PDA

View Full Version : North Shore Hospital-Parking sucks

Bren
23rd April 2009, 08:17
I have never got so frikkin frustrated in my life....Parking a cage in North Shore Hospital is a joke.....they dont have enough parks, and the parks are frikkin tiny

Came up to the "Supercity" to visit mum in hospital after a turn...

....Rant over

Mully
23rd April 2009, 08:30
Reason 5,489,243 that cars suck and to take a bike everywhere.

PirateJafa
23rd April 2009, 10:31
There's always room in their bike parking.

jaymzw
23rd April 2009, 11:50
Reason 5,489,243 that cars suck and to take a bike everywhere.

Didn't someone get a ticket for parking their bike in NSH a while ago????

mynameis
23rd April 2009, 12:19
Yeap always a hassle that's why I park off street and take a walk!

Mully
23rd April 2009, 12:19
Didn't someone get a ticket for parking their bike in NSH a while ago????

I recall something like that - didn't they park obstructing the footpath or something though?? Probably still cheaper than paying those theiving bastards for a carpark anyway.

Auckland has special bike parking.

Swoop
23rd April 2009, 12:25
I think I ride a "special bike". Can I park there?:innocent:

Mully
23rd April 2009, 12:48
I think I ride a "special bike". Can I park there?:innocent:

Yep. Next to the short bus.

Usarka
23rd April 2009, 13:09
I have never got so frikkin frustrated in my life....Parking a cage in North Shore Hospital is a joke.....they dont have enough parks, and the parks are frikkin tiny

Came up to the "Supercity" to visit mum in hospital after a turn...

....Rant over

What's the saying....tidy desk tidy mind? NSH sure has an untidy desk.

javawocky
23rd April 2009, 13:31
Been in and out of NSH lately on the bike
- Parking is Free for bikes
- Their is designated parking near Entrance 3 for motorcycles. Parked there without issue.

Ixion
23rd April 2009, 13:33
I recall something like that - didn't they park obstructing the footpath or something though?? Probably still cheaper than paying those theiving bastards for a carpark anyway.

I have in the reasonably recent past, parked at NHS many times. Never paid. Ride round the barrier on the way in (the dude in the little booth said NOT to take a ticket cos they have to account for them. Ride round the barrier on the way out (sometimes they'd even lift the barrier for me when they saw me approaching).

Don't park on footpaths per se. Remember, a lot of people around hospitals may be disabled, in wheelchairs, on gurneys etc. They aren't up to dodging bikes. There's lots of cornery bits in the carpark to park in.

peasea
23rd April 2009, 13:39
Yeap always a hassle that's why I park off street and take a walk!

Done it myself up there....unless it's pissing down, which it frequently does in Orks, ahh the memories.

Mully
23rd April 2009, 13:42
What's the saying....tidy desk tidy mind? NSH sure has an untidy desk.

I LOOOOVE this saying. Once had an argument with a "boss" that it was more like "Tidy desk, no damn work" (everyone but him had stuff all over their desks - kinda par for the course in freight forwarding - but he had a hissy fit about it. We ended up stopping actual work at 1630 every day to tidy our desks. Lasted about a week before he cracked. Good times. Man, I should pay fees to use so many brackets.)

I have in the reasonably recent past, parked at NHS many times. Never paid. Ride round the barrier on the way in (the dude in the little booth said NOT to take a ticket cos they have to account for them. Ride round the barrier on the way out (sometimes they'd even lift the barrier for me when they saw me approaching).

Don't park on footpaths per se. Remember, a lot of people around hospitals may be disabled, in wheelchairs, on gurneys etc. They aren't up to dodging bikes. There's lots of cornery bits in the carpark to park in.

Most carparks are fine with bikes. Auckland City encourages free bike parking in their carparks. As does Britomart.

Bren
23rd April 2009, 13:56
Went in today again at 10am...wasnt too bad. Mum is better. She had a heart attack but is on the mend. Hopefully she is coming out on saturday.
I am driving back down to Otaki Sat morning...and my brother is flying in from Japan monday morning (worse luck, I miss seeing him)....anyway, it has been good getting up here, though my boss is a bit pissed off...Family has to come first!

Maha
23rd April 2009, 14:02
It must be 'Free Nose Job Day' at NSH....
Never really had a problem there myself, in saying that, anytime I have been there it has been a weekend day.