PDA

View Full Version : KK's First Race/Big Weekend Write up

Kwaka-Kid
5th October 2003, 17:31
I Went, I Raced, I had Fun, and i learnt a fucking lot (not just about racing too)

A Really Big Thankyou to Si and Mitch.. Ive come out of this experience a very changed boy :niceone:

Racey Rider
5th October 2003, 18:42
Dear me KK, You must have changed, if thats all you've got to say about two days of racing!
What have you done to him guys??!! :confused2

wkid_one
5th October 2003, 19:23
 How did it go KK - I got as far as Pukerua Bay - traffic was shite and my arm hurt

bluninja
6th October 2003, 08:57
What an awesome tiring experience. I would say lots of nice things about KK, but it would embarass him. As for riding...a top 10 finish on the Saturday, and beating me and Ho Hoon on Sunday....pretty good start I'd say.

As for me....I'm am once again the Manfeild Mud Puppy:o

TTFN

wkid_one
6th October 2003, 09:02
You bloody fell again???  At the hairpin?

bikerboy
6th October 2003, 09:28
What a difference a year makes. :cool:

bluninja
6th October 2003, 10:17
I technically didn't fall. For the second race that day somebody fell right in front of me! This time they lost their front end on the right before the hairpin (been there done that) and spread bike and rider across the track. My only option (other than riding over bike or rider) was to take to the grass.....at the speed I was going there was not much chance of remaining upright. Mitch said it looked spectacular.

Still the race was red flagged due to the hail a few minutes later and the meeting was ended.

TTFN

wkid_one
6th October 2003, 10:45
Went to come up, waited for 1.5 hours at the Paramata Roundabout - only to be told once I'd moved 250 metres that the road was closed due to flooding.  Given my arm - I didn't want to drive the Akatarawa's and it would have been too long to go through the gorge.

Am pissed at Transit NZ - had there been signs up earlier - one could have gone the gorge way - but NOOOOOOOO - in the sublime words of Yoda - 'Wait until in traffic jame you are'.

Hoon
6th October 2003, 11:19
KK that is one sad write up not even worthy of being called a write up!  I guess you are hoping that the rest of us would fill in the blanks :)  However we'll give you a chance to redeem yourself now you've had a good sleep!

I can understand though, I got home unpacked and cleaned up, went up the road and pigged out at an all-you-can-eat place, came home, crashed out at about 8pm sleeping through NRL grand final :( 

And I only did one meet!

Hoon
6th October 2003, 11:32
F3 gridding up for the 2nd race.  KK, Blu and myself at the rear to give everyone else a chance :)

Kwaka-Kid
6th October 2003, 13:11
Like i said hoon, i came out of this weekend experience a changed boy :)   I really enjoyed the weekend and am thankful for the positions i got, mostly to my dad for setting up such a reliable and easy to ride bike -Thanks Nod-

Look forward to Taupo this coming sunday to help wear the right hand edge of my tyre.  Great to meet you finally Dave, and Duckman too.

wkid_one
6th October 2003, 13:40
Wot's all the fuss about on the front row?

gpercivl
6th October 2003, 13:49
Nice photo hoon, can I steal it for our website collection?? Anymore from F3 available?? I had fun...great to see the rest of you guys having fun out there...even Mitch on a borrowed bike after her engine blew on Friday.

Cheers, Greg (#79 now)

http://www.nohair.co.nz

Hoon
6th October 2003, 14:58
Yep sure you can.  I have a few others but they are pretty crap (was too lazy to walk any further than the hot dog stand).  You can steal that pic or PM me your email and I will send you the others.