PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle.com 2009 Litrebike Shootout!

MentalFacility
25th April 2009, 19:35
http://www.motorcycle.com/shoot-outs/2009-literbike-shootout-88218.html

There you go. On the top right of the page there is a video. Watch it, it has some very fair comments on the test.

Basically all these bikes are so awesome it is a hard job to name the leader.

Also their complaint about R1 weight is a bit uncompitent. Absolute majority of R1 riders are going to get a new exhaust, thats around 8kg loss right there, when if u do the same with a CBR u are lucky to get 4kg, since the original exhast is quite light already.

Anyway enjoy the test, and remeber it is only an oppinion!

Shaun P
26th April 2009, 16:25
They would all probably win if you biased the use in one direction or the other, the final results here really mean nothing unless you are going to use the bikes for all of those purposes given!

SixPackBack
26th April 2009, 18:06
There has been 2009 1000cc sportsbike shoot outs by several sources now.
MCN, Motociclismo,Motorcycle.com, PB etc have all provided analysis. 'Experts' cannot agree on what is fastest or handles the best, which bike has the most power etc etc.

The tests are a waste of time. The only logic conclusions the observer can come to is: bias [bought or otherwise], a wide disparity in motorcycle build quality, small differences in temperature and testing conditions [favouring one bike more than an other] etc, etc. The truth is the bikes are probably so close that separating them is very difficult, hence the inconclusive results. This is reflected in the current close racing we see in SBK.

The upcoming 'superbike' test that Australian Motorcycle News gets involved with is similarly flawed. One track will favour one bike over the other, one set of tyres will have a similar affect, one marque will have provided a 'specially prepared' bike, while another marque will have provided a SBK class crew to make sure the bike is tuned correctly track-side.

The tests really do little to help the prospective buyer, even if they buy into the BS. Purchasers are just as interested in if the bike fits [i.e I am a short arse and need a low seat height first and foremost], how much it costs, where the nearest dealer is, what their mates say. And a whole bunch of other erroneous information that defies logic.

R6_kid
26th April 2009, 18:18
Shootouts can be interesting to read, but i'd still be going out to test ride the ones I liked - most likely based on their personal asthetic appeal rather than wank status bestowed upon a particular steed by any magazine.