PDA

View Full Version : Rego and W.O.F question...

Malc
12th March 2005, 09:23
Ok, was just wondering..do your rego and WOF stickers have to be visible on the outside of your machine, or can I stick them under the seat and just show any oinker who happens to pull me over in the hope of a $350,000 fine for having done 106 in a 100 zone?
I'm laid up with the flu..so thought if I can't ride it I may as well polish it...

MSTRS
12th March 2005, 09:32
They are supposed to be visible at all times. If not, the parking sharks will often get you for nondislplay. With the HP etc depends on their mood I think.

XTC
12th March 2005, 10:04
As above. Rego sticker also has to be within a certain distance of your rego plate. All info avail on LTSA web site.

Da Bird
12th March 2005, 11:15
Yeah, what they said. Someone on here recently got a ticket from a parking warden for not displaying a licence label which was stuck under the seat.

Oinker - that's a new one. Not.

Ixion
12th March 2005, 12:11
Hm. I stick mine to the windscreen , like in a car (though the WOF at bottom of screen). That seems logical given the size of a BMW windscreen.

But I'm not sure if it is strictly correct. The rule (actually a notice by the Minister under section 14) seems a bit vague. I read it as on the windscreen, or if that is not practical, near the number plate.

Advantage of on the windscreen is that I can see it easily to (a) notice it has fallen off (!) and (b) notice that it has expired (!) .

But I am bit cautious of talking of windscreens on motorcyles (as opposed to wind deflectors) because in theory if it has a windscreen it should have windscreen wipers !.

Not that they might not be a good thing, though the Beemer has a clever windscreen that I can electrically adjust for height so it is easy to set it to a height where I can look over the top, whilst the rain swoops over my head. :yeah:

inlinefour
12th March 2005, 13:08
As it is not visable to others. Whats wrong with behind the number plate like everyone else?