PDA

View Full Version : Illumiglow Gauges

Blackbird
9th March 2005, 20:31
A fellow Blackbird owner has been honeymooning over here from the UK and has given me a cool present. I normally wouldn't have taken any notice of something like this but they are absolutely excellent! :2thumbsup

They are instrument faces which slip over the existing ones and have a power source so that they light up internally when the headlight is on. A switch controls brightness and colour.

I've just finished the installation job and it took me two evenings, mainly because I was being super careful so that I didn't stuff up the installation. According to the box, they are available for quite a range of bikes and the tacho carries the logo of the specific model. They also come in inverse where the faceplate is black and the numbers and graduations light up.

Does anyone else have experience with them? Can't wait to try them out. Lots of tutting and rolling of eyes from my wife though :whocares:

Geoff

DarkNinja
9th March 2005, 20:36
Those look lreaking AWESOME!! :2thumbsup
I wish i had a cool bike to put them on lol

Blakamin
9th March 2005, 20:40
coool... provided they dont annoy you at night....
mine has white faces and they can be a bit of a bitch at night when they're all lit up...
I'd like to hear what ya think when you've done some k's...
take much to install?? (pull speedo apart, needle off etc...)

Waylander
9th March 2005, 20:43
coool... provided they dont annoy you at night....
mine has white faces and they can be a bit of a bitch at night when they're all lit up...
I'd like to hear what ya think when you've done some k's...
take much to install?? (pull speedo apart, needle off etc...)
Was just thinkin the same thing mate. Have just regular light bulbs behinf mine and they are just barley within tollorence. Maybe if they were a kind of mid to dark blue or something instead of florescent green or the white ones like blakamin's.

Skunk
9th March 2005, 20:44
Looks good.
1:58am! seesh! No wonder the eyes were rolling.

Blackbird
9th March 2005, 20:47
Yep, will give them a try tomorrow night. As I said, there's a brightness control and I can also flip a switch and turn them to pale green. Should keep me amused for hours! They will be on display at the Toy Run :spudwave:

Thanks Skunk for spotting the clock - I'm off to set it to the proper time, haha!

Blakamin - they weren't hard to install, just be careful and watch out for traps - I had to take the instrument console apart again over one thing I missed.

John
9th March 2005, 20:51
God your so lucky, I had a set ordered in for my ZZR but well you know - no use on a dead bike.

They are awsome man - love it to much bet all the boy racers are jealous :wari:

justsomeguy
9th March 2005, 21:07
God your so lucky, I had a set ordered in for my ZZR but well you know - no use on a dead bike.

They are awsome man - love it to much bet all the boy racers are jealous :wari:

Really? How much? You still have them?

bugjuice
9th March 2005, 21:12
very cool..

John
9th March 2005, 21:22
Really? How much? You still have them?
Sorry I just told em (some asian importer guy my mate knows) to sell them on (think he said 150$), I will try have alook for you though if you want and see what I could find!

justsomeguy
9th March 2005, 21:27
Ooohhh nooo!!!!

Butt tanks fer luukin

thehollowmen
10th March 2005, 07:28
I've seen them on cars before, never on a bike
they look awesome! Good score!

I really wanted the ones that lit up blue with red and orange flames ... they look good in a cage ... can we find some for a bike?

bear
10th March 2005, 07:48
Looks good, and could be useful for older bikes where the gauges are not not that visible.
Nice function being able to change colour too.