PDA

View Full Version : Up Round and Back Down Again.

2_SL0
12th March 2005, 17:03
Well at 7.30am I departed Hunua for Clevedon, picked up a mate at Clevedon and we headed down to Miranda way. Mental note I will be putting the liner in the jacket for early rides. Must buy one of the chin wrap around things as my upper neck lost all feeling. Pleasant ride down to Miranda, unussually busy with traffic however. The road was dry so we were able to make good pace.
On to Kopu, Everytime I hit the long straights on highway 2 the same thing happins, 1st I always get stuck behind a stream of cars ussually lead by a leaky cerment truck, 2nd I instantly yawning. Thnank god we dont have coms, as I burst into song to keep myself awake. So if you happin to be parked on the side of HW2 and a bike goes past with some nut screaming at the top of his lungs, its just me, wave and I'll wave happily back.
At Kopu I request we stop for gas and coffee. We get the gas, but my god the only coffe I could find was in a can, Im suspect and decide to wait. We depart and move onto Tairua, Im enjoying the loverly corners and I even manage to get a wave out of a Harley rider. When I notice a couple of drops of water on my visor. Hmmmm, no it couldnt be rain, at which point it begins to give a good ole english drizzle the sky darkens and it turns from a loverly day to a misserable mid winter day.
I happen to have my tinted visor on, so from my point of view its a goddamn storm at midnight. The pace slows down to a gentle cruise, We arrive at Tairua, I DEMAND coffee as Im lacking the rush I require from the dark brew. We settle down in a cafe and discuss our plans, hmm with the helmet off I had discovered it was not infact evening. Well two of us more cowardly lazy softer riders decide to head back to Kopu and had up to cormandel township that way (if weathers good) The third member of the party decides "bugger that Im carrying on." We wave good bye and plan to meet for lunch in Coro.
Off we go, as soon as we are over the first set of hills out of Tairua, the sun appears, but we continue on. I discover that camper vans do not require signaling when stopping. How handy for them, they can just pull over whenever they like. A quick blat thru Thames and on up the coast we go, traffic is minimal so we are able to make good pace.
Occasionally it threatens rain but I wave my fist in the air and backs off. Into Coro and its LUNCHHHH TIMMMME. So fishnchips it is. Once I have devoured my portion and feeling slightly larger and sloath like we climb back onto our steeds. Turns out the weather up to Whitianga and across was poor. YEEEEE, I made the right decision.
Heading over the hills from Coro back to the coast we have a excellent run until we happen upon a ambulance, I decide not to tempt fate and tuck in behind the ambo for a short time. But we are in luck the excellent ambo driver spots us and pulls out of the way. So off we go, the weather holds for a excellent ride back to Kopu. Once again i burst into song as I hit SH2, but at least I dont see any concrete trucks.
Off up to Miranda, this is where I stumble upon the typical noddy driver. We are making great pace along the coast when just round a bend what do I find,..... a late model Holden Commodore parked across the road, (in mid 3 point turn) If you know the road its pretty much the worst spot to attempt a u turn let alone a 3 point turn. What does he do,....... he freezes no no he doesnt get out the way he stops moving completely for at least 3 -5 seconds. There was no way I was goin to squeeze round the back of this noddy. So we sit there and wait for the fu$kwit to finish his u turn. The tosser doesnt even acknowledge we are waiting let alone signaling us that he had farked up.
On we go, I manage to find another noddy on the same pice of road. Im just so lucky. Im his Bongo van he indicates and pulls over, as I go to pass he indicates and pulls back out. Hmm, maybe he thought he was in a camper van, but got confused and decided he at least better signal. We arrive back in Clevedon safe and sound, a quick blat over my fav bit of road and Im safely back at home. On goes the kettle and its more coffee for me, ( I think I have a problem.)
It was a successful trip as at least I didnt drop the bike this time round. :2thumbsup
I had nothing to do, so I thought Ill type my little trip up and post it. Plus I need more coffee....... :confused:

bear
13th March 2005, 07:47
Good to hear I'm not the only one singing to myself. Cheers for the write-up, an interesting read.

2_SL0
18th March 2005, 21:50
hohum
:spudwave:

dveus
18th March 2005, 22:02
We arrive back in Clevedon safe and sound, a quick blat over my fav bit of road and Im safely back at home.

I take it thats monument/sky view road, is definately my favourite little stretch of road, would be nice if it was longer though.

2_SL0
18th March 2005, 22:04
That was you yesterday Dveus ?

dveus
18th March 2005, 22:06
Yup, I head over there most afternoons/nights, makes a nice 3 minute commute take 40mins.

2_SL0
18th March 2005, 22:09
Surprised I havent seen you over there more. I often do a quick blat out to Clevedon etc.

Riff Raff
20th March 2005, 05:29
Yup, I head over there most afternoons/nights, makes a nice 3 minute commute take 40mins.
I do it reasonably frequently too!