PDA

View Full Version : BHS in a couple of weeks

Danae
16th April 2009, 13:04
Yay, In a couple of weeks I'll have enough money to sit my BHS! I'm gonna do the extra training beforehand as well just in case. Anyways, wouldn't mind having a quick go on someone's 250 before then. :eek:

My Dad's gonna sit it as well. XD

Slyer
16th April 2009, 13:45
You can ride the GN or mine if it's going.

Ragingrob
16th April 2009, 14:11
The hour and half of training beforehand should be easily more than enough, you've already got balance sorted enough from scootermobiling!

macros87
16th April 2009, 14:15
ohhh where are you gona do it? my friend knows of a place where you can maybe do it on your own scooter, which might help you feel more comfortable doing the test? want me to ask him about it? do you have your eye on any one bike for when you can ride one?

Danae
16th April 2009, 14:25
I'd rather sit the test on a bike, scooters are too easy. For my first bike my aunt is trying to influence me to get a Ninja, but I probably can't save up enough even for the cheapest ones on tradme no matter how much I want one.
Will probably get a GN, there are heaps of those for sale right now.
I'll probs end up just having a go on the GN at the fixits. >D

Slyer
16th April 2009, 15:49
Save the money first before deciding. ;)
We'll all start looking for good deals once you have the moolah

motorbyclist
16th April 2009, 16:25
not a GN!

my friend knows of a place where you can maybe do it on your own scooter, which might help you feel more comfortable doing the test?

doing it on a scooter without any gears would largely defeat the purpose of the test....

Slyer
16th April 2009, 16:28
Who cares?

motorbyclist
16th April 2009, 16:33
everyone who thinks new zealand drivers would benefit from some actual training, anyone who thinks that a test to prove that you can operate a machine should actually be on the machine you are to be licenced to operate, and anyone who agrees with being allowed to ride a scooter on a car licence but needing a bike licence for anything over 2.2KW

(machine being a MANUAL motorcycle, vastly different from a 50cc scooter)

Qkchk
16th April 2009, 16:38
The BHS test can be sat on a automatic scooter - however what makes the difference is the 'scooter' must be classed as a 'motorcycle' (hence needing a class 6). So anything manual or auto over the 2kW / 50cc mark up to 250cc is suitable to sit the BHS test on.

People get confused over the term 'scooter'. I would rather call a 50cc and below a 'moped'.

But why cheat yourself on a auto?

PirateJafa
16th April 2009, 16:40
everyone who thinks new zealand drivers would benefit from some actual training, anyone who thinks that a test to prove that you can operate a machine should actually be on the machine you are to be licenced to operate

So I can sit my full on my Hayabusa?

These westie testing stations are GREAT!

Danae
16th April 2009, 16:58
I'm definitely sitting it on a manual machine, gotta get used to the gears.

Slyer
16th April 2009, 17:08
everyone who thinks new zealand drivers would benefit from some actual training, anyone who thinks that a test to prove that you can operate a machine should actually be on the machine you are to be licenced to operate, and anyone who agrees with being allowed to ride a scooter on a car licence but needing a bike licence for anything over 2.2KW

(machine being a MANUAL motorcycle, vastly different from a 50cc scooter)
Do you think we should force 125cc scooter riders to do the test on a motorcycle? The test is about safety, being able to corner and use the brakes. Manual or Automatic doesn't matter.
Jafa has a point.

Danae
16th April 2009, 17:28
There's a choice right? I say if you plan to ride a scooter then go ahead and do the test on a scooter...all about personal preference. I'd feel more confident about riding a 250 if I took the test on a motorcycle. :2thumbsup

motorbyclist
16th April 2009, 17:42
In this case where where a person is sitting their BHS to get a licence with the express purpose of riding a motorcycle, to sit their BHS on an automatic scooter would defeat the purpose of the test itself.

So I can sit my full on my Hayabusa?

well it would prove you can handle one, although the current system is that you must prove you can handle a less powerful yet essestially the same machine.

ie, no you can't cause you're proing you can handle the 250 powah before jumping straight onto the hyabusa. good luck when you do though.

and that's not what i'm arguing - i'm arguing that you shouldn't be allowed to sit your BHS on a machine that does half the handling for you. the full licence test is a completely different kettle of fish - i'd suggest you go sit it some time:msn-wink:

I'm definitely sitting it on a manual machine, gotta get used to the gears.

exactly

Do you think we should force 125cc scooter riders to do the test on a motorcycle? The test is about safety, being able to corner and use the brakes. Manual or Automatic doesn't matter.
Jafa has a point.

i don't agree with the car licence permitting scooter riding at all! In a slightly better system there would be a mandatory BHS course with a test at the end for car drivers too.

i think if your licence allows you to ride a motorcycle, and 99.99% of those on the market today are manual, then you should prove competence in riding a manual.

the test is about having the basic skills to operate/handle your machine, as the name implies.
basic handling of the clutch/gears is included in that, as they are an integral part of motorcycle handling, especially when in corners and when braking.

yes, jafa has a point in that the full licence test doesn't prove you can handle more than 40hp, but that doesn't mean we should let the basic test be equally useless. furthermore, the full test is to prove you can operate a road while on a bike, not the bike itself bike - and i'd suggest he keep quiet unless we want a japanese style licence system

motorbyclist
16th April 2009, 17:49
There's a choice right? I say if you plan to ride a scooter then go ahead and do the test on a scooter...all about personal preference. I'd feel more confident about riding a 250 if I took the test on a motorcycle. :2thumbsup

the current system is pretty inadequate:

on a car licence, you can operate a moped up to 2.2KW without any proof that you are fit to do so, besides the fact you made it out of your driveway and passed a scratchy test with no specalist questions relevant to two wheeled transport. sure you learn quick, but somemany people are retards and we end up paying the bills

just because you tell teh testing officer that you only plan to ride scooters, does not mean (from his POV) that it is going to be the case for the next 80 years

if there IS a choice, it is a classic example of why NZ has such poor driving standards.

macros87
16th April 2009, 17:56
muuuummyyy dddaaadddyyy plz stop arguing! macros will be good from now on! i promise! now that that awkward bits out of the way, at the time when i suggested this as i thought it may be more convenient for her, i in no way would recommend this to everyone, otherwise i would have to every noob upgrading from a scooter to a bike here on kb! (and theres a few of them, i read them for nostalgia) but i see that regardless of what she passed her bhs on she would go on to practice and master whatever she wound up riding, she seems like a sensible girl and up till now seems to have the right attitude towards learning. dont think this requires and inquiry into the NZ licensing system at least not THIS aspect of it anyway, since them letting you do it in your own vehicle (more specifically moped or scooter) is kinda rare as far as im aware

Danae
16th April 2009, 18:03
Hopefully Darwin will take care of those who can't operate a scooter on a car licence.

edit: Lol @ macros! And thanks!

Danae
16th April 2009, 19:55
Omg! Since in a week or so it's Anzac day, there aren't any courses, so my Dad said he'll help pay for me to go this Saturday! Eeeee! I have to pay him back of course lol but anyway, soon I'll have my learners and I can start saving up for a 250! :eek:

Slyer
16th April 2009, 20:08
*Fangirl scream!*

Danae
16th April 2009, 21:00
Pretty much!!!! Lol my Dad is real nervous as he's never been on a motorcycle before. He's been on a scooter and is pro in a manual car so he should be sweet as.

Phurrball
16th April 2009, 21:26
FXR FTW!

My corpulent carcass passed a GN going up the big hill into Laingholm, so FXR WIIIIIIINNNNNSSSSS!

Either an FXR of GN is an ideal learner though. You'll outgrow either machine before you reach your full though - but (IMHO) an FXR is a more capable machine (as long as it doesn't have OEM tyres!)

(I still have a ball on ours, except it needs MOAR POWER and more revs before the limiter so I don't rape it to death...:whistle:)

(Someone hand me my 'gold star' for acronym use, K THX :2thumbsup )

motorbyclist
16th April 2009, 23:46
Hopefully Darwin will take care of those who can't operate a scooter on a car licence.

if not, ACC and our insurers will<_<
though tbh you have to be pretty clueless to fail at scootering... unfortunately a great many car drivers are clueless enough for typical scooter attire to be an issue...

*casts mind back to the the couple we saw on a scooter in newmarket; girl driving in tank top/miniskirt with open face, and guy pillion with a sweatshirt wrapped around his head*

Real_Wolf
17th April 2009, 01:18
yay, a sweatshirt, that'll do wonders.

lol

Speaking of looking for bikes, as soon as uni starts again (and i get this god damn project done), its time to get me a BIKE

Hanne
17th April 2009, 05:10
[B]
i'm arguing that you shouldn't be allowed to sit your BHS on a machine that does half the handling for you.

Just a tangent here, I never learnt to drive a manual car until I had been licenced to drive one for over 3 years... similar situation to getting class 6 on a larger scooter then wanting to change to larger manual bike later on.
At least it's consistent between class 1/6 rules?

macros87
17th April 2009, 10:36
FXR FTW!

My corpulent carcass passed a GN going up the big hill into Laingholm, so FXR WIIIIIIINNNNNSSSSS!

Either an FXR of GN is an ideal learner though. You'll outgrow either machine before you reach your full though - but (IMHO) an FXR is a more capable machine (as long as it doesn't have OEM tyres!)

(I still have a ball on ours, except it needs MOAR POWER and more revs before the limiter so I don't rape it to death...:whistle:)

(Someone hand me my 'gold star' for acronym use, K THX :2thumbsup )

yeah i agree the fxr is the better option in quality for money (im under the assumption that she doesnt have much money to spend on a bike yet) for a learner, plz dont get the gn...

Real_Wolf
17th April 2009, 11:06
actually, unless your lucky, those fxr150's tend to cost over 3 grand, at least going by what the average one has been going for on trademe

motorbyclist
17th April 2009, 11:15
Just a tangent here, I never learnt to drive a manual car until I had been licenced to drive one for over 3 years... similar situation to getting class 6 on a larger scooter then wanting to change to larger manual bike later on.
At least it's consistent between class 1/6 rules?

yes, but atleast most cars are automagic

i'm in the same boat as i couldn't actually find a manual car - as a result i'm useless at driving manuals, and don't know how well i'd do in an emergency

Slyer
17th April 2009, 11:21
Get pulled over by the pleece?

macros87
17th April 2009, 12:56
actually, unless your lucky, those fxr150's tend to cost over 3 grand, at least going by what the average one has been going for on trademe

really? ive had a few friends who have bought fxrs, and they have all bought them in between 15 and 18 hundred and have been great very decent bikes, (havent been fucked or had any great cosmetic damage) so 3 grand for a fxr surprises me... sepcially considering i got my zxr for the 3 ish mark.. but i was freaging lucky

Squiggles
17th April 2009, 13:38
really? ive had a few friends who have bought fxrs, and they have all bought them in between 15 and 18 hundred and have been great very decent bikes, (havent been fucked or had any great cosmetic damage) so 3 grand for a fxr surprises me... sepcially considering i got my zxr for the 3 ish mark.. but i was freaging lucky

The market has changed. Especially with the bucket guys buying up all the not-so-tidy ones, which makes even a munted one worth more

Real_Wolf
18th April 2009, 01:09
yeah, there were 2? i think 2 fxr's on there about a month ago, sittnig at aroudn those prices, but they skyrocketed or disappeared for the buy now very quickly.

Most of the fxr's you see on there are about the same price as a slightly busted but still decent 250cc bike. 2-3 grand really. No longer a case of 'buy one, get one free for parts', though there is a nice looking nsr that would seem to fit that description (http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=213230647)

Danae
18th April 2009, 09:17
BHS in an houuurrrrrrrr.

Real_Wolf
18th April 2009, 11:46
let us know how it went. Its not particularily hard (unless you don't understand what they mean and are trying to emergency brake into that little square)

macros87
18th April 2009, 11:54
you should hv been back and telling us about it by now

motorbyclist
18th April 2009, 12:29
it's a several hour course that ends with the test, and she started at 10:15 so might only be finishing now

PirateJafa
18th April 2009, 12:48
She has passed. :niceone:

Danae
18th April 2009, 13:38
Yup! Passed, done, finito! My Dad got me subway after, I was starving. I got a point for stalling the thing! When I came in to stop after finishing an exercise to wait for the next guy to take his turn, I stalled it. Still got a mark. These guys were a bit more strict than others I've heard of but that's kind of a good thing. Now for the scratch n win!

Ragingrob
18th April 2009, 14:04
:woohoo:

10char

Real_Wolf
19th April 2009, 01:38
yay.

Yah, i lost a point for turning off my indicator too late. At least I indicated unlike most drivers

Danae
19th April 2009, 12:24
My Dad lost 3 points for that. o___o Yeah, better to indicate and leave it on than to not indicate at all.

Now I'm waiting for my dad to finish reading the road code...

motorbyclist
19th April 2009, 12:54
unless you leave the left on and have someone pull out infront of you (despite you plainly not turning left)

Danae
19th April 2009, 13:32
Ah yip. -facepalm- Indicating too early is also a problem...

Phurrball
19th April 2009, 13:42
Well done D!

Stalling happens sometimes. Ya get to the stage where you laugh at your own gumbiness (while hitting the starter and moving off in one fluid action to avoid further embarrassment)

Must've been something in the air about 2 days ago. I stalled at the lights, self-mocked, and at the next lights had a fella on a GSXR750 do the same in front of me. (A kick start bike would suck though...:buggerd:)

unless you leave the left on and have someone pull out infront of you (despite you plainly not turning left)

What Andrew said about indicators is true though. I wouldn't be surprised if it'd caused the odd very serious/fatal accident.

Get in the habit of hitting the cancel button a few times after every turn just to make sure.

Danae
19th April 2009, 13:52
Mmm we were on GN125's, they had old style indicator controls where you shift it back to the middle as opposed to clicking the button in so it was hard to tell if the indicator was off. Ah there's an FXR on Trademe in good condition (I think) for 2,200. Just has fairing damage. :eek: But I don't have any money. XD

Real_Wolf
19th April 2009, 14:31
get a "laptop" from studylink

:D

theres a couple of nice looking fxr's around the 2-3grand mark atm

macros87
19th April 2009, 21:46
Mmm we were on GN125's, they had old style indicator controls where you shift it back to the middle as opposed to clicking the button in so it was hard to tell if the indicator was off. Ah there's an FXR on Trademe in good condition (I think) for 2,200. Just has fairing damage. :eek: But I don't have any money. XD

yeah i also did my bhs on a gn 125 with the shitiest breaks and retarded indicator switch! he forgave me when i indicated then trying to turn it off indicated the other way instead... fxr looks like a suitable bike, and at that price its apparently a good deal!

Hanne
20th April 2009, 07:37
Mmm we were on GN125's, they had old style indicator controls where you shift it back to the middle as opposed to clicking the button in

I think our GN has that control too? Or maybe the one that blew up did... going back and forth between them (or GN/ ZZR) meant you really had to double check and have the brain your thumb awake.

Congrats on passing BHS!

gavjn
21st April 2009, 17:34
excuse my ignorance... wats a "bucket" bike

Slyer
21st April 2009, 18:17
The condition of bucket is irrelevant as it is a bucket of shit.
Buckets are usually bikes barely held together with hot glue and parts coming from many different bikes. :bleh:

gavjn
21st April 2009, 20:43
ahhh i c... thnx lol

Real_Wolf
21st April 2009, 22:23
take, for example, my xs250. Its what a bucket will end up being should it stop having constant work done on it

motorbyclist
22nd April 2009, 01:03
now now, a bucket can be machanically sound: it just has to look, sound and feel like it's about to break down and possibly even snap in two as a result of either the rusting chassis or the dodgy welds trying to repair it.

oil squirts, blue/black smoke (preferably from anywhere BUT the muffler), misfires, backfires and a strong smell of something burning are all desirable features:niceone:

BANZAI
27th April 2009, 23:06
I STRONGLY suggest you should get GN ^^

Keystone19
13th May 2009, 17:00
For my first bike my aunt is trying to influence me to get a Ninja, but I probably can't save up enough even for the cheapest ones on tradme no matter how much I want one.

Your Aunt also thinks a VTR250 would be a good first bike and will endeavour to convince your elders to buy you one once they return from their wee jaunt to Australia.

Your aunt also thinks that when you call her aunt that it makes her sound very old! And according to Facebook's 'what is your real age' survey, i am actually only 18.

And your aunt also wants to know if you actually passed your BHS or not.

PirateJafa
13th May 2009, 17:14
Clearly you've been a big influence on her - she's already trying to copy your avatar. ;)

Danae
13th May 2009, 17:15
Your Aunt also thinks a VTR250 would be a good first bike and will endeavour to convince your elders to buy you one once they return from their wee jaunt to Australia.

Your aunt also thinks that when you call her aunt that it makes her sound very old! And according to Facebook's 'what is your real age' survey, i am actually only 18.

And your aunt also wants to know if you actually passed your BHS or not.

AWESOME!!

Yep I passed! Still trying to study up for the scratch 'n' win but dad's hogging the road code

Squiggles
13th May 2009, 18:16

lulz. Have you twelve'd a scooter lately?

Phurrball
13th May 2009, 19:12
Your Aunt also thinks a VTR250 would be a good first bike... (snippy)

Danae already has history with a VTR250 :msn-wink: :lol:

I'm sure the baby VTR will let you ride again...if you speak kind words and pat the tank...

Keystone19
13th May 2009, 19:58
Danae already has history with a VTR250 :msn-wink: :lol:

Lol, excellent. Pleased to see that she is receiving appropriate mentoring from you!!!

Although I started on a VTR250 and look what happened to me. Perhaps she should get that GN250 after all. Nah, that's the aunt in me. Just go straight to the GSXR1000 Danae.

PirateJafa
13th May 2009, 20:16
Lol, excellent. Pleased to see that she is receiving appropriate mentoring from you!!!

Although I started on a VTR250 and look what happened to me. Perhaps she should get that GN250 after all. Nah, that's the aunt in me. Just go straight to the GSXR1000 Danae.
No no no. You've got it all wrong.

You're meant to use this as a chance to sell your bike to her at an exorbitant price so that you can buy yourself a a nice new thou. ;)

Keystone19
13th May 2009, 20:25
No no no. You've got it all wrong.

You're meant to use this as a chance to sell your bike to her at an exorbitant price so that you can buy yourself a a nice new thou. ;)

Believe me, I already tried that!

Phurrball
13th May 2009, 22:44

LOL! Not really.(see here) (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=96355&page=3) the VTR was subbed out at the time, as I was still in the 'honeymoon' phase with my VFR800. Naked is good!

VTRs are awesome! But skip the Gixxer - lacking in the necessary proportions to mix it with the Remmers tractors - we are in Auckland after all. Straight to this... (http://news.motorbiker.org/blogs.nsf/dx/real-tank-motorcycle-the-tankbike.htm)

Slyer
13th May 2009, 22:51
If it has more than two wheels it's NOT a bike.
I'm going to shoot the next person who says quad bike.

Danae
13th May 2009, 23:06
LULZ @ this thread.

What do you guys think of CBR250's? There are quite a few on tardme at the mo. Oh and those reasonably priced FXRs have been sold. ]: I should look for some VTRs as well...sorry Ross!!!!! (and Ross's bike)

@ tankbike (/trike): do want.

Ragingrob
13th May 2009, 23:11
Cbr's are really nice if you find one that runs well :yes:

How much are you looking to spend?

Danae
13th May 2009, 23:16
I suppose I should get a job first, lol. And even though my scooter probably runs better than it did when I bought it, it won't sell for much.

Slyer
13th May 2009, 23:24
Go for a twin imo.

Real_Wolf
14th May 2009, 00:41
think about what you want, cbr's are very nice, but one thats in good nick and not trashed is gonna cost you a fair bit.

Add to that the fact that being an IL4 maintenance will be alot harder than that of a v-twin or a single cylinder, you have to ask yourself do you really want all that extra horsepower.

That being said, if your bike only rev's to 11k then its not nearly as awesome

Phurrball
14th May 2009, 12:52
If it has more than two wheels it's NOT a bike.
I'm going to shoot the next person who says quad bike.

Sorry. Term used loosely. I should know better. :spanking:

LULZ @ this thread.

What do you guys think of CBR250's? There are quite a few on tardme at the mo. Oh and those reasonably priced FXRs have been sold. ]: I should look for some VTRs as well...sorry Ross!!!!! (and Ross's bike)

@ tankbike (/trike): do want.

Don't be sorry, I'm all good and so is the bike. Gentle mocking is the SMC way... Moar scratches on muffler = closer to justifying the end can I can't afford. OEM mufflers make excellent crash protectors AS they're built like that Russian tank TRIKE.

think about what you want, cbr's are very nice, but one thats in good nick and not trashed is gonna cost you a fair bit.

Add to that the fact that being an IL4 maintenance will be alot harder than that of a v-twin or a single cylinder, you have to ask yourself do you really want all that extra horsepower.

CBR250s are the high water mark of IL4 250 sportbikes. I doubt we'll see their like made again, as they're nearly as expensive to produce as a 600. HP is moot in any 250, what any small bike has in spades is light weight awesomeness.

That being said, if your bike only rev's to 11k then its not nearly as awesome

Different strokes. IMHO I far prefer the power delivery of our VTR250 to my old Bandit 250. Easier to ride (except the shitty Honda gearbox), lower down torque, more engine character. Twin for the WIIIINNNNN!:scooter:

Real_Wolf
14th May 2009, 18:55
:D

The CBR250RR i believe is the fastest of the IL4's, only beaten by those 250 2-strokes, and for a 250 it is fairly light (especially in comparison with the 600's), but you'll be hard pressed to find one that isn't rooted because of their reputation as the fastest of the IL4's.

I find my accross to have a fairly smooth power output, has a fair bit of torque but it doesn't have much of a top end (14k-16k you get no real acceleration, seems to peak at 14k revs)

shingo
14th May 2009, 18:59
If things go well for me, my CBR should be up for sale in a month or so.

BANZAI
14th May 2009, 20:11
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports//auction-218630523.htm

Howbout this?
Or you could always have a choice of GN if you are short of money :blip:

Danae
14th May 2009, 20:21
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports//auction-218630523.htm

Howbout this?
Or you could always have a choice of GN if you are short of money :blip:

OM NOM NOM

But probably a wee bit too expensive. ]:

BANZAI
14th May 2009, 20:42
OM NOM NOM

But probably a wee bit too expensive. ]:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports/auction-218302885.htm
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports/auction-216630479.htm
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports/auction-218274637.htm
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports/auction-203957506.htm

Somewhere around here?

But just remember you do always have this option ^^
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Cruiser/auction-217563252.htm
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Cruiser/auction-216574883.htm

Do join our community too ;)
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/group.php?groupid=27

Slyer
14th May 2009, 21:07
No she's not getting a GN.
She already has a 50cc scooter, she wants something more powerful than that.

BANZAI
14th May 2009, 21:47
Then it's gotta be something like this :p

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports/auction-217123579.htm
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports/auction-216624776.htm

macros87
14th May 2009, 21:47
that vtz looks pretty mint, from that list that's what i would go for... dont get the gsx! those things are frigging heavy!!

Slyer
14th May 2009, 21:50
Yup I love that VTZ

BANZAI
14th May 2009, 21:52
Another Honda user....

Icemaestro
14th May 2009, 22:01
Can I recommend my CBX?:-D

macros87
14th May 2009, 22:02
Another Honda user....

HEY HEY HEY NON OF THAT! me and slyer are proud kawa owners! that vtz is just a very nice example at least as far as i can see on those photos. it just looks better than the other options! plus has a trusty trusty Vtwin! what else do you want?

Grey Weasel
14th May 2009, 22:33
S
CBR250s are the high water mark of IL4 250 sportbikes. I doubt we'll see their like made again, as they're nearly as expensive to produce as a 600. HP is moot in any 250, what any small bike has in spades is light weight awesomeness.

for light weight awesomeness you must try my 100kg single 50cc 2 stroke at 100... er 50kph :innocent:

BANZAI
14th May 2009, 22:43
HEY HEY HEY NON OF THAT! me and slyer are proud kawa owners! that vtz is just a very nice example at least as far as i can see on those photos. it just looks better than the other options! plus has a trusty trusty Vtwin! what else do you want?

Suzuki-itis

motorbyclist
14th May 2009, 22:44
honda super cub is fifty-five kg of fifty cc four stroke fury!

Danae
14th May 2009, 23:20
Check this one out:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=214491565

I little worse for wear but once cleaned up should look mint! They say it starts first time every kick so does this mean no electric start? Lol. Love the paint job. Needs a front view to determine angry eyebrow potential...

Oh and:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=218095333

BANZAI
14th May 2009, 23:21
Check this one out:

I little worse for wear but once cleaned up should look mint! They starts first time every kick so does this mean no electric start? Lol. Love the paint job. Needs a front view to determine angry eyebrow potential...

Oh and:

Go for RZ!!!!
Sigh... I miss Daisy...

PirateJafa
14th May 2009, 23:21
Zomg, that RZ is awesome.

Although a 250 two-stroke might be a... fun... way to learn for you. ;)

Danae
14th May 2009, 23:28
Zomg, that RZ is awesome.

Although a 250 two-stroke might be a... fun... way to learn for you. ;)

That's the only reason I'm hesitant about this one eh. But it looks ssoooooo oresum.

PirateJafa
14th May 2009, 23:34
Go for RZ!!!!
Sigh... I miss Daisy...

YOU BROKE HER!

That's the only reason I'm hesitant about this one eh. But it looks ssoooooo oresum.

Rachprice can sing the virtues of the fickle two-strokes to ye. ;)

BANZAI
14th May 2009, 23:50
YOU BROKE HER!

That's because she decided to doso in the middle of motorway...

motorbyclist
15th May 2009, 02:18
that RZ is ORSUM but not a very wise purchase

the FZR looks much better but we don't know the reserve. the FZR might not be the best choice as there are very few around for a reason and thus very few parts when you need them.

however, it does have very good angry eyebrow potential.....

Danae
15th May 2009, 05:29
Angry eyebrow potential is mandatory. :eek:

Hanne
15th May 2009, 05:46
honda super cub is fifty-five kg of fifty cc four stroke fury!

meeeeean! me wants one.... saw one the other day covered in faux fur. Leopard print. On the road.

Danae
15th May 2009, 05:48
meeeeean! me wants one.... saw one the other day covered in faux fur. Leopard print. On the road.

AWESOME

I want one that's covered in astro turf like those grass covered cars

PirateJafa
15th May 2009, 08:41
AWESOME

I want one that's covered in astro turf like those grass covered cars
Camouflaging your scooter eh?

To get away from the cops you'd just need to drive onto the sidewalk, lie down and BAM, they're flummoxed!

Real_Wolf
15th May 2009, 08:52
aren't tehy generally rather flummoxed anyway?

Keystone19
15th May 2009, 08:53
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports/auction-217123579.htm

Can't go too badly wrong with an RGV. Just make sure you don't mind getting your hands dirty or know someone who does. And I suspect that would not be your father. In fact, could be a good point. Tell him the only thing you can afford is a 2 stroke and if he doesn't want one of those floating around he should buy you a VTR250 like this one...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports/auction-216451477.htm

Of course, if you really want a 2 stroke and would like to start out closer to where Rossi and Stoner did, you could get this:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports/auction-206039975.htm

PirateJafa
15th May 2009, 08:57
Wait, ain't that Timati/Gorro's RS250? Haven't seen that sod around for yonks, and now he's selling his bike!?

Slyer
15th May 2009, 12:17
Wait, ain't that Timati/Gorro's RS250? Haven't seen that sod around for yonks, and now he's selling his bike!?
Yup that's his. I remember the signature on the top of the screen.

aewilliam
15th May 2009, 18:07
If Danae is one for copius joy-filled use of throttle, I would strongly suggest NOT test-riding a 2stroke unless you know you ARE gonna get one :devil2:

After test-riding an RGV, re-test-riding the GPX/GSX/VTR/Hornet/CBR felt like going back to my 50cc. (In fact, i think my 50cc was quicker off the lights than the GSX...)

I honestly could'nt see myself putting up with a 4T ever again, and the allure for ringadingdingding and berry-scented 2T oil was too much - temptation was rapidly fallen to.

Be VERY careful... :niceone:

Ixion
15th May 2009, 19:21
Check this one out:

I little worse for wear but once cleaned up should look mint! They say it starts first time every kick so does this mean no electric start? Lol. Love the paint job. Needs a front view to determine angry eyebrow potential...

Oh and:

RZ is kick only. Check if the cylinder that's "running rich" is the right hand side.

macros87
15th May 2009, 20:11
Check this one out:

Oh and:

rz looks like fun sure... but look at how many ks the dodgy things got! http://www.carjam.co.nz/car/?plate=94sij&search=Check

Ixion
15th May 2009, 20:18
\On the face of it, about 200000 km ! But the first two apparent windbacks are almost certainly data entry errors. Still comes to about 100000 km. High for a two smoker, but if it's been well maintained , maybe not an issue. Not much goes wrong with them. I'd be somewhat suspicious of the "running rich on one cylinder" theory.

gavjn
15th May 2009, 20:50
After test-riding an RGV, re-test-riding the GPX/GSX/VTR/Hornet/CBR felt like going back to my 50cc. (In fact, i think my 50cc was quicker off the lights than the GSX...)

Be VERY careful... :niceone:

i agree... my gsx has ALMOST (and i say that only coz i have 2 much pride 2 say ive been beaten by a 50cc) been beaten by scooters of the line, gutless as shitfried rice

Real_Wolf
15th May 2009, 21:57
HA, my gsx is fine off the lights, of course its an IL4 thats not a gsxr

gavjn
15th May 2009, 22:21
mines a gsx250... speaking of which... is going up for sale as soon as i decide to get my ass in2 gear and chuck it on trademe. so if any1s keen on a grey 2004 gsx250, let me kno!

Slyer
15th May 2009, 23:17
"GSX's are shit, mines for sale soon by the way." :jerry:

gavjn
15th May 2009, 23:59
lol theyre not shit. i said 'shit' in relation to the power, which after a 600 is sweet FA... but still... not a shit bike

Real_Wolf
16th May 2009, 02:38
your gsx a twin?

Mine has like no top end, power is peaking at like 11-12 even though it revs to 16, the rest of it is just so that when you change gear you've still got maximum power

Slyer
16th May 2009, 07:58
your gsx a twin?

Mine has like no top end, power is peaking at like 11-12 even though it revs to 16, the rest of it is just so that when you change gear you've still got maximum power
Hahaha weird, you have to get to 9000+ plus before the GPX goes anywhere. :D

This is probably why the Across is quite economical compared to the other IL4's.

Real_Wolf
16th May 2009, 12:32
yeah, its got alot more low down power than the gsxr though, which makes it very nice for commuting

PirateJafa
16th May 2009, 13:17
Clearly you do not wish to partake in "sports communting" then.

Slyer
16th May 2009, 14:51
The best kind!

macros87
16th May 2009, 16:01
Clearly you do not wish to partake in "sports communting" then.

elaborate?

PirateJafa
16th May 2009, 16:20
elaborate?
Sports-communting:

Take the distance of your commute in kilometres. (In my case, ~25km)

For every kilometre, you are allowed one minute to commute it. (So 25 minutes for me)

For every minute under the "par" for your course, you get 20 points.

For every wheelie on the way, you get 20 points.

For every stoppie, you get 30 points.

For every time you lanesplit at more than 1.5 times at local speed limit, you get 30 points.

For every powerslide you get 10 points.

For every pedestrian mown down, 20 points if they get up, or 40 points if you nailed 'em right.

40 points for running from the rozzers, and 80 points if you escape whilst still on one wheel.

100 points if someone posts up a thread on KB bitching about the biker with the numberplate 12ABC and they're referring to YOU.

Who said commuting had to be boring?

Phurrball
16th May 2009, 18:16
Hahaha weird, you have to get to 9000+ plus before the GPX goes anywhere. :D

This is probably why the Across is quite economical compared to the other IL4's.

The Across was 'running' VERY economically from the University to the Shell on Beach Rd :rofl:;)

It seemed to be doing quite well up the spaghetti racetrack after that though!:eek:

BANZAI
17th May 2009, 00:45
Never expect Across for fuel economy LOL

But it is the perfect sports commuter bike ^^

OMG I'm so jealous of Real Wolf!
Oh well, I'll buy Goose350 when I get job lol

Btw Danae did you write Jafa's new avatar?
Love your drawing ^^

Real_Wolf
17th May 2009, 03:07
nah, it does fairly fine.

Now I do have a minor problem though, seems my speedo cable has come off, or something, not sure (happened tonight).

Basically I have no speedometer, and my odometer does not tick over. My rev counter still works, and the 1:10 ratio of revs - km/h mean I can tell my speed if I"m in sixth

BANZAI
17th May 2009, 04:12
nah, it does fairly fine.

Now I do have a minor problem though, seems my speedo cable has come off, or something, not sure (happened tonight).

Basically I have no speedometer, and my odometer does not tick over. My rev counter still works, and the 1:10 ratio of revs - km/h mean I can tell my speed if I"m in sixth

What you talking about? Suzuki bikes doesn't want speedo cables. My gn's cable either snapped or came off like 5times last year LOL

motorbyclist
17th May 2009, 12:20
Now I do have a minor problem though...

remember back when we were checking the bike out?

realwolf: "reckon there's anything wrong with it"

motorB: "well, nothing really, but it IS a suzuki"

:bleh:

stop tempting fate and do that oil change! lube everything! if the cables have been neglected enough to so far all fail, how do you think the engine is looking?

Ragingrob
17th May 2009, 13:04
No speedo? Sweet clock up the k's without them ticking over on the dial! Just go the flow of the traffic like the roadcode says haha safety in numbers!

Real_Wolf
17th May 2009, 14:04
nah, its just a cable loose. I knew it was that last night but couldn't see it, but your right I really do need to change that oil

Magua
17th May 2009, 15:10
I can help you with that this week if you're not busy with uni. Where on the shore are you?

Real_Wolf
17th May 2009, 16:35
beach haven, just really need tools and a pointing in the right direction.

Squiggles
17th May 2009, 21:05
Ignore it at your peril. Go and buy the oil and filter already.

Phurrball
17th May 2009, 21:11
Ignore it at your peril. Go and buy the oil and filter already.

Aye.

'Tis one fluid you do not want to malfunction or run out!

Fuel on the other hand...;)

PirateJafa
17th May 2009, 21:13
Engine oil, coolant, brake fluid, petrol and alcohol.

Fundamental to [student?] biking.

Ixion
17th May 2009, 21:16
*PROPER* bikes have no coolant (other than that which a benovolent Almighty provides in abundance) ; nor brake fluid.And engine oil and fuel are the same thing. Which leave sonly alcohol as the indispensable necessity for all bikers, noit just students.

Danae
18th May 2009, 12:51
OM NOM NOM

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports/auction-217052330.htm

And specs (don't know if it's good lol)

http://www.motorbikes.be/en/Yamaha_FZR_250_1987.aspx

I love the look of it, it's a shame it's all the way in hastings ]:

'Nother one:

Ragingrob
18th May 2009, 12:58
Lol even after ten people have told you that those bikes just blow up?!

PirateJafa
18th May 2009, 12:59
Plus the seller seems reluctant to show any pictures of the LH side of the bike.

Slyer
18th May 2009, 13:25
Stay away from the Yamahas I think. :bleh:

You can have a proper go on the GPX whenever you want, you can use it as a comparison.

macros87
18th May 2009, 13:43
yeah im weary of the fzrs too, theres many on trade me but ive only ever come across like three of them on the road... which just makes me suspicious and think if there are so many out there, why arent people riding them? but if you are gona get one i think the 3ln is much better looking than the other models :)

PirateJafa
18th May 2009, 13:48
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports/auction-215795334.htm

Thread over.

You can buy me a beer at the next chiller.

Slyer
18th May 2009, 14:02
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports/auction-215795334.htm

Thread over.

You can buy me a beer at the next chiller.
omgomgomg
YES...!
Minter

Danae
18th May 2009, 14:13
$9,500...lol.

Ah I totally can't remember people telling me that FZRs blow up. XD Look damn nice tho. ]:

Danae
18th May 2009, 14:57
Holy shit holy shit holy shit

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports/auction-218614059.htm

I WANT :shit:

PirateJafa
18th May 2009, 15:07
That reminds me of my first bike! Same k's, similar price - brilliant bikes. :niceone:

Apparently gets more than double the k's per tank that mine did though!

Danae
18th May 2009, 15:29
Yeah I don't think it gets 250km to the tank. XD But still...omgggg

BANZAI
18th May 2009, 17:21
Go for Bandit! Threads over ^^

Slyer
18th May 2009, 17:26
Butbutbut a suzuki?
Get a twin.

BANZAI
18th May 2009, 17:27
Butbutbut a suzuki?
Get a twin.

Yesyesyesyes YES SUZUKI

Danae
18th May 2009, 17:28
Show me a white VTR and I'll be even happier. But that bandit is honestly gorgeous and I want.

BANZAI
18th May 2009, 17:40
Show me a white VTR and I'll be even happier. But that bandit is honestly gorgeous and I want.

That's all VTRs in Auckland
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/SearchResults.aspx?searchType=0001-&searchString=VTR250&searchregion=2&type=Search

Did you post this before?
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports/auction-203957506.htm

If you like V-twin this is another option as well
(altho you will have same bike as Dushy :p)
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Tourers/auction-218970304.htm

Danae
18th May 2009, 17:53
Did you post this before?

Someone did, I was definitely considering it.

Slyer
18th May 2009, 17:56
Someone did, I was definitely considering it.
Get it! It's original and great looking.
It's also a twin and a honda (for those of you that are into that sort of thing)

macros87
18th May 2009, 18:35
Yeah I don't think it gets 250km to the tank. XD But still...omgggg

mine gets a bit more than that to a tank, people cant figure it out, they want to disect it, find all its secrets!

Louella
18th May 2009, 18:36
Get it! It's original and great looking.
It's also a twin and a honda (for those of you that are into that sort of thing)

(Danae, at Louella's house) Hmmm I do like that one as well!! Plus Vtwin awesome. :] I suppose I should hurry up and get my license so I can test it and (if I get one) ride it back.

OK these are my two options so far then. :]

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports/auction-218614059.htm

macros87
18th May 2009, 18:52
(Danae, at Louella's house) Hmmm I do like that one as well!! Plus Vtwin awesome. :] I suppose I should hurry up and get my license so I can test it and (if I get one) ride it back.

OK these are my two options so far then. :]

if those are your two options, i would go for the vtz, but thats because i just really like it, comes down to you now.. you know all you need to about them.. so good luck deciding

Danae
18th May 2009, 19:01
Gotta wait til my parents get back from Australia (tomorrow night-ish) and see what they say. I'm kind of leaning towards the honda. Plus it's cheaper.

Squiggles
18th May 2009, 19:30
if those are your two options, i would go for the vtz, but thats because i just really like it,

Avoid. Just dont go there.

Slyer
18th May 2009, 19:40
Explanation?

macros87
18th May 2009, 19:47

errr... well at least tell me why? and she cant go wrong with the honda! not when the other choice is a suzuki... i mean duhh

Squiggles
18th May 2009, 19:59
errr... well at least tell me why? and she cant go wrong with the honda! not when the other choice is a suzuki... i mean duhh

Has your kawasaki stopped rattling?

shingo
18th May 2009, 20:15
Explanation?

The old VT250's were said to have fairly weak cranks and cams, and an appetite for cam chains/tensioners. The quality improved when they started producing the Spada's.

Basically if you want a Honda twin, you have two choices. A new VTR250, or a Spada.

Phurrball
18th May 2009, 20:17
Riiiiiggghhht back in the day, when I was first learning, Ingrid and I spent some time looking at a VTZ.

The gent selling it was a very honest type and would not let us buy it until it was all sorted...

Long story short, that bike was very troubled, and even though we were keen, the sale didn't happen. I can't speak for the model in general (This one looks tidier) but the bike we looked at ended up with the nickname "The VTZ of doom" They are more highly strung than the VTR that followed them.

We ended up with a Bandit. The Bandit was great, but in hindsight, hard to learn on being a revvy IL4 [In laingholm!] and relatively greedy. I only realised this after we got Ingrid's FXR.

If you're looking for an economical, bullet proof bike that is easy to learn on - you can't beat an FXR as a very first bike. Really.

Sure, there's more glamourous rides. You will likely outgrow it. [B]BUT - you won't loose any money, so after 6 months or whatever, sell and upgrade to a 250.

A VTR OTOH, you wouldn't outgrow in your L and R, but it isn't quite as easy to ride or economical as an FXR.

Don't. Rush. Into. Anything.

You can ride our FXR and VTR if you like (Though the FXR doesn't have current insurance)

Squiggles
18th May 2009, 20:17
The old VT250's were said to have fairly weak cranks and cams, and an appetite for cam chains/tensioners. The quality improved when they started producing the Spada's.

Not to mention the pretty inadequate brakes and suspenders

macros87
18th May 2009, 20:29
Has your kawasaki stopped rattling?

dude mine never rattled, sweetest sounding zxr ever cant find fault with it, that one was our friend Chris bike and yeah a 90 dollar tensioner later it no longer rattles.

They are more highly strung than the VTR that followed them.

didn't know that, perhaps it isn't the best choice in that case but thats why we have the forum and all you guys around, to tell us not to buy shit you know we shouldn't when we don't know any better :)

Don't. Rush. Into. Anything.

best advice on this thread :)

Slyer
18th May 2009, 22:23
Oh don't worry there's absolutely no rush in this case, no word on whether she's actually going to be able to afford one. :msn-wink:

Danae
18th May 2009, 23:02
Om nom would love to have a go on the FXR Ross! There were some on Trademe for decent prices a while ago but they sold already. ]: I'd totally want to paint one white :eek:

Real_Wolf
18th May 2009, 23:33
yeah, don't rush into anything, an xs250 is NOT a good bike no matter what

Real_Wolf
18th May 2009, 23:36
Holy shit holy shit holy shit

I WANT :shit:

Doubt its done that many k's, I would hazard a bet its been round the clock

Danae
18th May 2009, 23:47
Doubt its done that many k's, I would hazard a bet its been round the clock

They blocked out the plate so I can't check all that stuff. ]:<

howdamnhard
18th May 2009, 23:54
Yay, In a couple of weeks I'll have enough money to sit my BHS! I'm gonna do the extra training beforehand as well just in case. Anyways, wouldn't mind having a quick go on someone's 250 before then. :eek:

My Dad's gonna sit it as well. XD

Great , goodluck. Let us know when you pass.:niceone: GN's aren't a bad bike to learn on but you will feel limited on them fairly quickly. I know as I owned one, mind you the ZZR600 used to feel scary and now I want a 1000cc.

motorbyclist
19th May 2009, 00:52
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports/auction-218015913.htm

even if only for the write up.

HONDAAAAH!

BANZAI
19th May 2009, 01:59
If VTZ is no, then gotta be Suzuki.

It should be cheaper to run than hornet coz it doesnt have that fat tyre on the back ^^

Danae
19th May 2009, 04:21
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports/auction-218015913.htm

even if only for the write up.

HONDAAAAH!

OM NOM NOM

Wonder how much reserve is?

macros87
19th May 2009, 10:33
OM NOM NOM

Wonder how much reserve is?

i dnt think the reserve would be all that low since he refuses to tell in the questions and answers, and the bike looks pretty good, has full service history, so unless he is an idiot which he doesnt really sound it, reserve probably above 4 grand id say

Danae
19th May 2009, 14:18
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports/auction-219408869.htm

Why must it be in Waikato???

edit:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports/auction-217384985.htm
OM NOMS

Slyer
19th May 2009, 14:57
So you got any money Danae?

Danae
19th May 2009, 15:12
Lol nope. XD My dad may be willing to help as he is also getting his license. I'll have to pay him back of course. -_-

Slyer
19th May 2009, 15:23
Sweet! You're in!

How much you selling the scootling for?

macros87
19th May 2009, 15:24
Lol nope. XD My dad may be willing to help as he is also getting his license. I'll have to pay him back of course. -_-

youd be surprised how much you can do with no money! i had no money to buy mine then finally sold scooter, got a "computer" with course related costs (not a whole one tho) and a a healthy student over draft later i had my zxr :) (worked 7 day weeks that summer to pay everything back) :)

macros87
19th May 2009, 15:26
p.s. that vtr has a sweet paintjob

Danae
19th May 2009, 15:35
First I have to clean it up, replace the mirror and fix the various broken plastics lololol. If completely fixed I'd be lucky to get 1k as that's aroundabouts what the dealers are selling them for on Trademe. My dad would be reluctant to let me get course-related costs for it. >: So I can only assume he'd lend me the rest. :rolleyes:

HungusMaximist
19th May 2009, 15:48
Reasonable 250s are so fucken expensive and probably aldready knows this.

That's just the way the market is.

If you can afford it, go for it. As a good 250 like a VTR or Hornet will last you quite a while.

Postie Bikes "CT110" are pretty awesome too. Also keep your eye out on older style bikes.

Good luck! You're gonna be for in for rollercoaster ride! Like they say, once you're in, you don't wanna go back!

gavjn
19th May 2009, 18:30
Om nom would love to have a go on the FXR Ross! There were some on Trademe for decent prices a while ago but they sold already. ]: I'd totally want to paint one white :eek:

white bikes r hot as! 08 ducati 848 in white *droooooools*

Real_Wolf
19th May 2009, 18:51
So decided what sort of thing you want yet? like a v-twin I suppose, or a single? an IL4 :D?

motorbyclist
19th May 2009, 18:59
250cc scooter!

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Scooters/auction-214663224.htm

Danae
19th May 2009, 19:57
250cc scooter!

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Scooters/auction-214663224.htm

LOLOLOLOL

it's huuuuuge :lol:

Ragingrob
19th May 2009, 20:16
LOLOLOLOL

That's what she said!

:chase:

Phurrball
19th May 2009, 21:49
LOLOLOLOL

It's only medium at best!!!

Now, a Burgman 650 - THAT'S a supertanker big Überscooter...

BANZAI
20th May 2009, 01:38
LOLOLOLOL

Suzuki Skywave(Burgman) for you

http://renewcar-seiwa.cocolog-nifty.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/01/19/cimg0333.jpg

skidMark
20th May 2009, 02:40
That's what she said!

:chase:

Are we soul mates? :sleep:

Slyer
20th May 2009, 08:53

http://renewcar-seiwa.cocolog-nifty.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/01/19/cimg0333.jpg
ugly ugly ugly ugly
zomg

macros87
20th May 2009, 10:16

did they lower the stupid thing to look like a boy racer car? you know the thing is pretty ugly in the first place, so anything you do to it may be considered and improvement... even keying it :P

motorbyclist
20th May 2009, 12:10
actually looks like it would bottom out if leant over at all - even without being weighted down by a rider

BANZAI
20th May 2009, 18:40
ugly ugly ugly ugly
zomg

did they lower the stupid thing to look like a boy racer car? you know the thing is pretty ugly in the first place, so anything you do to it may be considered and improvement... even keying it :P

actually looks like it would bottom out if leant over at all - even without being weighted down by a rider

Sadly that's what most of uneducated young people are on about in Japan.
I never seen this hardcore one before so don't know how it works but I guess they have airbags??????

Real_Wolf
20th May 2009, 23:57
It obviously turns corners with the wheel. Very slowly

PirateJafa
20th May 2009, 23:59
Maybe there's a "lower" button to park it? Considering that both the sidestand and centrestand seem to be up. :P

Danae
22nd May 2009, 22:47
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=214521805

How's this? If I decided to get it it wouldn't be too much of a road trip to pick it up.

gavjn
23rd May 2009, 01:30
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=214521805

How's this? If I decided to get it it wouldn't be too much of a road trip to pick it up.

lol i think that is the skinniest bike ive ever seen

motorbyclist
23rd May 2009, 02:54
considering the k's it could be worth a look, but that is one HUGE dent in the RHS of the tank!

Phurrball
23rd May 2009, 07:10
considering the k's it could be worth a look, but that is one HUGE dent in the RHS of the tank!

You're HARDLY one to comment on riding a bike with a dented tank eh? :chase:

The dent would be why it only costs $10 to fill :lol:

Looks like it's been repainted and it has been reregistered at the start of 2008. (http://www.carjam.co.nz/car/?plate=36ZEB&search=Check). Written off mebbe?

Though, if it's an FXR it probably doesn't matter as long as it's straight. Low KMs.

Danae
23rd May 2009, 13:00

Yikes, totally missed that! Lol! Still...

Danae
23rd May 2009, 13:08
Unless it would be worth going up to get this one:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports/auction-219295261.htm

motorbyclist
23rd May 2009, 13:42
i'd be keen for a cruise up north to check that out; doesn't even have the usual scratches on the muffler to show that it's been dropped, and when it come to selling in auckland it'll be worth 2500 even if you crash it!

macros87
23rd May 2009, 15:34
i would fork out the extra cash and get the second fxr, more ks, but you can tell the otehr ones been crashed badly enough to have it deregistered, and there's that dent that i cannot believe you did not notice!

Danae
23rd May 2009, 17:05
XD Haha sshh!

Yay my dad likes the paintjob on the second one! (it's pretty mean lololol) I reckon this may be it if my dad is willing to lend money. Plus I might go in to get my actual license soon too. Like tomorrow soon. XD

macros87
23rd May 2009, 17:42
XD Haha sshh!

Yay my dad likes the paintjob on the second one! (it's pretty mean lololol) I reckon this may be it if my dad is willing to lend money. Plus I might go in to get my actual license soon too. Like tomorrow soon. XD

no rush :P i bought my bike and like a week later got my license :)

Danae
23rd May 2009, 18:16
Lol! My only time limit is how long the trademe listing is up for :shutup:

gavjn
23rd May 2009, 19:51
XD Haha sshh!

lol i say get ur licence 1st... otherwise ul ride the bike anyway... not good

Danae
24th May 2009, 19:58
Alrighty, doing my scratch n' win tomorrow! >D

macros87
25th May 2009, 19:18
Alrighty, doing my scratch n' win tomorrow! >D

so did you do it? how did it go?

Danae
26th May 2009, 01:38
ACED

Oh except for one question, damn I was sure I was right, this test is totally rigged

Slyer
26th May 2009, 09:15
Chooo chooo!

Phurrball
26th May 2009, 13:23
LOOOOL!

You didn't...

You defier of social conventions you!

SRSLY though - the degree of ambiguity in some of those questions must make it bloody hard for someone with English as a second language (Even if they have perfect comprehension of the road code)

Danae
26th May 2009, 19:58
Oh yes I did. XD

The lady even let me take a photo. Omg VTRs sound awesome, I saw one go by today. I've only ever seen them parked

Slyer
26th May 2009, 21:16
Vee-twinnage!

pocketcracker
26th May 2009, 21:37
HEy Boi's And Girl's YOU KNOW WHO U ARE ! HEHEHE .... :love:

Hows the greater dorkland area treating yas ... :Police:

Wasen't gonna say anything just steal a free posting ... :Punk:

But i gotta chuck my undies ..opps I mean 2cents in ... I have seen that bike around and from memory it the tidyest lil 150 i have seen in a long time. save ya peniez little grass hopper and hit him with a cash offer even if its Shy of the trademe listing mark ...

""" As in reality a bike is worth what 1 will pay """ :chase:

Now ill insert sumthing "INTELLIGENT" Here.. :doh:

:done:

motorbyclist
28th May 2009, 01:35
Oh yes I did. XD

The lady even let me take a photo. Omg VTRs sound awesome, I saw one go by today. I've only ever seen them parked

haha, you should've heard shaun's!

shingo
28th May 2009, 01:58
haha, you should've heard shaun's!

I miss that bike.

Have considered getting another one with a pipe on it in aus, but the heinous prices over here have shelved that idea.