PDA

View Full Version : Bucket LSR?

koba
16th April 2009, 13:30
Mnz have published proposed changes to the Land Speed Record rules.

In this proposal it has an extantion on the classes in both directions so if they do change it there will be a 50-100cc category added in both "Fuel" and "Normally Aspirated" categories and "standing" and "flying" events.
The under 50cc class was previously only recognised over the flying quarter but a standing category is also proposed.

Pete Sales currently holds the under 50cc flying record.

One factor to consider is the capacity limit is on the mark, unlike in buckets where it is a bit over to allow for rebores etc.

I have posted about this in the Racing forum with links to the relevant PDFs.
Have a look (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?p=2029511#post2029511)

nudemetalz
16th April 2009, 13:58
Unless you have a 50cc bucket you don't really have a hope with a bucket. 100/125 two-stokes are up against RS-125s and my 150 Loncin would be up against 250s (TZ's ?):dodge:

Would be fun to have a bucket class, ie F4 and F5.

koba
16th April 2009, 22:30
Unless you have a 50cc bucket you don't really have a hope with a bucket. 100/125 two-stokes are up against RS-125s and my 150 Loncin would be up against 250s (TZ's ?):dodge:

Would be fun to have a bucket class, ie F4 and F5.

I small four stroke engine is trying to push shit uphill competing against a 2 stroke anyway.
Thats the thing with the proposed changes, previously a 100 2 stroke bucket was up against an RS125 whereas if it is actually under 100cc it will be in a class of its own if the rules are changed...

Sideways Sam
18th April 2009, 20:59
I know an old guy in huntly who is really into this (he sometimes turns up in Mt Welly with a bucket).

He's got a full streamlined 125 pulling some crazy horsepower...... good luck catching it on a bucket......... he has been taking them down the south island and overseas for trials.

koba
19th April 2009, 17:21
I know an old guy in huntly who is really into this (he sometimes turns up in Mt Welly with a bucket).

He's got a full streamlined 125 pulling some crazy horsepower...... good luck catching it on a bucket......... he has been taking them down the south island and overseas for trials.

True.
Ivan Juggins holds the current NZ 125 record, its over 200kph...
The idea of doing it on a bucket relly only applies to 50 and 100cc two strokes.

Bren_chch
20th April 2009, 21:06
F5dave... the titles up for grabs! :woohoo: