PDA

View Full Version : Thenx, Wullungtn!

vifferman
12th April 2009, 20:38
The vifferbabe and I just had a fantabulous two days in the lovely, sunny, beautiful Wullungtn City! :niceone:

Oh - and here's the motorcycle content: we stayed at the Museum Hotel (http://www.museumhotel.co.nz/), ogled the fabulous MV Agustas in the lobby, then wandered across the road to Te Papa and ogled the fabulous Britten while queuing for the Monet exhibition.

Fantastic! :2thumbsup

Paul in NZ
12th April 2009, 21:14
Silly bugger. We coulda put ya up??? Shown ya the sights and let you get us drunk....

vifferman
13th April 2009, 10:07
Silly bugger. We coulda put ya up??? Shown ya the sights and let you get us drunk....
Yeah, well... thanks for the offer - I would've really liked to have looked up some Wellingtonites, but it was just a quickish visit for the vifferbabe's benefit. We were originally booked to go to Adelaide, but I fucked my back, the vifferbabe got a head cold, and we didn't fancy four hours each way plus all the airport palaver. This was such a pleasant wee trip I've no doubts we'll be repeating the exercise. Especially if yous fullas can turn on such FANTASTIC weather again!

Anyway, here's some documentary proof of the trip.
The fantabulous weather:
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h32/enzed_viffer/Wgtn.jpg

Hot Rod show at the waterfront:
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h32/enzed_viffer/HotRodShow.jpg

Classy Decorations in the Museum Hotel lobby:
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h32/enzed_viffer/MVsmall.jpg

Dooly
13th April 2009, 10:16
I like Welly to visit.
We're going down this Friday, staying at the Chancellor James Cook till Sunday.
Chance to get away from things and take a break.

Oh, just by chance I need some Duc parts, best stop at Motomart.:lol:

Ms Piggy
13th April 2009, 11:16
Shown ya the sights and let you get us drunk....

Ditto! The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Beemer
13th April 2009, 11:38
Wish we'd known you were there - we took the Corvette down with the local car club to visit the hot rod show - see you had a photo of some of the cars out in front of the event venue. Here are some photos from it: http://www.hotrod.org.nz/Event_Details_Pages/National_Show_2009/April_09_NationalHotRodShow.htm (not my photos).

The weather this Easter has been fantastic - Levin had the balloon festival and last night Wellington got to see the night glow too. Most unusual to have a glorious weekend at Easter!

Dooly
13th April 2009, 12:17
Hey Viffer, what was the Monet exhibition like?

vifferman
13th April 2009, 12:26
Hey Viffer, what was the Monet exhibition like?
Seriously?
The vifferbabe loved it, but frankly I thought it was a waste of time. No, I'm not a philistine - I really like art. I just found the national Quilter's Convention displays I tagged along to with v. more enjoyable.
I've spent hours this morning looking at Monet on-line, and think we got gipped. Monet painted bazillions of pictures, and apart from a couple, most of those shown at Te Papa didn't appeal to me. So, we queued for over half an hour, and paid $30 for what was a bit of a let down.
Still, the vifferbabe had a fantastic weekend, and is very happy, and that's what counts. :niceone:

I'll have to visit Wgtn again sometime - flying down was great (cheap, quick, no fuss), but maybe next time we'll go on the VFR.

Dooly
13th April 2009, 12:46
Seriously?
The vifferbabe loved it, but frankly I thought it was a waste of time. No, I'm not a philistine - I really like art. I just found the national Quilter's Convention displays I tagged along to with v. more enjoyable.
I've spent hours this morning looking at Monet on-line, and think we got gipped. Monet painted bazillions of pictures, and apart from a couple, most of those shown at Te Papa didn't appeal to me. So, we queued for over half an hour, and paid $30 for what was a bit of a let down.
Still, the vifferbabe had a fantastic weekend, and is very happy, and that's what counts. :niceone:

I'll have to visit Wgtn again sometime - flying down was great (cheap, quick, no fuss), but maybe next time we'll go on the VFR.

Was thinking about taking a gander at it, as did study all the great painters in years gone by.
Am partial to a wee bit of culture.
But that does'nt sound too good, and I'm not good in queues, so I guess its to the bike shops and bars huh!!!:wari:

Ocean1
13th April 2009, 14:34
Disappointed Ian, next time at least afford us an hour or so at the bar eh?

and let you get us drunk....

Oh I think we coulda done better than that in this case. I've got a bottle of antique Blue Nun lurking out in the shed somewhere I've been saving for just such an occasion.

vifferman
13th April 2009, 18:39
Disappointed Ian, next time at least afford us an hour or so at the bar eh?

:o
The weekend was basically for the vifferbabe's benefit, and I thought she'd have been pissed off if I suggested we hook up with some seemingly random people she'd never heard of, from Interdweebland.
Sorry, Mark'n'Paul'n'Jim'n'Tomdickandharry - will definitely let you know next time so you can find some excuse to be somewhere else...

I've got a bottle of antique Blue Nun lurking out in the shed somewhere I've been saving for just such an occasion.
Surely a piece of 4x2 would work just as well as a makeshift club for a makeshift miscreant? :confused: