PDA

View Full Version : BMRC Discussion

gav
17th April 2009, 22:01
OK lets start again ....:calm:
Any BMRC news, questions, topics please add to in here.

dangerous
18th April 2009, 08:12
The Bucket Racing Motorcycle Racing club is a Canterbury based club for F4 and F5 racers.
Anyone with questions about joining or BMRC related post away. :2thumbsup

Muzzab
20th April 2009, 20:15
Hey Dangerous,

Murray here from the coast.

For the winter series do the BEARS guys do day licences for buckets?
I was having a look at their Website but apart from the date and saying sign on on the day there is not a lot of info.
Would hate to come across and not be able to get into the fun due to licence issues.

Cheers
Muzza :wacko:

timg
20th April 2009, 20:32
Yep, day licences $25 from memory. Cheers.

dangerous
20th April 2009, 20:58
Hey Dangerous,

Murray here from the coast.

For the winter series do the BEARS guys do day licences for buckets?
I was having a look at their Website but apart from the date and saying sign on on the day there is not a lot of info.
Would hate to come across and not be able to get into the fun due to licence issues.

Cheers
Muzza :wacko:

yeah mate as TimG says day licences are avaible at BEARs meets.
Now if you are considering these meets you might want to join our club and be in for a trophy at the end of the year etc, get regular emails and acess to the web site. Also if you can see your self doing at least 3 meets (includes MCC and CAM meets) it would pay to get a MNZ licence, get 3 stamps and you will be able to race at Greymouth street meet.

GOOOOOOOOooooooooooo tickled Pink :scooter:

phoenixgtr
20th April 2009, 21:08
Regular emails? I haven't had one yet! :bleh:

dangerous
20th April 2009, 21:23
Regular emails? I haven't had one yet! :bleh: ohh ummm, yeah sorry I havent recieved ya membership form yet the carrier pigon flew the wrong way, p/m me ya email addy and ill add it asap.

Muzzab
21st April 2009, 20:00
yeah mate as TimG says day licences are avaible at BEARs meets.
Now if you are considering these meets you might want to join our club and be in for a trophy at the end of the year etc, get regular emails and acess to the web site. Also if you can see your self doing at least 3 meets (includes MCC and CAM meets) it would pay to get a MNZ licence, get 3 stamps and you will be able to race at Greymouth street meet.

GOOOOOOOOooooooooooo tickled Pink :scooter:
Thanks for that, I was going to check you out re joining the CHCh Bucket Club. I just found out from MNZ to get a full licence I need to be a member of a racing club, so count me in.
As for Tickled Pink I am busy adding bits at the moment (I know race bikes are supposed to have bits taken off!) but I brought another RX125 for bits
and keep finding bits to put on. It may not be fast, but it will be cool.
Cheers Muzza (need to go back out in the shed and put the front end back on :0)

dangerous
21st April 2009, 20:40
Thanks for that, I was going to check you out re joining the CHCh Bucket Club. I just found out from MNZ to get a full licence I need to be a member of a racing club, so count me in.Sorry but you need to belong to a MNZ afileated club, the BMRC is not we are a social club only.
can I reconmend:
CAM's
BEAR's
MCC

timg
21st April 2009, 21:40
but it will be cool.
So...... where's the picturegraphs? :doh::msn-wink:

Muzzab
22nd April 2009, 17:08
So...... where's the picturegraphs? :doh::msn-wink:
Still a work in progress, hopefully will be sorted over the weekend.

Muzzab
22nd April 2009, 17:13
OK, thanks for that, still keen to join BMRC (I do social).
The licencing thing is for the street races so will check out CAM's BEARS
and MCC. Thanks for the tip.

Kickaha
13th May 2009, 20:51
I have a few issues that I feel need to be raised:

Issue 1
Recently we held elections for the post of President, this was done by email.

Sunday 2nd of May the original mail was sent notifying us who was standing for the position, and one week was given before voting was closed.

Neither Candidate gave anyone any info on what they would bring to the BMRC, and as a result of that I believe the election was done more on popularity or people voting for their friends, rather than being based on what that person would bring to the club.

No information was given on who put forward the nominations for each candidate and whether they were seconded.

No information has been given on how many votes were cast for each candidate.

I would also like to know who counted the votes and who checked the counts.

Issue 2
This morning an email was sent to the club mailing list by the ex President in which another member was accused and I quote "someone and I suspect it is Brendan has been changing things on the site around, this is savatarge and I am not happy about it."

I believe the website and email list should be used for official BMRC business and not for individual members to take their personal grievances out on other members.

I would like to know why the website and more specifically the mailing list was made available to someone who has continued to show a lack of restraint in his communication with others?

I believe his actions in this matter and others bring this club into disrepute and if it continues I believe his membership should be terminated.

Issue 3
Current Bucket classes, I suggest the current class structure is revamped and we go back to Superbucket and Proddy Bucket. (This removes any dispute with frame eligibility for Motofxr as well.) At the moment it appears any minority group can have a class and a trophy. I feel if you want a Trophy either learn to ride or buy a faster bike.

Issue 4
Club membership numbers and again I quote the ex President “I hope this would not be the case after all the work I have done to take a club of 14 up to 67 members.”

When I started buckets several years before the ex President there were considerably more than 14 racing and to take the credit for such an increase belittles the efforts put in by other members such as Yow Ling and TonyMac who have supplied a considerable amount of current racers with their FXRs and contributed a lot of growth in club numbers.

I also believe that the social networking of KB and Bren_Chch’s Visordown has also contributed largely to the increase in members.

Once again the official BRMC communication lines should not be used for personal unsubstantiated grand standing.

gav
13th May 2009, 22:00
Can't argue with any of that, why do we not have an AGM? And if we do, why are the officers not elected there? Is there an Income & Expenditure printed up to show how financial the club is and where the money goes? Profit and Loss from BoB?
According to the BMRC website we have 6 classes!

Superbuckets
Production
Classic Super F4
MotoFXR
Womans
F5

Good stuff Kick, not sure if KB the right place for it though, but will get plenty of exposure.

TonyB
13th May 2009, 22:01
Definitely some valid points in there Kickaha.

I would like to suggest that some of these matters should be addressed at a BRMC meeting, rather than aired out in public.

Edit...better pay my subs ;)

Rashika
13th May 2009, 22:03
Point of fact:
1. when were you last a paid up member of the Club Kickaha?

2. How much help have you given or offered over the last couple of years to the club? e.g. BOB etc

When you do either of the above you are entitled to an opinion.

And FFS get a life and stop shitstirring.

dangerous
13th May 2009, 22:09

Issue 1
Issue 2
Issue 3
Issue 4.

Ummm... this is a wind up right?

1) what would you prefure the way in which I was made pressie... I was simply told Im it.
I for one would be more than happy for a re vote.
What info do you want?
I did all the telling up, your problem If you dont trust me.

2) The two in charge of the BMRC asure me they did not lock me out of the site (by changing the pass word) there is only one person that can do thet, the site suplyer Brendan, he has no right what so ever to tamper with any thing, we pay him over 2 hundred a year for the site.

termiate my membership... LMFAO and you are?

3)yip sure would be easier

4)just as imature comment as the above... I alone could never raise the club to what it is now, big thanks to TonyM other web sites, basicly the list is endliss.

"once again" if the site wasnt tampered with and wrongfull propergander sent out, there would have been no need for it. I will allways defend my self.

Buddha#81
13th May 2009, 22:13
oh fook this again........start her up again Gav.

All partys need to sort this out off line not on here!

dangerous
13th May 2009, 22:13
Can't argue with any of that, why do we not have an AGM? And if we do, why are the officers not elected there? Is there an Income & Expenditure printed up to show how financial the club is and where the money goes? Profit and Loss from BoB?

AGM is at the end of year BBQ... you never chose to show.
As Brent C stood down from Pres, we needed a new pres now... not in 7 months.
yes had you ever showen up at the AGM you would see such info.
dont bitch if ya dont show...

I cant be bothered with any more ill informed comments, so I will not be responding... got a problem with me, show ya face.

gav
13th May 2009, 22:40
OK the date finalised for the last AGM/BBQ was settled with about a weeks notice, unfortunately I was called in to work that Sunday to cover staffing. With a bit more warning I may've been able to make other plans. The previous year I think was playing representitive golf. Maybe a mail out of the info to all financial members who can't attend, could be in order in future?

PS. if you don't mind a bit of advertising around the website, there are plenty of free websites that include a forum attached.

Bren_chch
13th May 2009, 23:30
2) The two in charge of the BMRC asure me they did not lock me out of the site (by changing the pass word) there is only one person that can do thet, the site suplyer Brendan, he has no right what so ever to tamper with any thing, we pay him over 2 hundred a year for the site.

BUT WAIT, there is more!!!

Hi *******... no what it has to do with is Brens problem with me, he has baned me from the bmrc site, removed me from the commitee and changed wording around with out the consent of TonY M or Lou... we pay him hundreds a year for the site he has no right to enter the admin side, and ill also say last week he declined a position on the commitee.

he is playing a game thats what he does, yes I played for a while but now I have had enough.

DD

My reply to DD (dangerous)

I have not banned anyone from the bucket website, but yes I did change the admin password because someone has been changing the content without permission from the president who i add was notified of the new access details.
I have never edited the bucket website unless I have been asked to.
I never removed Darryl from the committee list, in fact I didn’t even know there was one on the website.
The Bucket Club pay $200 a year (thats $3.84 a week) for Hosting fees, i donate use of a website that I often develop free of charge, including the latest feature of a gallery, and I’ll think you will find that I actually have every right to enter the admin section because i own the site but again i repeat have donated it to the club for use. The club simply pays for the hosting fees, so yet again you have no idea of the facts.
I declined a position on the committee so I didn’t have to deal with Dangerous

I think it’s actually you Darryl that is playing the game. You just can’t help yourself and I also think it’s you who changed the wording and did the other changes without consent. I have only ever tried to help the club in any way I can, you seem to only help in a way that helps you. You've dug a hole so deep you now need more and more dribble to try and get out, but it wont work!

This is all over the Visordown 'thing' and your personal issues towards me and what MY choices have been... I tried to break the ice with you at the latest event, i waved over and said hello when you were looking right at me after race 1, you just turned your head away and looked at the floor ignoring me. If thats how you want to be then so be it. You are the one who has created this problem that has grown out of control, you have nobody else to blame!

gav
13th May 2009, 23:44
Quote from Dangerous
I cant be bothered with any more ill informed comments, so I will not be responding... got a problem with me, show ya face.

OK, maybe its time this was closed, otherwise this is going to turn into another slagging match.

gav
14th May 2009, 20:26
OK, have had a couple of requests for this thread to be reopened. Please keep it clean, it will be moderated accordingly .....

Yow Ling
14th May 2009, 20:53
ok so who changed the fxr frame rule?

"FXR frames will be alowd with FXR engines"

looks to be hacked in a dialect of dangerese to me

Kickaha
14th May 2009, 21:15
Point of fact:

2. How much help have you given or offered over the last couple of years to the club? e.g. BOB etc

And FFS get a life and stop shitstirring.I'm actually a bit disappointed in your reply as you're intelligent enough to come up with a far better response than that, and actually address the issues I raised rather than divert attention from them.

As it is what you've said isn't really relevant to the items I put up for discussion but I'll reply to them anyway.

1) As of Sunday I am a paid up member. However the last time (2007) I wanted to pay for my membership dangerous told me not to bother as I was not doing the full series, but that he would leave me on the email list.

2) I haven't, nor am I likely to offer, I have been on committees with other clubs and as with all clubs 95% of the work is done by 5% of the members, and I don't intend to place myself in that position again. That doesn’t mean I am not grateful for the work the committee and President do, or that I would refuse to help if asked.

None of this was intended to shitstir, my personal opinion is that these were topics that needed to be discussed.

Ummm... this is a wind up right? No it isn't, that is not an excuse I use .

1) what would you prefure the way in which I was made pressie... I was simply told Im it.
I for one would be more than happy for a re vote.
What info do you want?
I did all the telling up, your problem If you dont trust me. In your case there was only one nomination so no vote was required.

Nor am I asking for a revote, just with two candidates it would have been nice to have more time for both candidates to tell us what they would bring to the club before the voting was done.

2) The two in charge of the BMRC asure me they did not lock me out of the site (by changing the pass word) there is only one person that can do thet, the site suplyer Brendan, he has no right what so ever to tamper with any thing, we pay him over 2 hundred a year for the site.My understanding is you were only locked out after using the BMRC group email to send the email which named Brendan as "sabotaging the site".

termiate my membership... LMFAO and you are?Not my decision to make, but in a more formal club that would be the kind of penalty you could expect.

Which is another topic in itself, does the BMRC have a written constitution?

4)just as imature comment as the above... I alone could never raise the club to what it is now, big thanks to TonyM other web sites, basicly the list is endliss.Yet you've claimed by yourself on more than one occasion to have been responsible for the growth in club members only back pedalling when someone has pointed out it wasn't just you.

"once again" if the site wasnt tampered with and wrongfull propergander sent out, there would have been no need for it. I will allways defend my self.What tampering was done to the site? And what wrongful propaganda was sent out?

AGM is at the end of year BBQ... you never chose to show.
As Brent C stood down from Pres, we needed a new pres now... not in 7 months.
yes had you ever showen up at the AGM you would see such info.
dont bitch if ya dont show...
I think the AGM should be held at the last round of the winter series, which would ensure the maximum number of members present and would allow a settling in period for the new President/committee before the next seasons racing.

gav
14th May 2009, 21:48
ok so who changed the fxr frame rule?

"FXR frames will be alowd with FXR engines"

looks to be hacked in a dialect of dangerese to me

Exactly, I emailed Dangerous and asked him this;
Are you saying you havent changed any of the new write up regarding new rules etc?

His reply
correct I have not changed any thing, I did add the points last sunday then bren shut me out, hes playing a game I cant be bothered with.

:sherlock:

gav
14th May 2009, 23:08
Another issue regarding the email Dangerous sent out.
In fact non FXR frames have never been allowd Gwende's never scored points when she had the RZ-fxr and neither did Gav

Last year Mike S GOT points because he was on a FXR framed bike this year like Brendan he will not.
The rules were updated but not changed recently (over a month back)

This is incorrect, my RZ-FXR scored points in all of the 2008 MotoFXR races in was entered in, as can be seen here.

MotoFXR 2008 points
27 Gav Menting 08/06, 07/06, 07/06, 08/07, 05/05 06/05 -76

I switched over to an FXR frame part way through the 2008 season.
I'm pretty sure Mike raced and scored points with his TZR framed FXR as well.

Bren_chch
14th May 2009, 23:13
Exactly, I emailed Dangerous and asked him this;
Are you saying you havent changed any of the new write up regarding new rules etc?

His reply
correct I have not changed any thing, I did add the points last sunday then bren shut me out, hes playing a game I cant be bothered with.

:sherlock:

So he says he didn't change anything "I did add the points last Sunday". Well in my defence your honour that is not true because he, being dangerous… on the night of Monday was playing with his points, I know this because the president mentioned to me that Dangerous thought it was funny to add 100 points to his name for round 1, he also did not remove them until Tuesday despite the president asking for them to be removed shortly after he added them on Monday. President = "Darryl has added 100 points to his name, I have asked him to remove them but he is just laughing at me and ignoring my request. I don't want to alienate him but can you block his access if he continues to mess with the site in this way?"

Then Tuesday he sent out an email using the clubs mail list. What else is he forgetting to mention?

k14
15th May 2009, 07:38
Point of fact:

And FFS get a life and stop shitstirring.
Sorry R but Kickaha does bring up some very valid points. Yes he and D have not seen eye to eye on many occasions but I think the mere fact that myself and many others (see in the thread) agree with him is proof that he isn't "shitstirring".

Now this has been a very ugly and disappointing chain of events and regardless if bren changed the website (of which the evidence is indeed very thin if there is any at all) D went about it the completely wrong way. Someone in his position should know better than that. He totally abused his powers sending out completly unverified allegations against someone who has done a lot for the club and still thinks he has done nothing wrong. I am the first to admit that D has done a heap for the club and myself along with many others are very grateful for his time and effort, but with the actions of the last few days he has (IMO) lost alot of the respect he has built up over the last few years.

I think it is mostly petered out for now but in future D needs to take a few deep breaths and engage that thing between his ears before he starts shooting off allegations left, right and centre. The new pres is settling in now and I trust she will deal with the episode in due course and make an informed and clear headed decision.

Thats my 2c anyway :niceone:

Buddha#81
15th May 2009, 08:01
Sorry R but Kickaha does bring up some very valid points. Yes he and D have not seen eye to eye on many occasions but I think the mere fact that myself and many others (see in the thread) agree with him is proof that he isn't "shitstirring".

Now this has been a very ugly and disappointing chain of events and regardless if bren changed the website (of which the evidence is indeed very thin if there is any at all) D went about it the completely wrong way. Someone in his position should know better than that. He totally abused his powers sending out completly unverified allegations against someone who has done a lot for the club and still thinks he has done nothing wrong. I am the first to admit that D has done a heap for the club and myself along with many others are very grateful for his time and effort, but with the actions of the last few days he has (IMO) lost alot of the respect he has built up over the last few years.

I think it is mostly petered out for now but in future D needs to take a few deep breaths and engage that thing between his ears before he starts shooting off allegations left, right and centre. The new pres is settling in now and I trust she will deal with the episode in due course and make an informed and clear headed decision.

Thats my 2c anyway :niceone:

Well said from someone so young.........much what I was thinking.
As a Ex Pressy, I was all for only having one class being F4 run under MNZ rules (peer pressure made the proddys be included). This wouldnt have stopped the lovers tiff between members but most of this shit slinging would have been eliminated, or they would argue about something else?

I'm still for KISS and why have a F5 class with one bike, any one got a 50? If so, you're are in for a good championship placing. Lets ditch all the BS classes run under the Labour Govt and have one or two classes that are controlled be MNZ rules. If ya not fast enough to win, get faster. This is the real world we carn't all be winners.

AS for D and Bren you to need your heads smacked togeather, all this shit slinging makes the chch bucket sceen look like Shortland Street. You are/were mates and have helped each other recently which has been forgotten, you both are driving a wedge through the club which is not healthy. Give each other a hug and lets get on with what we love.....racing booquets. From what I understand Bren is happy to put it behind him (Last Sunday), you two get togeather and sort ya shit!

A Ex Headmaster

gav
15th May 2009, 08:39
A couple of well worded and thought out posts right there, thanks for taking the time and effort guys.

ajturbo
15th May 2009, 09:03
got a problem with me, show ya face.

this do??:jerry:

Bren_chch
15th May 2009, 10:02
all this shit slinging makes the chch bucket sceen look like Shortland Street.

A Ex Headmaster

Ratings will be thru the roof then! :niceone:

k14
15th May 2009, 10:04
I'm still for KISS and why have a F5 class with one bike, any one got a 50? If so, you're are in for a good championship placing. Lets ditch all the BS classes run under the Labour Govt and have one or two classes that are controlled be MNZ rules. If ya not fast enough to win, get faster. This is the real world we carn't all be winners.
Totally agree with that one!!! This is a sport and there should be winners and loosers. As it's been said, if you want to win learn to ride faster or get a better bike (yes a bit blunt but no other way to put it). I can see why some of the newer riders who know they will never be able to compete with the front of the pack want to have their own class to give them some sense of achivement but not everyone can win. Focus more on the fun aspect and the serious guys get a small reward for winning overall and be done with that :niceone:

Skunk
15th May 2009, 10:23
With your track and in the interests of simple rules you should stick to F4 - IMAO (A for 'awesome').

You can still give prizes for best stock, best FXR etc, but run one class.

gav
15th May 2009, 11:11
Well, all the bikes run on the track at once, we don't have split races for each class. Its just way the points are tallied for seperate classes after, and how the rules have been changed by "apparently" no one :doh: :Police:

Skunk
15th May 2009, 11:46
I was more referring to having separate rules for each prizegetter. I have a trophy sitting in my garage for 'worst engineered bucket'. It's not mine either - but someone will be the lucky recipient at the end of the year. Best placed Backbone chassis, Best placed stock, Best placed Twin spar, these are all options. Gives the also-rans like me something to aim for while falling short of the secondary goal. The main goal is to have fun.

cmac
15th May 2009, 14:07
I am relatively new to the BMRC (7 months) and feel I must comment, so here goes....

When I got involved with bucket racing one of the things that really impressed me was the people involved. The people I met were friendly, helpful and passionate about racing. If I wanted help or advice, I only needed to ask. It seemed to me that things were extremely competitive on the track, but in the pits it was a very different story - everyone got on and would do whatever was needed to help other riders. There was a lot of ribbing and teasing - all in a lighthearted fashion.
In my mind, two people stand out as being friendly and very helpful to a novice like myself - Darryl and Brendan. These stalwarts of the club have (I think) been there for all of us when we need advice etc. I must also mention that there are several others who supply the grease that ensures that things don't seize and without whom the club would not operate. I am sure that BMRC is like just about every other club - all these people never receive the thanks they deserve from the membership, so from me, thanks to all who 'put in' for the club.
So...
I love bucket racing, and I appreciate having a club to 'hold things together'. I think it is sad that internet forums have become the defacto place to hold club meetings and discussions. In my business experience, emails and internet forums are not the place to discuss sensitive and emotive topics that are to do with core business of the club. It is too easy to misinterpret what is being said. Some things are best left to face to face meetings. At the AGM last year, there was lots of good constructive discussion on several topics. There was plenty of teasing but no one took offensive because it was not meant to be offensive - when face to face this is obvious.
Can I suggest that we have a club update at each race meeting and that this would be the forum to discuss contentious issues.
Can we now put the toys back in the cot, give some hugs and kisses and get things back on track (please excuse the pun).
I think we have a great club, with great people in it.

Ghost_Bullet
15th May 2009, 16:57
I am relatively new to the BMRC (7 months) and feel I must comment, so here goes....

Agree with ya!!!

TonyB
15th May 2009, 21:11
Well said from someone so young.........much what I was thinking. Me too. Well said K14.

...all this shit slinging makes the chch bucket sceen look like Shortland Street. You are/were mates and have helped each other recently which has been forgotten, you both are driving a wedge through the club which is not healthy. I agree with this too.

I've been involved in some of the online shit slinging as well, but only out of sheer frustration. This needs to be put to bed once and for all.

Yow Ling
15th May 2009, 21:15
So maybe thre new FXR frame rule is an act of God ?

Bren_chch
15th May 2009, 21:24
I've been involved in some of the online shit slinging as well, but only out of sheer frustration. This needs to be put to bed once and for all.

Listen BUDDHA and TONY, I've NOT slung any shit, I've slung facts out of SHEER frustration! :spanking:

Driving a wedge? WHAT are YOU on about! I cant see no wedge driving going on! I didn't know we had a left and right, i thought we was all united and racing for the cause?

And with that said... I over it, I want to ride FAST, faster AND faster, I dont care what classes there are, bring it on feckers of all sizes! :nono:

Buddha#81
15th May 2009, 21:47
Listen BUDDHA and TONY, I've NOT slung any shit, I've slung facts out of SHEER frustration! :spanking:

Driving a wedge? WHAT are YOU on about! I cant see no wedge driving going on! I didn't know we had a left and right, i thought we was all united and racing for the cause?

And with that said... I over it, I want to ride FAST, faster AND faster, I dont care what classes there are, bring it on feckers of all sizes! :nono:

You know that just replying with facts or no facts the Gingernut will grab it hook, line, sinker.....hell, he will chew on the end of your fishing rod if giving the chance. Everyone but you two can see how pathetic this is becoming. I dont know whos worse D for being blind in whats been said or you for winding the poor redhead up. Go round and give him a hug or kick him in the twat but sort this out, or I'll open a can of whip ass and do it myself. Its been awhile but I'm ready to unload some fury!:Police:

Kickaha
15th May 2009, 22:03
I cant see no wedge driving going on!

I think he is off topic and talking about golf, infract his arse Gav

Buddha#81
15th May 2009, 22:10
hell, i will chew on the end of your conrod if given the chance.

You may have Mrs B to answer to.......... and the police!:Police:

Bren_chch
15th May 2009, 22:12
you may have mrs b to answer to.......... And the police!:police:

hahahaha!!!!

gav
15th May 2009, 22:13
Try and keep it on topic, or have we now moved on? :Police:

Kickaha
15th May 2009, 22:18
race classes

perhaps a topic for the next comittee meeting for discussion, maybe they can put forward some options for the members to vote on

1) Superbucket and Proddy
2) It stays as is
3)?????

Buddha#81
15th May 2009, 23:17
I vote one class......F4 or Buckets. A lot of the new guys are starting out or getting onto a FXR well within the first year. The FXR's are not eligable for proddy points. So for 6 or so proddys is it worth it?

F4 only I say!!!!!!!!

gav
15th May 2009, 23:35
"A" grade, "B" grade, sorted.

Bren_chch
15th May 2009, 23:40

F4 and MotoFXR! :argue:

Kickaha
15th May 2009, 23:41

graded how?

Can't see it working, what happens when a B grader starts passing slower A grade bikes, he can't move classes within the season or he'd loose points from the class he started in and if he's fast enough to pass A graders then the A graders he's passing should be relegated B grade

One class, spot prizes at AGM for rat bike, tidy bike, most improved, gayest FXR (Brens a sure winner)

Bren_chch
15th May 2009, 23:53
graded how?

Can't see it working, what happens when a B grader starts passing slower A grade bikes, he can't move classes within the season or he'd loose points from the class he started in and if he's fast enough to pass A graders then the A graders he's passing should be relegated B grade

One class, spot prizes at AGM for rat bike, tidy bike, most improved, gayest FXR (Brens a sure winner)

Yeah i see the problem with A and B is how to grade. i think thats a no go!

Whats wrong with F4, F5 (all one of ya's). and then the MOTOFXR for a bit of fun, thinking of donating a few prize for the winner of Motofxr class. so i'd really like to see that kept in. 3 classes for fuks sake, how hard is that?! :second:

gav
16th May 2009, 00:11
Well, for a start, the rider could nominate which class he/she wants, lets say the bottom half of a 40 strong field nominate them selves as B grade, leaving the top half as A grade. The B grade start behind A grade on the grid, quite away back too. So what if a B grader passes an A grader? The committee could oversee and make final decision if needed. For a newbie they are a wild card for first meet, committee to decide where they should go.
At the end of the season, the B grade winner is automatically A grade, the slowest A grader can choose to step down to B grade if they wish.
Its as difficult as you want to make it.
Just know from experience that looking at the points after each meet, seeing a whole lot of 1's showing for finishing each race is kind of boring, and makes it pretty hard to get anywhere in the points field.

TonyB
16th May 2009, 08:18
Points....Only a handful of riders are going to have any chance of winning the class outright. Thats normal for any sport! Maybe instead of having different classses, we just list what people are riding and some basic info on mods (to the bike) in the points list. So when a rider looks and see's for example that they are the leading standard CBR150 or whatever, they know they're doing well.

Just a thought- maybe thats difficult to manage too? I'm thinking a list something like Bike Make, and an extra column that simply says Standard or Mod. Then each rider can look through the list and see roughly where they're at. EG My FXR would be 'Mod', because it has a gn250 carb. You could make the list more comprehensive and split it up into Engine, Frame, Wheels etc etc, but thats a whole lotta work. You could even add rider weight....tho some people might not like that one.... ;)

Kickaha
16th May 2009, 08:21
Just know from experience that looking at the points after each meet, seeing a whole lot of 1's showing for finishing each race is kind of boring, and makes it pretty hard to get anywhere in the points field.

You could try riding faster:bleh:

ajturbo
16th May 2009, 11:28
Points....Only a handful of riders are going to have any chance of winning the class outright. Thats normal for any sport! Maybe instead of having different classses, we just list what people are riding and some basic info on mods (to the bike) in the points list. So when a rider looks and see's for example that they are the leading standard CBR150 or whatever, they know they're doing well.

Just a thought- maybe thats difficult to manage too? I'm thinking a list something like Bike Make, and an extra column that simply says Standard or Mod. Then each rider can look through the list and see roughly where they're at. EG My FXR would be 'Mod', because it has a gn250 carb. You could make the list more comprehensive and split it up into Engine, Frame, Wheels etc etc, but thats a whole lotta work. You could even add rider weight....tho some people might not like that one.... ;)
to ME .. that is a great idea!!!

i know that, no matter what mods i will do to my bucket, i'll never win, but it would be great to see how close i was to the unmoded group..lol

gav
16th May 2009, 14:12
You could try riding faster:bleh:
Hell, hadn't thought of that! :doh:

Suzi Q
27th May 2009, 10:26
There have been some developments in the BMRC with our inhouse rules. Please see our website - www.bmrc.co.nz - and check it out.

Buddha#81
28th May 2009, 07:40
BMRC is at a corner stone, for some time the large numbers we have been getting were looking like it could be the clubs undoing. We are a "invited" class at the BEARs winter series and although on the surface we have been very welcome when 45 or more hand over our $40.

What I didn't see was how a couple of amazing opportunity's have come to the floor.

Cams as a club have gone out of their way to put a proposal to us as a class, now giving us a viable alternative to the Winter series and they WANT us to have a say in their club and their meeting (which it looks like they are going to have plenty of).......go figure.

The other opportunity is the MotoFXR thing. While some are going to be bitter because they don't have a FXR. You need to think........this series is running at Motorcycling Canty meeting, do you think they will turn a bucket away because its not a FXR? Not on ya nelly, I would imagine you will still be rubbing shoulders with us MotoFXR boys and girls.

I for one, WONT be going back to the BEARs meeting. I have been a member of the BEARs club since I started racing (2001). But I would like to thank them for what they have done for me, in putting a series on during the past winters for us to have a bit of fun. Of late I have seen some bickering within the BEARs ranks and the Pre89 thing was handled poorly. Its time for me to move on and fortunately it towards a bright future for bucket racing..... the wee class that's getting noticed!

These are MY views, not the BMRC Clubs views
Brent Cotton

gav
28th May 2009, 09:13
Hey Budd, where are the details or info on what Cams is offering? How many free weekends are available for extra racing? I didnt think there was an excess of dates available for extra racing?
I'd like to see MotoFXR races run with only FXR150's, I think MotoFXR needs to try and run as a seperate series without the term "buckets" associated with it.
Not to sure how MCC will run the class but a seperate race would be ideal. Buckets could run with the 150 Streetstocks, I guess?

Kickaha
28th May 2009, 12:16
I'd like to see MotoFXR races run with only FXR150's, I think MotoFXR needs to try and run as a seperate series without the term "buckets"

Yeah good idea that way they wont get embarrassed by "Buckets" beating them

You can call MotoFXR all the fancy names you want at the end of the day they're still a "Bucket"

Hmmm better not enter your MotoFXR at Greymouth can't have anything to do with those "Buckets" or beter yet contact the organisers and get the class changed to MotoFXR so "Buckets can't enter

Bren_chch
28th May 2009, 13:21

You can call MotoFXR all the fancy names you want at the end of the day they're still a "Bucket"

Hmmm better not enter your MotoFXR at Greymouth can't have anything to do with those "Buckets" or beter yet contact the organisers and get the class changed to MotoFXR so "Buckets can't enter

Thats not what its about at all!

Buddha#81
28th May 2009, 14:46
Thats not what its about at all!

Make a rule for a classic MotoFXR title, so Kick can compete on his old stinky GN. The MotoGN 200cc two valve with a 24mm carb.

Bren_chch
28th May 2009, 15:13
i suppose they are the Classic FXR! hehe

Kickaha
28th May 2009, 15:32
Make a rule for a classic MotoFXR title, so Kick can compete on his old stinky GN. The MotoGN 200cc two valve with a 24mm carb.

You're starting to sound like a Ginga, a class for everyone

i suppose they are the Classic FXR! hehe

FXRs Grandad

Bren_chch
28th May 2009, 19:28
segugation really... I hope you can afford the 4 trips to Levels for this 'moto fxr thing' not every one will be able to when the work it out.

Yet again you are misinforming people, its 3 Timaru rounds not 4 and who has said anything about not racing with other F4 bikes... NOBODY!! So why are you trying to light a fire where one does not need to be?

dangerous
28th May 2009, 19:38
Yet again you are misinforming people, its 3 Timaru rounds not 4 and who has said anything about not racing with other F4 bikes... NOBODY!! So why are you trying to light a fire where one does not need to be?

settle down petel...
put my quote in perspective with the person I was quoting... I hope to be able to join the frx crew with your series. Why dont you get up Kickaha for his post... ya becomming obssessed man.

ajturbo
28th May 2009, 19:41
fuck you two... get a hamera and build a bridge....

a swing fuckin bridge...

and both get on it and light both ends.....

why don't you lot phone each other up and TALK about the issues....

over a beer

THEN tell us what is going on...

i am a LITTLE sick of this sort of shit ...

i WAS getting a lot of great info and laughs.. but now...

i need a drink

hey thanks guys... another great reason to drink!!! wooohooooo!!!:Punk:

Bren_chch
28th May 2009, 19:44
Way out of line.. I am sorry!

fuck you two... Get a hamera and build a bridge....

A swing fuckin bridge...

And both get on it and light both ends.....

Why don't you lot phone each other up and talk about the issues....

Over a beer

then tell us what is going on...

I am a little sick of this sort of shit ...

I was getting a lot of great info and laughs.. But now...

I need a drink

hey thanks guys... Another great reason to drink!!! Wooohooooo!!!:punk:

dangerous
28th May 2009, 19:44
IMPORTENT
Hey look in the last hour I have had 2 calls reguarding the BMRC points series... racers/bmrc members are concerned that the BEARs points meets have been canned for the new FXR series and or CAMs meets... can some one in the BMRC committee please post up a compleat update or send out a email.

ajturbo
28th May 2009, 19:48
go fuck yourself... you dont know anything thats going on yet you post in here like you do.

I aint going to sit by and listen to darryl post more shit trying to cause more issues and i dont need you telling me what to do because you think you know something

piss off
see PM....:mellow:

Buddha#81
28th May 2009, 19:55

a swing fuckin bridge...

over a beer

i need a drink

did someone make you read the thread?

Buddha#81
28th May 2009, 19:57
IMPORTENT
Hey look in the last hour I have had 2 calls reguarding the BMRC points series... racers/bmrc members are concerned that the BEARs points meets have been canned for the new FXR series and or CAMs meets... can some one in the BMRC committee please post up a compleat update or send out a email.

....and what did you tell them? Did you direct them to the contacts page on the club site.

Yow Ling
28th May 2009, 19:57
IMPORTENT

Helen Clarke backed down from power with hardly a ripple, you could follow her example

TonyB
28th May 2009, 20:21
Helen Clarke backed down from power with hardly a ripple, you could follow her example Hers was only the minor role of running a country. This is Buckets!!

dangerous
28th May 2009, 20:40
Helen Clarke backed down from power with hardly a ripple, you could follow her example
sorry, i cant help my phone ringing
FYI, 2 times to night, 3 times during the week, I can only but tell them to ring Lou and or the little I know.

Buddha#81
28th May 2009, 20:48
BMRC is at a corner stone, for some time the large numbers we have been getting were looking like it could be the clubs undoing. We are a "invited" class at the BEARs winter series and although on the surface we have been very welcome when 45 or more hand over our $40.

What I didn't see was how a couple of amazing opportunity's have come to the floor.

Cams as a club have gone out of their way to put a proposal to us as a class, now giving us a viable alternative to the Winter series and they WANT us to have a say in their club and their meeting (which it looks like they are going to have plenty of).......go figure.

The other opportunity is the MotoFXR thing. While some are going to be bitter because they don't have a FXR. You need to think........this series is running at Motorcycling Canty meeting, do you think they will turn a bucket away because its not a FXR? Not on ya nelly, I would imagine you will still be rubbing shoulders with us MotoFXR boys and girls.

I for one, WONT be going back to the BEARs meeting. I have been a member of the BEARs club since I started racing (2001). But I would like to thank them for what they have done for me, in putting a series on during the past winters for us to have a bit of fun. Of late I have seen some bickering within the BEARs ranks and the Pre89 thing was handled poorly. Its time for me to move on and fortunately it towards a bright future for bucket racing..... the wee class that's getting noticed!

These are MY views, not the BMRC Clubs views
Brent Cotton

It seem that this post has cause some confusion and worry (why I'm unsure).

The Bears winter series and the BMRC is and will carry on the same as it always has. BUT we now have options for our brightening future. I was putting my views forward for discussion, it appear that some have read too much into what I was saying.

If you want some answers go to the CAMs AGM this Saturday, your answers are there!

gav
28th May 2009, 21:58

a swing fuckin bridge...

over a beer

i need a drink

Sorry Andy, but is it too much to ask that just ONE thread is for BMRC Discussion? In fact, its even titled that to try and help you out? If youre not a member of this club or race in the series, then this thread isnt really intended for you.
Therefore A: Dont bother reading it
and B: Don't bother replying, unless you have something useful to add

gav
28th May 2009, 22:07

Hmmm, a MotoFXR is eligible for buckets, but a bucket aint necessarily going to be eligible for MotoFXR now is it? Bit like a ProTwin SV650 could run in F3, but a ZXR440 aint going to be in ProTwin now is it? C'mon, even you can figure this out, stop stirring .... :Police:

dangerous
29th May 2009, 06:12
Sorry Andy, but is it too much to ask that just ONE thread is for BMRC Discussion? In fact, its even titled that to try and help you out? If youre not a member of this club or race in the series, then this thread isnt really intended for you.
Therefore A: Dont bother reading it
and B: Don't bother replying, unless you have something useful to add

... the welly bucket crew DO attend bmrc meets and ARE on the mailing list, THEREFORE do have a interest in this thread, AJ's post was fair e nuff in my books it was a crack at bren AND me, and it had good content... Im over it and over saying sorry to bren to have him fire off again as he did with AJ :apint: (Bren please dont get upset over this post, its not the point of it)

Kickaha
29th May 2009, 06:39
Hmmm, a MotoFXR is eligible for buckets, but a bucket aint necessarily going to be eligible for MotoFXR now is it? Bit like a ProTwin SV650 could run in F3, but a ZXR440 aint going to be in ProTwin now is it? C'mon, even you can figure this out, stop stirring .... :Police:

I can see ProTwin, F3 and Buckets in the MNZ rule book, can you point out what chapter has MotoFXR in it?

I see it as a great oppurtunity for MotoFXR but not neccesarily for buckets especially with people already suggesting they should run seperately

... the welly bucket crew DO attend bmrc meets and ARE on the mailing list, THEREFORE do have a interest in this thread,

As much as I hate to agree with the Ginga he's right, it's also a public forum which any member can access so unless there is a way to exclude all but financial members of the BMRC then this thread like any other is open to any forum member to comment

gav
29th May 2009, 09:17
I can see ProTwin, F3 and Buckets in the MNZ rule book, can you point out what chapter has MotoFXR in it?

I see it as a great oppurtunity for MotoFXR but not neccesarily for buckets especially with people already suggesting they should run seperately

As much as I hate to agree with the Ginga he's right, it's also a public forum which any member can access so unless there is a way to exclude all but financial members of the BMRC then this thread like any other is open to any forum member to comment
I don't see the term "buckets" mentioned anywhere in MNZ rules either.
I didn't suggest they couldn't read, just maybe, it wasn't for them ... but if they are financial members, then fair enough! How long you had red hair for too? <_<

Suzi Q
29th May 2009, 09:34
sorry, i cant help my phone ringing
FYI, 2 times to night, 3 times during the week, I can only but tell them to ring Lou and or the little I know.

Well, no one rang me!

I have sent an email out to all BMRC Members and hopefully that will help.

There has been no mention from BMRC that we are canning the winter series points races, I have no idea where people got that idea from!

Cams would like us to join in with them and they in turn are wanting to get more races next year including the Methven street race in April 2010. There are a few people who a dissalusioned with BEARS at the moment and it is their choice whether they race or not.

Kickaha
29th May 2009, 18:15
I don't see the term "buckets" mentioned anywhere in MNZ rules either.

Really? perhaps you should have another look as it may not use the exact term "Buckets" but clearly mentions "Bucket racing"

CHAPTER 24
24 ROAD RACING - MINIATURE
24-1 The Miniature Road Racing class or `Bucket Racing’ as it is also known, shall be deemed to include solo motorcycles and sidecars.

I put it in bold to make it easier for your failing eye sight to pick it out

dangerous
29th May 2009, 18:37
There has been no mention from BMRC that we are canning the winter series points races, I have no idea where people got that idea from!
Well like i said on the mofo fixer site, people miss reading and or word of mouth, as info is pased on it can be misintrupered... point in case was phoenixGTR talking to HelenOfTroy... HOT rang me thinking that bears wernt a happening thing as PGTR said dates had changed, but dates have been added not changed... not all bmrc members are fully in the know suzi some are new and not fully up with the play, basics realy.

gav
29th May 2009, 20:26
Really? perhaps you should have another look as it may not use the exact term "Buckets" but blah blah blah
I rest my case ..... :laugh: :bash:

Muzzab
31st May 2009, 14:41
[QUOTE=Suzi Q;1129233406]Well, no one rang me!

I have sent an email out to all BMRC Members and hopefully that will help.

Hi, can you please check that I am on the Email list, I haven't received any.

Cheers
Muzza

Kickaha
17th June 2009, 20:10
Ok whats in it for us would be the main question

The only real advantage I can see as someone has pointed out is the fact we wouldn't have to belong to two different clubs to be able to get our MNZ licence

So would we continue to race at the BEARs winter series as our own BMRC championship or are CAMs able to offer an alternative 5-6 round series for our Championship as last year CAMs only ran 4 meetings (source MNZ annual report) how many more are they planning to run if any?

There is also a bit of "culture difference" in the way BMRC go racing compared to the CAMs guys which I also see as a possible source of conflict as some CAMs members in the past have commented on Bucket racers being agressive in their riding

I'll think some more stuff up later:yes:

Yow Ling
17th October 2009, 16:49
Is there any point in keeping this sticky, nobody has posted here since July (except me)

Buddha#81
17th October 2009, 21:31
.......and me:girlfight:

k14
21st October 2009, 10:39
Is there any point in keeping this sticky, nobody has posted here since July (except me)
It was june actually...

Monkeynz
23rd December 2009, 06:06
I thought I might start this thread going again with a question regarding the racing season.
When does the racing start for 2010? I probably won't make it to Levels and don't qualify for the racing on the 17th Jan. When is the next meet after that?

Monkeynz
24th December 2009, 22:37
I thought I might start this thread going again with a question regarding the racing season.
When does the racing start for 2010? I probably won't make it to Levels and don't qualify for the racing on the 17th Jan. When is the next meet after that?

Don't worry about answering that as I have received my membership card from MCI and that gives me all the dates for the whole of the South Island. Wicked. :baby:

rgrant
4th January 2010, 09:18
gidday mate, myself and a couple of others are in the throws of building up a couple of buckets and are interested in dates etc. The MCI website is a bit out dated right now. Other than Levels this coming weekend, what is next?

Bren_chch
4th January 2010, 09:33
hey, there are some dates on here, more will be added soon. http://www.bmrc.co.nz/

Bren_chch
5th January 2010, 17:01
Dear Bucket Club Members,

Please visit the http://www.bmrc.co.nz home page to read the latest news on our 15min invitation race which will be held at the National Points Series Round 1.

The event entry form is now available and needs to be completed and returned by Monday the 11th of Jan.

Don't forget there is C.A.M.S racing this Saturday the 9th at levels in Timaru. See the C.A.M.S website for more details and entry forms. http://www.cams-racing.org.nz

Classes eligible for the C.A.M.S event are Pre 1963, Pre 1972, Pre 1982, Pre 1989 and of course F4/F5 (Buckets).

Regards
BMRC

Monkeynz
5th January 2010, 19:54
Dear Bucket Club Members,

Please visit the http://www.bmrc.co.nz home page to read the latest news on our 15min invitation race which will be held at the National Points Series Round 1.

The event entry form is now available and needs to be completed and returned by Monday the 11th of Jan.

Don't forget there is C.A.M.S racing this Saturday the 9th at levels in Timaru. See the C.A.M.S website for more details and entry forms. http://www.cams-racing.org.nz

Classes eligible for the C.A.M.S event are Pre 1963, Pre 1972, Pre 1982, Pre 1989 and of course F4/F5 (Buckets).

Regards
BMRC

Hey Bren, any tips about what to take with me as this will be my first time racing? Any advice to go with that? Really looking forward to getting out there and having a go, although a little nervous too.:sweatdrop

dangerous
5th January 2010, 20:13
Hey Bren, any tips about what to take with me as this will be my first time racing? Any advice to go with that? Really looking forward to getting out there and having a go, although a little nervous too.:sweatdrop

tools, fuel... check ya have 27psi in the tyres (how are they) and dont forget any riding gears like back protector... have a ball its an awesom track and not the easyest for a 1st timer hahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Monkeynz
5th January 2010, 20:18
tools, fuel... check ya have 27psi in the tyres (how are they) and dont forget any riding gears like back protector... have a ball its an awesom track and not the easyest for a 1st timer hahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Gidday mate, happy new year to you. Hope all is going to plan for you. Had a bit of trouble getting the tyres to bead but eventually managed to get them on, the front was the worst. Thanks for the tips. I like the look of the Mckissock Curve, nice how it tightens up. Have watched a couple of clips on YouTube so have a reasonable idea of the track.

Bren_chch
5th January 2010, 20:21
coffee money! ;)

Monkeynz
5th January 2010, 20:23
coffee money! ;)

Yea I was thinking of taking a couple of cans of "V" or Red Bull. Should do the same thing, he he.

Bren_chch
5th January 2010, 20:27
that stuff gives me the SHITS! :O

Monkeynz
5th January 2010, 20:35
that stuff gives me the SHITS! :O

Yea I hardly touch the stuff but is good for a bit of a pick me up. Gets the senses humming. Any other advice?

Henk
5th January 2010, 20:41
Make sure you eat lunch

Monkeynz
5th January 2010, 20:43
Make sure you eat lunch

As silly as that sounds, I believe you. It's no different from going on a big ride, need to have the fuel to concentrate aye? Cheers Henk

dangerous
5th January 2010, 20:45
Any other advice? bucket warm up lap... is actually the 1st race lap ;) (warm up is from pit to dummy)

Bren_chch
5th January 2010, 20:46
u could also bring some women with that are clad in small bikinis! that would help me ride better!

Monkeynz
5th January 2010, 20:49
bucket warm up lap... is actually the 1st race lap ;) (warm up is from pit to dummy)

Do they sort out grid positions before the racing begins?

Monkeynz
5th January 2010, 20:50
bucket warm up lap... is actually the 1st race lap ;) (warm up is from pit to dummy)

Do they sort out grid positions before the racing begins?

Monkeynz
5th January 2010, 20:52
u could also bring some women with that are clad in small bikinis! that would help me ride better!

I'll have a chat with my wife ,lol. Not sure if she'll be keen on wearing a bikini though, might be a bit hard to feed the young fella.

Henk
5th January 2010, 21:05
Take it easy, first time out so concenrate on learning the bike and track. Same goes for the first couple of laps in practice in any session, save the heroics on cold tyres for races where it might count. The number of people at the two hour in Auckland this year that crashed trying to win the practice start was astounding.

dangerous
5th January 2010, 21:12
Do they sort out grid positions before the racing begins? usually no pre positioning.. hence warm up is a RACE.

But yeah what henk said, specially as ya dont know the condition of thoes tyres... they may take 1/2 the day to come good.

gav
5th January 2010, 22:52
Of course, some are known not to make it to the end of the warm up lap, aye Dangerous? ;)

ellipsis
5th January 2010, 22:54

Lunch..Liquid.... the shop/clubrooms are not available for food..

gav
5th January 2010, 22:55
Yea I hardly touch the stuff but is good for a bit of a pick me up. Gets the senses humming. Any other advice?

Yeah, dont take any places off me :)

Yow Ling
6th January 2010, 06:24
Spare LH peg hanger for fxr

dangerous
6th January 2010, 07:46
Of course, some are known not to make it to the end of the warm up lap, aye Dangerous? ;)well there was this once time, but we were racing... just that the rest of the field thought they were returned to the pit cos there was a ambo on the track picking up someone else that arsed up in the warm up, me I was going hard out till...

VTRRR
6th January 2010, 11:13

make ysure your exhaust stays on

Monkeynz
6th January 2010, 19:10
Take it easy, first time out so concenrate on learning the bike and track. Same goes for the first couple of laps in practice in any session, save the heroics on cold tyres for races where it might count. The number of people at the two hour in Auckland this year that crashed trying to win the practice start was astounding.

Thanks Henk, great advice. I'm not sure how these tyres will go as Dangerous says above. I will be taking it easy to start off with due to not being on the bike before as you say.
What's the normal procedure for the day?

Monkeynz
6th January 2010, 19:15
Yeah, dont take any places off me :)

He he, I'll try not too. I'm not expecting too much to start off with, will take a few laps to get used to the bike and the track.

Monkeynz
6th January 2010, 19:18
Spare LH peg hanger for fxr

He he, yea was thinking about that. Couldn't believe how many were broken at the BOB. Might get some plate alloy and make something up.

Henk
6th January 2010, 19:31
Do that, jack the pegs up a bit while you are at it. Unerving when they hit the deck.

Monkeynz
6th January 2010, 19:39
Do that, jack the pegs up a bit while you are at it. Unerving when they hit the deck.

Not sure if my lanky legs will handle a peg rise.:scooter:

Henk
6th January 2010, 19:49
Shift em back as well then

Monkeynz
6th January 2010, 19:56
Shift em back as well then

What sort of distance you talking? Something thats comfortable I assume, 20 to 30 mm?

Henk
6th January 2010, 20:06
About that. I think mine are 25 back and about 15 - 20 up. I guessed a bit when I was making them.
Most important thing is to make the replacements, even if they are stock position. These things alond with the clip-ons seem to be the biggest weaknesses in a crash situation. And I seem to do that quite a lot. Also make sure you have spare levers and think about going to the cheap aftermarket short version for the clutch. Don't think I've been to a Mt Welly meet yet where there hasn't been a broken lever in the infeild at some stage in the day.

Monkeynz
6th January 2010, 20:13
About that. I think mine are 25 back and about 15 - 20 up. I guessed a bit when I was making them.
Most important thing is to make the replacements, even if they are stock position. These things alond with the clip-ons seem to be the biggest weaknesses in a crash situation. And I seem to do that quite a lot. Also make sure you have spare levers and think about going to the cheap aftermarket short version for the clutch. Don't think I've been to a Mt Welly meet yet where there hasn't been a broken lever in the infeild at some stage in the day.

Awesome, thanks for all that info. I will track down replacement bits for those unfortunate accidents. I have some info on a company I can get some alloy from so will contact them and make some mounts up. Bren sells some clipons so will have a chat with him too.

gav
7th January 2010, 22:03
It would really be worth doing a run of at least 10 of those footpeg brackets if we can get a reasonable price. I think Olly is looking at getting a run done too but his will be a bit higher as mentioned. I'm toying with the idea of ditching the rear disc setup and fitting a wider wheel with a drum brake, unbelievable how heavy that rear brake setup is! The fact Ive got a suitable rear wheel hanging up in the garage is another reason. :)

Monkeynz
8th January 2010, 05:35
It would really be worth doing a run of at least 10 of those footpeg brackets if we can get a reasonable price. I think Olly is looking at getting a run done too but his will be a bit higher as mentioned. I'm toying with the idea of ditching the rear disc setup and fitting a wider wheel with a drum brake, unbelievable how heavy that rear brake setup is! The fact Ive got a suitable rear wheel hanging up in the garage is another reason. :)

Yea I was going to get some aluminium plate and cut them myself, but could do a few of them.
Would a drum set up be heavier? I suppose there is a bit of weight in the disc alone. Will be good to see the result.

dangerous
8th January 2010, 08:14
AdamB is also in the throughs of making up rear sets, the right needs some welding for the brake... I dont know why you guys want to raise them so high as I rearley if ever touch mine down, think adam is looking at just 10mm higher and standard.

Monkeynz
10th January 2010, 16:34
I have spoken to Olly and Adam, Olly has made some 60mm higher than standard and Adam was talking only 20mm.

Onto a different subject-Engine not producing a current.
Ok I've taken the side cover off the FXR to have a look at the charging system and there is nothing that looks obvious in regards to not getting any current coming from the motor. I placed a multi-meter probe on 1 of the magnets of the windings and set the multi to Diode and was getting the same reading from touching the other magnets with the other probe. Not sure what else I can check.
Yow Ling you think it may be something else, any ideas?
Bren any ideas?
Cheers Guys

dangerous
10th January 2010, 16:42
No ideas, I hate farking electrics ;)

Monkeynz
10th January 2010, 16:48
No ideas, I hate farking electrics ;)

Cheers D, I don't mind electrics but just lack a bit of knowledge about them and how to check things. I have to know a bit with my panelbeating but this extends past that.

Bren_chch
10th January 2010, 18:40
i got another stator u can try. i might be able to cruise over one night in the week and we can try it. will keep u posted in week.

Monkeynz
10th January 2010, 18:46
i got another stator u can try. i might be able to cruise over one night in the week and we can try it. will keep u posted in week.

Ok no worries Bren, I know you've probably got a busy week so no stress as I won't be using it again until February. So only if I'm not going to take precious time off you. Cheers

Monkeynz
10th January 2010, 20:40
Hey Bren, whats the new carb you are running in your bucket and what size is it? Just for knowledge sake.

Bren_chch
10th January 2010, 21:30
Hey Bren, whats the new carb you are running in your bucket and what size is it? Just for knowledge sake.

why you ask... u like it? lol

Monkeynz
12th January 2010, 05:40
why you ask... u like it? lol

Yea I do, as I was mentioning in FXR.co.nz I have a workmate that has a XR carb so will see if he will sell it to me. Apparently it just needs a needle surclip, do you have one of those lying around?
From memory I think your carb is a .... na I'll wait till I catch up with you, he he.

F5 Dave
12th January 2010, 11:24
Surclip? Nah that sounds too formal, like a tie clip. Just wrap a loose bit of wire around the grooves, I promise it won't be a problem & I'd never set you crook.

Monkeynz
14th January 2010, 21:25
Surclip? Nah that sounds too formal, like a tie clip. Just wrap a loose bit of wire around the grooves, I promise it won't be a problem & I'd never set you crook.

Don't need it now. Bought a supposed XR 250 carb off trademe, its a Keihin PD 02A model. Has a butterfly choke using a cable and it's running a 122 main jet, I think, it's where the needle is coming down into. Searched the net like you wouldn't believe to try and get some info and cannot find Jack :argh:, there is stuff all on the PD carbs. Will just have to try it and go from there.

F5 Dave
15th January 2010, 08:12
erm, what I wrote was of course tongue in cheek. Yes you will have to try it, no one will be able to tell you a number jet to use. There will be plenty of generic info on jetting carbs, try Xr type websites so you don't get confused with CV roadbike carbs. Obviously take it apart & clean it before use.

dangerous
15th January 2010, 15:30
yeah and then a pipe to suit, (I asume you dont have a bog std muffler? if so will really need a wee tweak)

Monkeynz
15th January 2010, 18:32
yeah and then a pipe to suit, (I asume you dont have a bog std muffler? if so will really need a wee tweak)

I have the standard muffler with 3 13mm holes drilled in the end for the moment. Will replace it when I get something cheap off TM.

dangerous
15th January 2010, 18:51
I have the standard muffler with 3 13mm holes drilled in the end for the moment. Will replace it when I get something cheap off TM.OR... cut the end off at the weld and remove the last baffel section, piece a piss and IMHO will be beter off for it with the new carb (beter off any way)

Monkeynz
15th January 2010, 20:34
OR... cut the end off at the weld and remove the last baffel section, piece a piss and IMHO will be beter off for it with the new carb (beter off any way)

Na can't be arsed cutting and welding, will wait till something else turns up. Feeling lazy.

Bren_chch
15th January 2010, 20:40
i got just what i need, will get it next week and give u a bell to come see it. ;)

Monkeynz
15th January 2010, 20:42
i got just what i need, will get it next week and give u a bell to come see it. ;)

Any clues? You don't need anything do you?

Bren_chch
15th January 2010, 20:46
HAHA! just what YOU need, i have. go look on the fxr website project and the black bike i built, i have that complete system back, will grab it next week and u can look. its quite an open muffler.

Monkeynz
15th January 2010, 20:50
HAHA! just what YOU need, i have. go look on the fxr website project and the black bike i built, i have that complete system back, will grab it next week and u can look. its quite an open muffler.

Sounds good, is that the one off the maroon FXR with the black powder coated frame?

Bren_chch
15th January 2010, 21:12
black bike with the crf muffler...

Monkeynz
20th January 2010, 20:11
Whens the next bucket race meeting? I can't wait to get out there again. :niceone:
Bren have you picked up that exhaust yet?

ellipsis
22nd January 2010, 10:03
March 6th Ruapuna .Ask someone for a calendar, there must be hundreds still floating around. While we are on the subject of the calendar, the Methven Street Race date is wrong on it. Correct date 3rd April , Easter Saturday

Monkeynz
22nd January 2010, 18:32
March 6th Ruapuna .Ask someone for a calendar, there must be hundreds still floating around. While we are on the subject of the calendar, the Methven Street Race date is wrong on it. Correct date 3rd April , Easter Saturday

Yea I have a calender from MCI club but was hoping there might be something in February. I wasn't sure whether anything happened on "give it a go" day.

gav
22nd January 2010, 19:41
OK, just an update the BMRC now has a new home. http://www.fxr150.co.nz/discussion/viewforum.php?f=10

gav
22nd January 2010, 19:56
This thread has now served its purpose and will be closed.
See you all here http://www.fxr150.co.nz/discussion/viewforum.php?f=10