PDA

View Full Version : Just found out how to turn off my indicators

sil3nt
12th April 2009, 21:06
Well this is embarrassing but apparently you just need to push the indicator button in to turn them off :gob: And heres me riding down the road indicators going left and right until i manage to turn them off :bash:

How did i learn of this magical feature? http://forums.ninja250.org/viewtopic.php?p=744457#744457

Apparently its a common problem for ninja 250 owners :Oops:

I dont know why i did not figure this out earlier as it was my first complaint about the bike and im sure i had read about this well before i started riding but had obviously forgotten :sweatdrop

Feel free to laugh i just hope i can save someone the embarassment if they read this :yes:

McJim
12th April 2009, 21:09
Strange forum that - I couldn't read any of the replies.

Chooky
12th April 2009, 21:10
Well this is embarrassing but apparently you just need to push the indicator button in to turn them off

Well done...........:yes:

sil3nt
12th April 2009, 21:13
Strange forum that - I couldn't read any of the replies.yeah you need to be logged in to view the posts like you do here otherwise you have to click the title of each individual post which is really annoying.

tri boy
12th April 2009, 21:14
Wait till you ride a BMW.
Its system will do your head in.:angry2:

98tls
12th April 2009, 21:15
:gob:Whats this indicators thing you speak of?

McJim
12th April 2009, 21:28

It's yer middle digit. When you indicate that you didn't appreciate that car/truck/scooter cutting you up at the roundabout. :rofl:

YellowDog
12th April 2009, 21:33
Well this is embarrassing but apparently you just need to push the indicator button in to turn them off :gob: And heres me riding down the road indicators going left and right until i manage to turn them off :bash:

How did i learn of this magical feature? http://forums.ninja250.org/viewtopic.php?p=744457#744457

I dont know why i did not figure this out earlier as it was my first complaint about the bike and im sure i had read about this well before i started riding but had obviously forgotten :sweatdrop

Feel free to laugh i just hope i can save someone the embarassment if they read this :yes:
Yes but you only need right indicator!

If you use the left one some wanker keeps pulling infront of you. A danger best avoided :)

scumdog
12th April 2009, 21:35

Iff'n ya had a Harley ya wouldn't have that problem.

McJim
12th April 2009, 21:36

Why? D'ye just stick the appropriate arm out? :rofl:

98tls
12th April 2009, 21:37
Why? D'ye just stick the appropriate arm out? :rofl: Fuck no that could be considered a wave:angry2:

McJim
12th April 2009, 21:39
Fuck no that could be considered a wave:angry2:
Which often behaves very like a particle :Pokey:

sil3nt
12th April 2009, 21:39
Iff'n ya had a Harley ya wouldn't have that problem.yeah but thats because i would have the more serious problem of not being able to go around corners :bleh:

Virago
12th April 2009, 21:40

...Or a crusty old Yamaha cruiser with self-cancelling indicators...:wari:

scumdog
12th April 2009, 21:43
yeah but thats because i would have the more serious problem of not being able to go around corners :bleh:

Ah, so, yer a noob.
The problem is going around a corner without scraping too much..which is part of the attraction of riding a HD.

Subike
12th April 2009, 21:44
jeeze even my trusty rusty 30 year old has self canceling indicators.

98tls
12th April 2009, 21:44
yeah but thats because i would have the more serious problem of not being able to go around corners :bleh: Whoa there Trigger lets be havin you on a bike that can do the speed limit before theres any dissing Harleys n corners.:eek5:

sil3nt
12th April 2009, 21:50
Hey come on my little old ninja is good for 140 :bleh:

Obviously not being able to get a Harley around a corner is due to my riding abilites :innocent: Wouldn't dare make fun of those flickable beasts :sweatdrop

scumdog
12th April 2009, 21:53
...Or a crusty old Yamaha cruiser with self-cancelling indicators...:wari:

Frikkin short-arsed show-off...:shutup:

Slyer
You must have the new switch block for some reason, my '88 didn't have a push in indicator switch till I got a new set from an '07.
It was a slider, slide to the middle means cancel.

And only 140? Mine has done 160+

98tls
Hey come on my little old ninja is good for 140 :bleh:

Obviously not being able to get a Harley around a corner is due to my riding abilites :innocent: Wouldn't dare make fun of those flickable beats :sweatdrop More true than you think mate,theres plenty out there that get along just fine through the good bits,you dont hear to much about it on here though.Theres a you tube vid of a guy on a goldwing carving up Deals gap faster than most would on a ......well on pretty much anything.Edit.....found it,http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1478578/goldwing_in_deals_gap/

FJRider
12th April 2009, 21:56

I know what and where they are, and how they work.... but where I'm going is a secret. NOBODY must know where I'm going... :whocares:

sil3nt
12th April 2009, 22:01
You must have the new switch block for some reason, my '88 didn't have a push in indicator switch till I got a new set from an '07.
It was a slider, slide to the middle means cancel.

And only 140? Mine has done 160+My balls and road ran out at 140 :eek5: I doubt mine could do much better it got to 140 and didn't really want to do much more

My bike is stock as far as i can tell. You can see it here http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=124897&d=1238633869 i probably didn't explain it properly.

scumdog
12th April 2009, 22:07
Me, 98TLS and FJ rider could teach you a lot.

But do you WANT to know???

Insanity_rules
12th April 2009, 22:07
:rofl: You noobs are alright!

More true than you think mate,theres plenty out there that get along just fine through the good bits,you dont hear to much about it on here though.Theres a you tube vid of a guy on a goldwing carving up Deals gap faster than most would on a ......well on pretty much anything.Edit.....found it,http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1478578/goldwing_in_deals_gap/

That is insane! Its that guys world we just live in it.

scumdog
12th April 2009, 22:08

alright WHAT???

Insanity_rules
12th April 2009, 22:14
alright WHAT???

Alright because they admit to stuff like that. Sil3ntwar you just gave me the best laugh in ages. Wasn't calling the rest of you noobs. In fact yourself, FJ and 98TLS are venerable stalwarts and usual co-conspiritors.

98tls
12th April 2009, 22:26

That is insane! Its that guys world we just live in it. Just a guy with riding ability,same ole story what you ride means jack shite in the real world really.Theres plenty out there that ride well but on the interweb people are not going to post up "just got owned by a guy on a Goldwing/Harley/a bike older than mine/a bike smaller than mine/had tassles/didnt wave/wasnt wearing saftey gear/had the wrong height bars/older leathers than mine/different colored leathers than mine/a bike not made in Italy and didnt cost $30000 plus"

Insanity_rules
12th April 2009, 22:32
Just a guy with riding ability,same ole story what you ride means jack shite in the real world really.Theres plenty out there that ride well but on the interweb people are not going to post up "just got owned by a guy on a Goldwing/Harley/a bike older than mine/a bike smaller than mine/had tassles/didnt wave/wasnt wearing saftey gear/had the wrong height bars/older leathers than mine/different colored leathers than mine/a bike not made in Italy and didnt cost $30000 plus"

Fair call but to even try tossing round something like that takes some big brass ones. Have you ever ridden one? I have.

98tls
12th April 2009, 22:37
Fair call but to even try tossing round something like that takes some big brass ones. Have you ever ridden one? I have. Yea rode an older one many years ago.

FJRider
12th April 2009, 22:42
In fact yourself, FJ and 98TLS are venerable salwarts and usual co-conspiritors.

Thankyou... I think. (guys... what does them words mean ???)

McJim
12th April 2009, 22:47
Thankyou... I think. (guys... what does them words mean ???)

It means you're auld bastards. Salwart would be a compliment if it had another T in it - you'd be a stalwart - staunch and dependable. :rofl: Glad I'm still young and foolish!

98tls
12th April 2009, 22:49
Thankyou... I think. (guys... what does them words mean ???) Are salwarts different to genital warts?Had an ex that once mentioned the second is all.........maybe she meant sore warts.

Slyer
12th April 2009, 22:52
Heh, weird. Mine was an 88 US model though, so it says Ninja all over it rather than GPX.
I shall have to show you all once my restoration project is complete. ;)

Yes: That is a beach. :D

Ixion
12th April 2009, 22:52
Are salwarts different to genital warts?Had an ex that once mentioned the second is all.........maybe he meant sore warts.

Not a lot.

We may analyse the term 'salwart'

'sal' is Latin for salt. And we all know about warts

Semen, I'm told is salty.

So, logically therefore we may conclude that salwart is a polite way of initimating that you are a dick-splat from someone with an STI.

That doesn't sound very nice.

EDIT: Your ex was a 'he' ? Is there something you have not told us? Tricky thing , da England.

98tls
12th April 2009, 22:54
Not a lot.

So, logically therefore we may conclude that salwart is a polite way of initimating that you are a dick-splat from someone with an STI.

That doesn't sound very nice. Yep sounds about right,getting back to indicators,she wore ugg boots which should have indicated warts was a possibility.:angry:

98tls
12th April 2009, 22:56
Not a lot.

That doesn't sound very nice.

EDIT: Your ex was a 'he' ? Is there something you have not told us? Tricky thing , da England. Yea he,whats the problem?:innocent:na u got me,Wild Turkeys kicking in.Edit......worried enough to go back and change it lol.

McJim
12th April 2009, 23:07
Yea he,whats the problem?:innocent:na u got me,Wild Turkeys kicking in.Edit......worried enough to go back and change it lol.

Fag...10 chars :rofl:

98tls
12th April 2009, 23:10
Fag...10 chars :rofl: :angry2:Scotsman:gob:sorry mate that was uncalled for and i take it back ya just a cunt.:innocent:

McJim
12th April 2009, 23:14
:angry2:Scotsman:gob:sorry mate that was uncalled for and i take it back ya just a cunt.:innocent:

Ah well - you got me licked.

98tls
12th April 2009, 23:17
Ah well - you got me licked. ..................:thud:Bullshit twas to easy mate.

FJRider
12th April 2009, 23:27
Yep sounds about right,getting back to indicators,she wore ugg boots which should have indicated warts was a possibility.:angry:

Those possibilitys... as such.... are usually indicated by the company they keep...... :innocent:

98tls
12th April 2009, 23:34
Those possibilitys... as such.... are usually indicated by the company they keep...... :innocent: Her mate was a fatty,thought id made the right choice.:crybaby:

varminter
14th April 2009, 20:14
This isn't just hijacking a thread, this is flying the bloody thing to Cuba

FJRider
14th April 2009, 20:20
This isn't just hijacking a thread, this is flying the bloody thing to Cuba

Pass the CIGARS.... :wari:

varminter
14th April 2009, 20:22
Havana's ?

98tls
14th April 2009, 20:22
Threads dead.

varminter
14th April 2009, 20:23
Na, just coughing up blood.

sil3nt
14th April 2009, 20:26
Damn you thread pirates :argh:

98tls
14th April 2009, 20:30
Yea sorry mate,all indication pointed to it being over.

FJRider
14th April 2009, 22:43
was it something I said ... ???

sil3nt
14th April 2009, 23:23
doesn't matter fellas nothing needed discussing in this thread anyway :rockon: :wari: