PDA

View Full Version : Knightshade

Maha
24th April 2009, 13:44
Hamilton Band back in the 80's...
Anyone recognise the female vocalist???
Bling sent to first correct answer.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XoKHNfp6BYE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XoKHNfp6BYE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Maha
24th April 2009, 13:46
Heres a hit they had....y'all may remember this.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cazqullcyz0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cazqullcyz0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Hitcher
24th April 2009, 13:51
Doesn't look anything like Liz Shaw.

Maha
24th April 2009, 14:03
She was a TV and Radio person (more so Radio) being a Rock Chick just didnt seem right....but she had two sides I guess.
I think she still is on night time radio?
She once worked for Radio Gyserland (Rotorua) in the early eighties.

Her first name could be considered.......windy??

Colapop
24th April 2009, 14:15
I fink it may be Karen Hay?

Maha
24th April 2009, 14:21

Nothing 'Windy' about her Col...

I think her TV time was maybe the weather on 'The Top Half'?
Judy Bailey/Hawksby days?

MSTRS
24th April 2009, 14:22

Nup...of Radio With Pictures fame...married Jordan Luck? Never heard of her...
Maha...Gail somebody?

Maha
24th April 2009, 14:24
Nup...of Radio With Pictures fame...married Jordan Luck? Never heard of her...
Maha...Gail somebody?

Yes John......Gail somebody.
I cant give out 1/2 bling eh?

Hitcher
24th April 2009, 14:25
Karen Hay married Jordan Luck.

Maha
24th April 2009, 14:27
Karen Hay married Jordan Luck.

She married Andrew Fagan. (Mockers)

Hitcher
24th April 2009, 14:31

Sorry. I must have had her mistaken for Liz Shaw.

Headbanger
24th April 2009, 14:40
Blood and Money. The song that featured on the Masters of Metal compilation.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VTS48N0nX8k&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VTS48N0nX8k&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Murray
24th April 2009, 14:41
Gail Ludlow I think played with them, but not often, I think she was in there support band mostly

Maha
24th April 2009, 14:46
Gail Ludlow I think played with them, but not often, I think she was in there support band mostly

Correct.....it is Gail Ludlow.

Murray
24th April 2009, 14:50

Your clue gave it away first thought that it was a skinnier "Beaver" if you remember her?? I used to think she was cool, along with Sharon O'neil (Hot) and Shona Laing (cool for a greenie)

MSTRS
24th April 2009, 15:52

Oh yeah. Forgive me my confusion? Neither of them could sing...

sinfull
24th April 2009, 16:20
Was gonna say i seen them a few times in the 80's and don't remember a chick lead singer lol thought the long hair had you a bit confused Maha

MsKABC
24th April 2009, 16:26

She used to do the 'love songs to midnight' show on classic hits or something like that.

cave weta
24th April 2009, 16:28
Ha ha -if Id had broadband then I could have watched the clip...
I sort of knew what was going on - I knew Gael sang in a band but didnt know which one. she had an eveng show on the radio a love song request show- :sick: and was the presenter for a natural history series

her big sister Louise was shagging my flatmate at the time:oi-grr:

Deano
24th April 2009, 16:29
She was tv presenter of Our World I think it was. That is stretching the memory glands a bit.

"Out for the Count" was my favourite.

Pussy
24th April 2009, 16:59

GAEL Ludlow, Maha!!

Pussy
24th April 2009, 17:02
Gael used to have a band called "Gaelforce".
They used to play at the Hyatt in Rotorua.... they were bloody good too!

P38
24th April 2009, 17:28
Does anyone rember another Hamilton band called "The Spacers"?

Used to play at the Hilly and also at the Mayfair and Cabana here in Hawkes Bay.

Been trying to track down some of their recordings but havent had any luck yet.

Headbanger
24th April 2009, 17:58
Never heard of the Spacers but I went to a killer show by Hamilton band Blackjack back in the day, featuring the metal dude that does the Sunday metal show on the rock,

And saw Stonehenge perform an Iron Maiden tribute at the Power Station.

Come to think of it I think I saw The Exponents at around the same era and it was a fist to the face rock show, Loud and arse kicking.

sidecar bob
24th April 2009, 18:46
I remember they supported The Angels at Roxoff around 1990. An awesome concert!! ahh, those were the days.

Gizel
22nd September 2010, 22:34
This is 100% Gail Ludlow, I looked up to her like my mum when she used to be with my dad bake in the day, love ya Gail, your a legend!

muppitt
22nd September 2010, 23:37
Just watched the clip and there i am head banging at the power station back in 86 or 87 :headbang:

Good times so they tell me :drinkup:

Reckless
23rd September 2010, 00:26
Your clue gave it away first thought that it was a skinnier "Beaver" if you remember her?? I used to think she was cool, along with Sharon O'neil (Hot) and Shona Laing (cool for a greenie)

Shona Laing was a 7th former at Hutt Valley High School before I got booted out LOL!! She was a real greenie even then!

Year or two?? later

We used to watch a band called Shiner up the Broderick in Johnsonville.
Guess who was lead vocals??

She's always been the hottest chick you could ever perv at for flipping hours over a beer or three! Every Friday and sat ( I think) for quite a while!
She still whore that sharks tooth earing in those days as well. No cover charge either!! She was flipping hot as.

MSTRS
23rd September 2010, 08:32
Shona Laing was a 7th former at Hutt Valley High School before I got booted out LOL!!

Snap!! But I only ever got the cane from Boris...

Reckless
23rd September 2010, 08:41
Snap!! But I only ever got the cane from Boris...

He was a mean fucker with that Ouch!! To be honest it is a pity we still don't have it bloody poofy, no line in the sand society we have goin on now!

You Don't remember Rona McRobbie in Science to ya??

MSTRS
23rd September 2010, 08:48
He was a mean fucker with that Ouch!! To be honest it is a pity we still don't have it bloody poofy, no line in the sand society we have goin on now!

You Don't remember Rona McRobbie in Science to ya??

No. But I did have Mr Benscoe for science. Bloody dickhead...

Reckless
23rd September 2010, 11:06
Rona was hot as!!
As I punishment one day she made me sit on the step at the foot of the big main teachers science desk that ran along in front of the blackboard across the width of the classroom in the science lab!

She then proceeded to stride back and forth for the rest of the lesson in a black mini skirt!!! with her arse just above my eye level!! Thats was just simply cruel on an impressionable (15? year old) young fella!! Maybe thats why I'm soooo damaged now!! :msn-wink: Never forget it though!:niceone:

MSTRS
23rd September 2010, 11:45
What a hoot!
I do remember baiting a French teacher. The woman had a bit of a temper problem. A bunch of us replaced all the bits of chalk along the rack with possum balls after a biology session. That was fun...