PDA

View Full Version : 02 DRZ400e carburetor overflow overflowing

Woody2
25th April 2009, 17:37
Hi there, advice please - just finished fitting a new acerbis 16L fuel tank after removing the stock standard one and have a problem with the overflow out of the carb overflowing big time. The new tank has two petcocks either side so I have run a T intersection to join up the hoses into the carb. The supplied acerbis hoses were a smaller diameter than what was already on the bike so I used the same diameter that was on before. Bike was fine previously with the old tank - Any ideas? Cheers

CookMySock
25th April 2009, 19:28
Does it do it immediately, or after some riding? Is the tank completely full? Try venting any pressure build-up by loosening the cap.

Steve

Woody2
25th April 2009, 21:31
Does it do it immediately, or after some riding? Is the tank completely full? Try venting any pressure build-up by loosening the cap.

Steve

Hi Steve, does it straight away as soon as the you turn the fuel on and kick the bike over. Tank is less than a quarter full. I will put some more petrol in, and vent the fuel cap cheers Daryl.

Taz
25th April 2009, 21:39
Hi Steve, does it straight away as soon as the you turn the fuel on and kick the bike over. Tank is less than a quarter full. I will put some more petrol in, and vent the fuel cap cheers Daryl.

Is it defonately coming from the breather hose on the carb?

Woody2
25th April 2009, 21:52
Is it defonately coming from the breather hose on the carb?

Hi Anthax, I should clarify, I take it the breather hose comes out the top of the carb and ends up higher up under the seat (which is fine), this is shooting out down the hose at the bottom of the carb and forming a pool underneath the bike - Cheers Daryl

Taz
25th April 2009, 22:05
Hi Anthax, I should clarify, I take it the breather hose comes out the top of the carb and ends up higher up under the seat (which is fine), this is shooting out down the hose at the bottom of the carb and forming a pool underneath the bike - Cheers Daryl

And you are real sure you have it plumbed correctly?

Woody2
25th April 2009, 22:27
And you are real sure you have it plumbed correctly?

Yeah very sure, I only needed to remove one hose off the old tank/carb and it was straight forward when I connected up the new line from both the petcocks. I'll have another look in the morning regardless, Cheers

GooseR6
27th April 2009, 17:10
Hey, I had this same problem when I put my jet kit in. I was told to tap on the bottom of the float bowl with the handle end of a screw driver. It did the trick. The float valve is probably sticking due to some dirt from the tank. Pretty common problem. Hope this helps.

Woody2
28th April 2009, 08:54
Hey, I had this same problem when I put my jet kit in. I was told to tap on the bottom of the float bowl with the handle end of a screw driver. It did the trick. The float valve is probably sticking due to some dirt from the tank. Pretty common problem. Hope this helps.
Thanks GooseR6, give that man a beer -I gave the float bowl a tap, got it going and everything is now as it should be:rockon: Cheers Daryl.