PDA

View Full Version : zx6rr won't rev out?

aff-man
12th April 2009, 19:33
As title states.
Near the top of 5th and nowhere near the top of 6th just stops going..

Had incorrect fairing on it so allthough the air intake was not blocked in any manner the hole for the air coming in and the hole in the fairing did not quite line up.
Has full leo vince system and kawasaki race computer.

Would the mismatched air intake cause such a problem?? (wouldn't have though so) or may it be something a little more sinister? Just want to see if it's happened to anyone else before I start taking stuff apart.

Oh yeh and it revs up fine in 1st through 4th...

(thought it may have been a speed cap but that is highly unlikely)

98tls
12th April 2009, 19:41
Would be thinking the ECU if mine.

aff-man
12th April 2009, 19:43
Would be thinking the ECU if mine.

Yeh thought about that but apparently its been tuned and everything hence the race computer... doubt it would have a restriction on it...it over fuels in the lower revs and goes like rocket over 11 so I know its still on "race mode"

Where would one go to check though?

I can sort out power commanders and stuff easy enough but never encountered a proper race ecu?

98tls
12th April 2009, 19:49
Yeh thought about that but apparently its been tuned and everything hence the race computer... doubt it would have a restriction on it...it over fuels in the lower revs and goes like rocket over 11 so I know its still on "race mode"

Where would one go to check though?

I can sort out power commanders and stuff easy enough but never encountered a proper race ecu?
Yea you got me there mate,ive just played around a bit with my Yosh box on the TL,there was a guy on here advertising his services the other day but buggered if i can remember who he was,clicked on the link to his business and he seemed to know his stuff,will have a look and get back to you.Edit.........maybe this guy can help.http://www.triplezeecycles.co.nz/

cowpoos
12th April 2009, 19:56
As title states.
Near the top of 5th and nowhere near the top of 6th just stops going..

Had incorrect fairing on it so allthough the air intake was not blocked in any manner the hole for the air coming in and the hole in the fairing did not quite line up.
Has full leo vince system and kawasaki race computer.

Would the mismatched air intake cause such a problem?? (wouldn't have though so) or may it be something a little more sinister? Just want to see if it's happened to anyone else before I start taking stuff apart.

Oh yeh and it revs up fine in 1st through 4th...

(thought it may have been a speed cap but that is highly unlikely)
there a sensor in the airbox??

aff-man
12th April 2009, 21:27
there a sensor in the airbox??

possibly... that would explain it probably... insufficient air pressure so it stops fuelling and therefore stops accelerating...

I hope thats all it is cause the correct fairing would fix that.

Cheers for the advice guys will put the road fairing back on and see if it does the same if so will contact that guy.

98tls
12th April 2009, 21:31
Post up the fault when you get it sorted eh.