PDA

View Full Version : $11,750.oo HOG

NZred
11th March 2005, 20:31
Has anyone considered forcing Harley Davidsons hand to honour the add resently placed,.. showing the 2005 883 for $11,750.
Buy LAW they can not say .. NO. :yeah:

thehollowmen
11th March 2005, 20:44
Has anyone considered forcing Harley Davidsons hand to honour the add resently placed,.. showing the 2005 883 for $11,750.

Can you post a pic of this add?
I'd consider taking them up on it

NZred
11th March 2005, 20:57
look at the second page of 'Motorcycle Trader' .. feb - march. :2thumbsup

gav
11th March 2005, 21:43
I havent seen the ad, but I think in the states they offer it real cheap but you must trade it in within two years on a new hog and youre guarenteed to get your money back. How much does a base 883 go for these days anyway?

NZred
12th March 2005, 07:38
RRP.. $15,500.00..

White trash
12th March 2005, 08:22

By law they can so.

An advertised price is that you accept is essentialy an offer by you to purchase that product. They are under no obligation what so ever to sell it to you.

The advertisment is a misprint. Simple as that.

After that's been said and done however, it would be a good faith step by HD to honour that price should somebody insist on it.

Lou Girardin
15th March 2005, 13:05
It wasn't a mis-pirint WT. It was run by Harley Australia. If anyone wants to force Harley Aust to abide by the ad they can go right ahead.
Aren't you glad our company names weren't on the ad?

That Guy
15th March 2005, 14:18
By law they can so.

An advertised price is that you accept is essentialy an offer by you to purchase that product. They are under no obligation what so ever to sell it to you.

The advertisment is a misprint. Simple as that.

After that's been said and done however, it would be a good faith step by HD to honour that price should somebody insist on it.

E&OE. Gets you out of all sorts of stuff; including Harley out of that add. Mind you, you dealers could try appealing to Harley to have a buy price of $8k or something so you could honour the add? Wortha go.....

XTC
15th March 2005, 16:15
So you're saying that they will pay me $11,750 to buy a harley....... Still not a good enough incentive. :)

BNZ
16th March 2005, 16:21
4th form economics! Selling something is a 3 step process. 1st you advertise an invitation to buy, second the buyer makes an offer, 3rd the seller choose to accept the offer or not. I think Harley will tell you to go get f*%&d. Or they may just appologise for being misleading?

White trash
17th March 2005, 06:40
They'll honour it if pushed.

Omega1
17th March 2005, 09:28
Yeah, I thought it looked to good to be true,then remembered when was the last time HD discounted their new bikes?....pity the ad wasnt for a Nighttrain though.

White trash
17th March 2005, 12:07
I keep telling ya mate, we'd love to trade your bike.

In fact! hows this? We trade both your bikes on a brand newy, and solve both yours and my problems?

Got a "mint" Black Pearle Night train arriving any day.

Omega1
18th March 2005, 08:54
I keep telling ya mate, we'd love to trade your bike.

In fact! hows this? We trade both your bikes on a brand newy, and solve both yours and my problems?

Got a "mint" Black Pearle Night train arriving any day.

Oh Yeah WT,no worries I can see it now,got room from for a homeless new nighttrain owner?........