we would get, but in the end, even though its tough love, it's still support and we move on.

Steve

LBD
11th April 2009, 06:56

You are 53 and you still need to be told????

dipshit
11th April 2009, 09:00
Simple answers to simple questions...

What question..???

Conquiztador
11th April 2009, 09:33
What question..???

I spell it out:

At times members come on here and as the KB community is wide (and has experience???) one asks a question re something that is important/buggin at the time.

Resently I have seen a chap asking re what MC club he could join. What he got was a tirade of how stupid he was to even consider that! (I was first thinking he was trolling, but then realised that he was serious) Sent him a PM with what I had to offer.

I have a mate who is considering funding a bike. He is not on KB, so I decided to ask where best to go. Many decided to inform that if he does not have the cash he should not have the right to become a bike owner!

But that is the norm on here. You find it in most cases when a KB member asks for advice. What he/she gets is moral judgements. And yep, I am sure I have done that too at times. Made me think when I was on the recieving end!

And thanks to the ones who have replied to me re finance options. I will take what I have learnt to him.

Patch
11th April 2009, 10:40
At 53, one perhaps would have thought that asking serious advice from a bunch of strangers with an internet connection would be foolhardy, given that every arsehole has an opinion, is full of wind and generally smells like shit.

Now would you like 50/50 or perhaps phone a friend, 'cause obviously this audience cannot be trusted.

Conquiztador
11th April 2009, 11:01
At 53, one perhaps would have thought that asking serious advice from a bunch of strangers with an internet connection would be foolhardy, given that every arsehole has an opinion, is full of wind and generally smells like shit.

Now would you like 50/50 or perhaps phone a friend, 'cause obviously this audience cannot be trusted.

U are breaking my heart! Here I was believing that I was in the company of friends, caring individuals who all had my best intentions at the forefront!

The waving when we meet, the KB Tshirts, badges, the brotherhood!

I now see that it was all an illusion. Once again my idealistic views of mankind has been cruelly demolished by the lack of passion for our neighbours.

There is nothing left but do what comes naturally. I will withdraw to my cave where I can sit alone comforting my self with my only trusted friend: Jack D. I will then at some stage once again venture out with the only thing I know is true: "Fuck it, I do it my self then!"

fire eyes
11th April 2009, 11:09
U are breaking my heart! Here I was believing that I was in the company of friends, caring individuals who all had my best intentions at the forefront!

The waving when we meet, the KB Tshirts, badges, the brotherhood!

I now see that it was all an illusion. Once again my idealistic views of mankind has been cruelly demolished by the lack of passion for our neighbours.

There is nothing left but do what comes naturally. I will withdraw to my cave where I can sit alone comforting my self with my only trusted friend: Jack D. I will then at some stage once again venture out with the only thing I know is true: "Fuck it, I do it my self then!"

Awww cmon .. wouldn't it better to focus on the information that is actually helpful as opposed to the shit that doesn't? We all get some kind of flack from other kber's in one way or another .. taking it personally just gives it momentum ... just pretend your a sieve!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(and yes there are probably spelling mistakes and grammatical incorrectness in my post but to those who want to critique all my mistakes fk off! see con .. its as easy as that :Punk:)

FJRider
11th April 2009, 12:35

Serious advice is easy to ask for, serious answers are not just as easy to see. Many a true word said in jest... if all answers are taken on board and the obvious impractical, and bullshit sieved out ... Some may take a bit of alteration to implement...(a bit of thought to) ... but we may be supprised what can be achieved from simple basic advice.

Regardless where... or from whom it is given.

Tank
12th April 2009, 09:35
Sometimes the support we get is not the support we thought we would get, but in the end, even though its tough love, it's still support and we move on.

Steve

Remember that DB - I'm not getting at ya big guy - its just a little "tough lovin"

Hitcher
13th April 2009, 17:21
Has the Wahhhmbulance arrived yet?