PDA

View Full Version : Er-6rr

Cajun
29th April 2009, 13:35
Came across this

http://www.bikerzbay.com/images/stories/kawasaki_img/Kawasaki_ER6-RR_Hoely.jpg

'German tuners Hoely have recently put their hands on a Kawasaki ER-6n and transformed it into a faster, better looking and implicit more challenging bike that they call ER6-RR.

This special includes a vast array of improvements, including: gas-flowed head with an increased compression ratio of 13.8:1, balanced pistons, rods and crank, high-lift cams, advanced ignition, a modified airbox and a full Akrapovic system and to cope with the increase in power around 23bhp extra, its fitted with a R6 radiator.

Chassis components have been borrowed from Kawasaki's top supersport models so the bike features ZX-6R's USD suspensions and ZX-10R's radial brakes.

As the picture shows, this Kawi is built to perform on the track and we reckon that the parallel-twin engine is now capable to be put against any standard four-cylinder middleweight sports bike out there. Now that's a great achievement to take in consideration!'

http://www.bikerzbay.com/index.php/news/293-kawasaki-er6-rr-by-hoely-.html

The Pastor
29th April 2009, 13:59
now that is one coool bike.

Stirts
29th April 2009, 14:02
THAT is farken sexy that is!!!!

Making a farken fun bike even funnerer!!!! :banana:

Stirts
29th April 2009, 14:21
Chassis components have been borrowed from Kawasaki's top supersport models so the bike features ZX-6R's USD suspensions and ZX-10R's radial brakes.

I read somewhere else that the frame hasn’t been stiffen up ..... be interesting to see how well it will manage with the extra bhp.

Bob
30th April 2009, 05:29
Not sure if it is still being run, but the French ran an Er-6 race series:

http://www.moto-station.com/article2013-coupe-kawasaki-er-6-de-la-route-a-la-piste-pourquoi-pas-vous-.html

As you can see from the link, some very nice looking machinery there. Sorry it is in French, but it was their series!

The Stranger
30th April 2009, 08:05
Damn, 3Rs you just know it's going to be fooken fast.

carver
30th April 2009, 12:56
they are a good bike, thats a lot of $ though.
i think kawasaki should have a dig in their parts bin and use older parts that they still have the tooling for to make something like this and keep it inexpensive.

i would buy one new for 15k

CookMySock
30th April 2009, 13:03
[...] ER6-RR.Am I the only one to read "ERROR" ?

Freudian slip perhaps?

Steve

R6_kid
1st May 2009, 11:46
Well it doesn't have Hyosung in front of it so it's still got a decent probability of functioning ok without too much hassle.

In KB terminology ER-6RR is more likely to be pronounced "ear sexer" so you may want to invest in some hearing protection, and with all those R's it's also a definate candidate for a pirate bike.

ducatilover
1st May 2009, 14:25
Shit that's quite neat wouldn't mind one myself :yes:

nsrpaul
3rd May 2009, 20:50
if it came with decent brakes and suspension from the factory, i would happily pay more and own one

there is a hole in the market for a sportsbike that looks hot and has a decent spec chassis package, around 70hp is ideal for road use i reckon

and the first person to say a 900ss, they don't handle or stop half as good as an r6

ktm rc4 anyone?

ducatilover
3rd May 2009, 20:56
if it came with decent brakes and suspension from the factory, i would happily pay more and own one

there is a hole in the market for a sportsbike that looks hot and has a decent spec chassis package, around 70hp is ideal for road use i reckon

and the first person to say a 900ss, they don't handle or stop half as good as an r6

ktm rc4 anyone?

May I say street triple R? They may have a bit more than 70hp [96 odd at the wheel...]