PDA

View Full Version : Is KB getting too caried away?

dangerous
10th March 2005, 18:29
It seems to me that as KB grows in numbers, so does the non bike crap postings like 'your sexual habbits with your dog' or 'the simpsons' Ok.... now I know that some of you will say... dont read them then, but its not that easy as half of them are in the bike related threads.

As there seems to be less and less bike talk and more non bike crap the members that have been here for as long as me and longer seem to disapair I asume because they are becomming sick of the trend that is apairing.

Now I'm guilty of doing this too as I have been posting more lately than I have in a while, but senior members do seem to be getting quiter as they lose interest.

So what can we do about it?
IMHO here ia an idea, untill you become a senior member then your post numbers are resticted to x amount per week...... just an idea and feel free to tell me to piss off, but this forum is not the same forum as it used to be a year ago, and will only get worse as the member numbers rise.
What do you guys think? am I talking shit or is there something not right here?

WINJA
10th March 2005, 18:36
It seems to me that as KB grows in numbers, so does the non bike crap postings like 'your sexual habbits with your dog' or 'the simpsons' Ok.... now I know that some of you will say... dont read them then, but its not that easy as half of them are in the bike related threads.

As there seems to be less and less bike talk and more non bike crap the members that have been here for as long as me and longer seem to disapair I asume because they are becomming sick of the trend that is apairing.

Now I'm guilty of doing this too as I have been posting more lately than I have in a while, but senior members do seem to be getting quiter as they lose interest.

IMHO here ia an idea, untill you become a senior member then your post numbers are resticted to x amount per week...... just an idea and feel free to tell me to piss off, but this forum is not the same forum as it used to be a year ago, and will only get worse as the member numbers rise.
I DID SAY RECENTLY THAT ALL PEOPLE THAT DONT HAVE A BIKE OR AT LEAST A DAMAGED BIKE SHOULD LEAVE THIS SITE AND COME BACK WHEN THEIR ACTUALLY A BIKE RIDER , NOT A PILLION , NOT A DAD MUM OR BROTHER WITH A BIKE BUT THEIR OWN BIKE, IF SOME ONE HAS JUST RELIGIOUS VIEWS TO SHARE THEY SHOULD BE BANNED.

Big Dave
10th March 2005, 18:55
am I talking shit or is there something not right here?

Option 1
bd

Ms Piggy
10th March 2005, 18:58

I agree with ya D. Since being on holiday I noticed how many irrelevant posts there were about stuff that doesn't interest me. But, then again maybe it's the nature of the beast.

I'm back at Uni now with a very full on semester so I have been spending a lot less time on here anyway, but it does seem most of the postings are...well, lame.

Two Smoker
10th March 2005, 19:00
KB did go off at a tangent for a while (during the holidays) but i think it is back to being the same again (weird it became the same when WINJA was let back in lol)

Lets just keep the bike stuff flowing :niceone:

MOTOXXX
I DID SAY RECENTLY THAT ALL PEOPLE THAT DONT HAVE A BIKE OR AT LEAST A DAMAGED BIKE SHOULD LEAVE THIS SITE AND COME BACK WHEN THEIR ACTUALLY A BIKE RIDER

so if a kber has a damaged bike you cant come on here?

John
I always thought this site was for those who shared a common interest in bikes, and when they are bikeless they loose their marbles, their bikes are there only one love in life... and so forth.

But if this isnt the case... then this site must be for uptight buggers that wont stop complaining?...

dangerous
10th March 2005, 19:02
Option 1
bd
But Dave..... you havent been here all that long so you wouldent know what it was like a year ago.

I agree with ya D. But, then again maybe it's the nature of the beast.
very true, not something that you can prevent

WINJA
10th March 2005, 19:03
so if a kber has a damaged bike you cant come on here?
NOOOOO.... READ IT AGAIN , I SAY DAMAGED BIKES ARE STILL OK .A BIKE IS A BIKE AND YOU SHOULD BE HERE TO GET TIPS AND HELP AND FREE WELDING AND SUCH IF YOUR BIKE IS DAMAGED

Riff Raff
10th March 2005, 19:18
I admit I did my share of posting crap while I was injured - blame the complete mind-numbing boredom and painkillers and the occassional bit of alcimahol. But just in the last 2 months there has been an awful lot of crap posted and it's getting really tiresome sorting through it. I tended to keep my crap in just a few threads rather than starting a new thread every time I had an idea which seems to be the current trend.

crashe
10th March 2005, 19:22
Well I am guilty of starting a couple of threads...
on comp stuff not about bikes...
So if that has offended anyone.... then my apologies.
I shall try my hardest from doing it again.

:cool:

TonyB
10th March 2005, 19:47
I think you've got a point D. I assume someone is paying for the space this all takes up, and the bandwidth it requires to accomodate us all, so it must be getting expensive. I have probably started some threads that have nothing to do with bikes- honestly can't remember...hang on, yes I did, I asked what sort of car people recommended. So thats one at least.

I wonder sometimes if the rep points and post count thing doesn't have something to do with the amount of crap on here.

toads
10th March 2005, 19:56
I think you've got a point D. I assume someone is paying for the space this all takes up, and the bandwidth it requires to accomodate us all, so it must be getting expensive. I have probably started some threads that have nothing to do with bikes- honestly can't remember...hang on, yes I did, I asked what sort of car people recommended. So thats one at least.

I wonder sometimes if the rep points and post count thing doesn't have something to do with the amount of crap on here.

Yes I agree with you D, and you too tonyb, I think the focus has shifted from bikes and the common interest of them to site related stuff such as rep points, and general social stuff, which as csl puts it is the nature of the beast. I haven't been too bothered with kiwibikers lately cos of a lot of the crap being posted and it is a very different site compared to what it was when I first signed up, too many posts to sift through and a lot of threads that don't interest me in the least. I hate to think of the amount of server space we are taking up, especially when it is possible to read posts as far back as 2003.

Skunk
10th March 2005, 19:57
This has come up in another thread (here (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=9727) ).

How about a days of membership count instead - make it easy to see who's senior etc. I mean new arrivals can't tell who's been around for a while and mistake PTing for the real thingTM.
Not sure about the rep feature - misused by a few I think.It'll also 'not reward'TM people for posting heaps.

c4.
10th March 2005, 20:28
Personally, from a totally fresh POV, I think Flame Warrior has hijacked a potentially useful forum

Waylander
10th March 2005, 20:33
Maybe all this is my fault??

DarkNinja
10th March 2005, 20:43
Personally, from a totally fresh POV, I think Flame Warrior has hijacked a potentially useful forum
Yeah to be honest even though it points out a few people that deserve their titles, it was more fun to just know them by name etc etc. Hitcher especially, you have to watch out for him and his red editing font.

Indiana_Jones
10th March 2005, 20:47
I think people have gotten carried away with the flame warroir thing, myself included, though I'm starting to get better, but I've always tried to keep my crap in the off topic area, and my bike talk in the bike forums.

-Indy

jrandom
10th March 2005, 20:56

Bah. The Flame Warrior thing is a bit of fun, the fuss will die down in another week or two. It's not detracting from anything, and it provides a good opportunity for commentary and humourous self-analysis among forum members.

Indiana_Jones
10th March 2005, 20:57
Bah. The Flame Warrior thing is a bit of fun, the fuss will die down in another week or two. It's not detracting from anything, and it provides a good opportunity for commentary and humourous self-analysis among forum members.

I agree, It will die down, plus it is pretty funny :D

-Indy

Silage
10th March 2005, 21:32
What I have appreciated about this site in the few short months that I have been attending is the number of helpful suggestions and comments, the great humour, genuine caring about peoples' downers and reflections of personalities behind the facades. It has also been great to meet up with a few to put faces to the names.

However, the threads that start and end as PTs or are completely off topic are just tiresome and lessen my appreciation of the site and participants.

Then again, all my comments have been of a serious nature (just like this one (yawn)) so watch out I may start thawing soon :wari:

Fordy
10th March 2005, 23:04
Wasn't here a year ago, but this happens to all forums as the dynamic changes. The mcnninja forum tried removing post counts altogether, but then went back to post counts but only for posts within a 'Bike torque' section. 'Non-bike torque', 'Was that you' yada yada did not receive a count no matter how many posts you made. It cut down on the crap and kept a focus on the bikes, but it doesn't stop it changing.

FROSTY
10th March 2005, 23:19
yea Im in agreement with most of the above posts. So much complete and utter drivvel.
Ya know it used to be a really high post count was 8.5 now the top posters are posting 20 or more. I'm glad I aint alone isn being sick of all the shite.
1100 new post since last online --I mean gee willikers

inlinefour
11th March 2005, 00:46
After readin through the forums over a few night shifts I see that yes there are a number of thread not related to where they ahve been posted. In the past they ahve been redirected by admin (I believe) and I wonder if that is not happening anymore. Never the less, I had a wee bit of a rant:

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=9705

But at the end of the day, the more one carrys on about it, often the more it is carried on...

My theory is now, if yer dont like it, leave it the F alone.

moko
11th March 2005, 04:45

Seems to be a lot of stuff appearing that could be dealt with via pm,"Happy Birthday" threads for example.Could be a lot worse,I used to use a Brit site called Ridersite and it was full of people killing time at work "it`s raining today" for example,and that was a thread not a post in one.Forums change and evolve and another one I used to use quite a lot went through a phase of piss-taking making up 70% of it but now it`s mostly pretty serious stuff.Sometimes it`s seasonal,in the latter case a lot of the guys ride classics and dont use them all year round so basically in the winter the bike stuff tended to drop off then build up as Spring approached and their bikes were getting sorted ready for the rally season e.t.c.
I come on here and just pick threads that look interesting to me,dont have the time or inclination to trawl through all of it.

warren35
11th March 2005, 05:16

Amen bro.Yes i know i am new to this site but come here often,and only for the bike talk and info.Great site with lots of good posts but at times its hard to sieve through the crap to get to it.Keep hard all.

dangerous
11th March 2005, 05:22
What I have appreciated about this site is the number of helpful suggestions and comments, the great humour, genuine caring about peoples' downers and reflections of personalities behind the facades.
Very true Jimmie, and at a closer look those threads are still there just hiding away with all the extra posts which will happen as the site grows.
Thinking about it the extra threads seem to come more from the youngest members as the computer/internet is second nature to them unlike myself and the other big posters are those at work that seem to have very little to do.... once again unlike me, bugger it. :apint:

Seems to be a lot of stuff appearing that could be dealt with via pm,"Happy Birthday" threads for example.
Ohh.. bring that up today why dont ya :niceone: actually I dont regard these threads as crap as they are a means of showing apreasion in a personal way on KB

Zed
11th March 2005, 05:32
Ohh.. bring that up today why dont ya :niceone: actually I dont regard these threads as crap as they are a means of showing apreasion in a personal way on KBAgree with you entirely Mr D. Happy birthday btw, may it be an excellent day for you!

Zed :spudwave:

thehollowmen
11th March 2005, 06:00
Option 1
bd

B & D? I'll take that option :banana:

gav
11th March 2005, 06:05
Yip Happy Birthday D, so when does the new Guzzi arrive?
Do you guys get all new posts sent to your email? I don't bother, I just look through stuff, but don't bother checking every new post. Seems racing posts seem to get little interest? Should i bother posting this stuff or are people just not interested in it?

Slipstream
11th March 2005, 06:09
non bike crap postings like 'your sexual habbits with your dog'

I must have missed that thread...was it yours?

I think that you'll find a lot of the older members move on because their priorities change. Might not have enough money to keep internet going, racing, working, taking care of kids and studying. Or just because they need a break for a while.

I was bought into the biker world by my X. I felt (for a while) I couldn't wait to get away from all the talk about bikes. I mean everytime we had a party or someone came over, the conversations were about bikes. Now that he's "gone" I find myself talking to my non-biker friends about bike stuff...they just don't understand.
I like it here, cos I can learn stuff, I can have fun, I can meet like-minded people and it has a strong influence about bikes yet not 100% about bikes. I feel included in the biker community.
Even though I've been around bikes for about 7 years now, I still feel like a newbie and biker newbies can sometimes feel intimidated by ALL BIKE speak. "Yeah man I have reverse front forks", "Dude, I so high-sided, killed my 'busa and the fearings all shot". This place is like a learning ground for biker newbies to get their bearings. It's also a place where bikerless bikers can come and experienced (old ;) ) bikers can come and relive memories through the younger generations posts.

WE HAVE MODERATORS!
If they think it's a problem, let them delete the threads or posts that are irrelevent or whatever. SpankMe hasn't set any rules about non-bike related threads, infact, he even has stuck a special thread starter , specifically for non-bike stuff, called "Rave On" on the site. Does that give you a clue.

Don't get your panties all in a bunch.

BTW, This "Thread" is another one that has nothing to do with bikes and is also another "we're a biker forum, let's only talk about bikes" complaining thread. How long before someone else posts the exact same thing. Maybe we should have a complaing thread area. :rolleyes:

That is all.

Coyote
11th March 2005, 06:20
Maybe all this is my fault??
Hey, the perfect scapegoat!

I'ld like to think most of my posts are related to the thread, and if not, at least they're not offensive

duckman
11th March 2005, 09:04
There certainly has been an increase in "non-bike related material" on the site but I think thats bound to happen as the number of members increase.

Information on this site is split up into topic catergories so it's easy enough to ignore the shite and read the bits you like.

And lets be honest, some days you ARE looking for some humour... mostly Fridays ... Mostly.

Hmmmmm Fridays .... :apint:

**R1**
11th March 2005, 10:45
HHHMMMMM well im quite new to the site, and i like it...i dont realy contribute anything of any use, but i have been on a few rides now with a lot of KB members....so from that side of things it was worth signing up.......u'r right there is some utter shit posted on here but apart from the "can i shag my dog"thread started by RlT@lIN most of it has at least one funny post....personaly i cant be bothered getting too serious on here...I have noticed the serious threads asking for help and advice seem to be left alone buy us shit talkers......well thats my nobe 2cents worth...

Paul in NZ
11th March 2005, 11:01
Kinda depends...

This is a forum for motocyclists. Motorcyclists don't ride all the time, sometimes they stop and hook up to the interweb thingy.

It could be all about bikes... Or it could be like a virtual rally fire where you all gather about and talk a load of old toot while progressively killing off your liver and brain cells...

Anyway... Some non bike stuff is healthy, too much is not. Where to set the line? Thats the question....

Paul N

Big Dave
11th March 2005, 11:28
But Dave..... you havent been here all that long so you wouldent know what it was like a year ago.

Actually I lurked for a longer time, and when it became more diverse, decided to play.
Like all the bike forums i'm on - the off topic sections are my favourite - different strokes you know - don't bust a valve over it.

bd

bikerboy
11th March 2005, 15:39
I think that you'll find a lot of the older members move on because their priorities change. Might not have enough money to keep internet going, racing, working, taking care of kids and studying. Or just because they need a break for a while.
That is all.

OR perhaps D is right..................it certainly isn't the same place. :whocares:

GNR
11th March 2005, 20:11
so scince im don't have a bike i can't post here

even tho im lookin at getting one, and askin lots of BIKE RELATED questions about them so i get an idea of what im in for,
as others have said, its a site for people with a common intrest, I doubt there would be anyone on here who hates or is not intrested in bikes

John
11th March 2005, 20:23

even tho im lookin at getting one, and askin lots of BIKE RELATED questions about them so i get an idea of what im in for,
as others have said, its a site for people with a common intrest, I doubt there would be anyone on here who hates or is not intrested in bikes
dont worry new bikers/soon to be and all others are welcome - no distinctions are made between riders/non-riders (maybe the ducatis...pt).

But seriously, this happens on all forums, the more you talk about it the worse it gets - then everyone thinks arghh fugit and pisses off and just comes back everyso often.

Even though our lives revolve around bikes, doesnt mean that we dont like to chat about various other topics, myself I consider it as a healthy act.

I have not being here long - but I love it and wont leave anytime soon.

Zed
11th March 2005, 20:28

as others have said, its a site for people with a common intrest, I doubt there would be anyone on here who hates or is not intrested in bikesMake yourself at home GNR! Anyone (that KB noob WINJA specifically) who says that bikeless people or even non-riders are not welcome here is living in a dreamworld where they make the rules...don't be put off by them turkeys okay! :niceone:

dangerous
11th March 2005, 21:02
Of course you can... that remark from winja was stupid....... a major part of KB is helping folk like you out.

Yip Happy Birthday D

Agree with you entirely Mr D. Happy birthday btw, may it be an excellent day for you!

Zed :spudwave:
cheers guys :niceone:

dangerous
11th March 2005, 21:21
IWE HAVE MODERATORS!
If they think it's a problem, let them delete the threads or posts that are irrelevent or whatever. SpankMe hasn't set any rules about non-bike related threads, infact, he even has stuck a special thread starter , specifically for non-bike stuff, called "Rave On" on the site. Does that give you a clue.

BTW, This "Thread" is another one that has nothing to do with bikes and is also another "we're a biker forum, let's only talk about bikes" complaining thread. How long before someone else posts the exact same thing. Maybe we should have a complaing thread area. :rolleyes:

That is all.
Hey now come on you..... stop complaining :niceone:
Slipstream, the 1st half of your post was very well writen, I agree with ya there, but the 2nd half (quoted above) isent so much..... now may be you are taking the piss there, calling my bluff... as thats what I was doing in the 1st post...... just testing the water to see what people thought.... so please dont worry about my panties bunching... unless they are yours :confused:

don't bust a valve over it.
Ummm mate never intended on that happening, in fact the thread was to hear what people thought on thre subject......... all very interesting.

Option 1
bd
:done:

MadDuck
11th March 2005, 21:22
I have to agree with ya D. I been here for what seems an age. I have read and watched the posts and learnt HEAPS. Had some good advice and some crap advice (thanks Dan) but thats what opinions are all about.

I guess it is basically that - opinions are opinions. We read a lot in our lives and filter out the crap and take on board the stuff that matters to us at the time. I have had some awesome times with KBers and although have not made as many friends as if I was a bloke it is so cool to get a wave and a smile from a KBer.

HIGHLIGHTS: Seeing MR do his first race at Taupo. Albeit very sore! My first KB ride ..got lost after 15 mins. Seeing the racing guys on KB come up through the ranks is great. Frostys first return to racing - OMG that was slow! Vagabond losing it but getting back on a bike after breaking his back (ok edited). Death and his wheelies, Draco now thats a chick who knows how to ride. And Zed the one I used to torment getting back on a bike. Yes the more members join the more crap we will have to endure..but would you wanna restrict the crap on the forums when maybe we just might meet some cool people?

If we can syphon off the shit and see the good..we win !

GNR
12th March 2005, 12:29
oh im not getting worried :D, im just makin a point to the person who said that,

Actually, on another forum i go on, www.nzicemag.co.nz, there has been the same problem, but its a smaller forum, so its not so bad.,

gav
12th March 2005, 18:02
How about invite only for new members? Would this work? What do you reckon?

inlinefour
12th March 2005, 20:14
I must have missed that thread...was it yours?

I was bought into the biker world by my X. I felt (for a while) I couldn't wait to get away from all the talk about bikes. I mean everytime we had a party or someone came over, the conversations were about bikes. Now that he's "gone" I find myself talking to my non-biker friends about bike stuff...they just don't understand.
I like it here, cos I can learn stuff, I can have fun, I can meet like-minded people and it has a strong influence about bikes yet not 100% about bikes. I feel included in the biker community.
Even though I've been around bikes for about 7 years now, I still feel like a newbie and biker newbies can sometimes feel intimidated by ALL BIKE speak. "Yeah man I have reverse front forks", "Dude, I so high-sided, killed my 'busa and the fearings all shot". This place is like a learning ground for biker newbies to get their bearings. It's also a place where bikerless bikers can come and experienced (old ;) ) bikers can come and relive memories through the younger generations posts.

WE HAVE MODERATORS!

That is all.

Point taken :niceone:

GNR
13th March 2005, 13:02
best thing you could prob do, split up the forums in 2 parts, Just strikley bikes questions, no off topic,

and other section, just whatever, forums do become an ass when the get to big

Sniper
13th March 2005, 14:26
Crap talk I?.................... Never

Wolf
13th March 2005, 14:26
I'm only a relative n00b to these forums but so far I have seen a lot of great stuff posted. Sure, there's piss-takes and off-topic ramblings (even within the bike threads) but that's part of being a community - you get to know each other, you start giving each other shit and you talk crap occasionally.

However, I have seen support rallied for a couple of strangers who were injured by a dumb-arse who can't operate a radio without taking his eyes off the road, requests for advice and help answered, people notified to look out for stolen bikes, bike meets arranged and a lot of other really good stuff.

FWIW I think this is a great site, there are areas set up for off-topic rambling, such as Rave On and lots of great areas for different facets of riding and different "Special Interest" areas (such as the Cruisers sub-forum), making it easy to improve the signal to noise ratio - if it's something I'm not into or know SFA about, I stay out of that forum and I don't have to wade through a pile of posts about "port and polishing 1 litre Yamahas" or "Harley Accessories" - neither of which I know anything about - to find things that interest me or would help me with my riding or my bike etc.

Later, if I get into other things or want specialist knowledge about other bikes, I at least know where I can find what I need to know.

Coyote
13th March 2005, 14:41
I'm only a relative n00b to these forums but so far I have seen a lot of great stuff posted. Sure, there's piss-takes and off-topic ramblings (even within the bike threads) but that's part of being a community - you get to know each other, you start giving each other shit and you talk crap occasionally.

However, I have seen support rallied for a couple of strangers who were injured by a dumb-arse who can't operate a radio without taking his eyes off the road, requests for advice and help answered, people notified to look out for stolen bikes, bike meets arranged and a lot of other really good stuff.

FWIW I think this is a great site, there are areas set up for off-topic rambling, such as Rave On and lots of great areas for different facets of riding and different "Special Interest" areas (such as the Cruisers sub-forum), making it easy to improve the signal to noise ratio - if it's something I'm not into or know SFA about, I stay out of that forum and I don't have to wade through a pile of posts about "port and polishing 1 litre Yamahas" or "Harley Accessories" - neither of which I know anything about - to find things that interest me or would help me with my riding or my bike etc.

Later, if I get into other things or want specialist knowledge about other bikes, I at least know where I can find what I need to know.
Yeah, what he said

Biff
13th March 2005, 15:02
Bikers are a diverse bunch and come from a wide range of backgrounds. They also own their own set of interests and like to waffle on about all manner of things. Just imagine this place as a cyber pub - we all share a mutual interest in bikes, but we also share other interests, or at least opinions on topics as wide ranging as politics, sex, drugs etc etc.

As such I believe that it would be absolutely devastating for this site if we only stuck to bike talk (I’m not saying that’s your angle D). I mean, lets be honest, how many of us at least flick to the Rave On section on the off chance that there may be a decent joke, amusing anecdote, personal story and so on?

I've been a member of numerous forums over the years, and I must say that this one probably contains less crap than most if not all of the rest.

I do have my gripes though. Top of the list is people that forever post non-biking related dross in the General Biking section. This happens almost daily and really pi$$es me off. I mean how difficult is it to post in the correct section? Secondly anti cop shit gets on my tits. It's been done a million times and nobody has anything new to say. Granted if there's an interesting development or worthy news item then sure, post it. Up there with my pet hates are personal insults. It’s generally cowards hiding behind a PC screen that post this crap. They’d probably never dream of saying the crap they do when standing toe to toe with the intended recipient. If you wouldn’t say it to someone’s face, don’t say it here.

I honestly believe that what we need here is more aggressive moderating. Blakiman does a great job, a thankless job, but I think that the time may have come for us all to consider possibly nominating individual moderators for the Rave On section as well as the other sections, and for the rules to be rigidly enforced. Particularly as this site appears to be expanding considerably and the work load of the moderators is grwoing as a consequence.

There is a lot of crap currently sitting on the KB server. I’ve no doubt about that. There is also a constant stream of really crap threads that are indeed a waste of bandwidth and server storage. The difficulty is how to define was is crap and what isn’t? Some of the shit that’s been in the Rave On section, in IMO is not worthy of server space. On the other hand they’ve received a large number of responses from fellow KBers. So maybe I’m a bit of a snob?

The new sub-section to Rave On is a good start, I say let’s see how this works out. Maybe some people here will get the idea that they’re posting shit when their thread is moved here and learn a lesson. A lesson that says, in general, while these sorts of posts are currently accepted, they are not necessarily welcomed by the majority? Hopefully in time this may help to reduce the dross?

I'm no angel mind you. I post some questionable stuff on here from time to time. But then again I hope that it's topical, funny or bike related at least.

Sniper
13th March 2005, 15:26
Man, some of you guys write so much, its hard to read

Coyote
13th March 2005, 15:49
Man, some of you guys write so much, its hard to read
Same here, limited attention span

Sniper
14th March 2005, 06:25
Same here, limited attention span

Shit yes, so what were we talking about again. Oh yea...... Booze :apint:

Ms Piggy
14th March 2005, 06:41
The new sub-section to Rave On is a good start,
It's not actually a new section - it's always been there it's just some people choose to/accidentally post in the wrong place.

I think it's just the way it is, I believe we had this discussion once before. Basically I'm VERY grateful to Spank Me for the site & all the most excellent people I've met through it. All the absolute shite thats posted is just 1 of those things.

Biff
14th March 2005, 11:52
It's not actually a new section - it's always been there it's just some people choose to/accidentally post in the wrong place.

What? The 'Pointless Drivel' sub-section to 'Rave On'?

Sniper
14th March 2005, 13:39

Boooooooorrrrrrrrrring

ManDownUnder
14th March 2005, 13:52
I DID SAY RECENTLY THAT ALL PEOPLE THAT DONT HAVE A BIKE OR AT LEAST A DAMAGED BIKE SHOULD LEAVE THIS SITE AND COME BACK WHEN THEIR ACTUALLY A BIKE RIDER , NOT A PILLION , NOT A DAD MUM OR BROTHER WITH A BIKE BUT THEIR OWN BIKE, IF SOME ONE HAS JUST RELIGIOUS VIEWS TO SHARE THEY SHOULD BE BANNED.

Brilliant - that way we can keep anyone with just an interest in bikes out - that'll teach them...

... or not...

how would you EVER enforce that? Everyone needs to have SpankMe visit them at home to see their bike in the shed, their licence and the reg papers?

Nup.

Wolf
14th March 2005, 15:24
Anyone else notice that most the threads in that were started by R|T@L|N? :p

Sniper
14th March 2005, 15:40
Anyone else notice that most the threads in that were started by R|T@L|N? :p

Yep, did happen to notice. Anybody seen him around??

Biff
14th March 2005, 20:07
Boooooooorrrrrrrrrring

What is? What do you mean by that?

Ms Piggy
14th March 2005, 20:10
Ohhhhh - apologies Biff Baff, I didn't notice that until today. Yeah thats a good idea.