PDA

View Full Version : Fingerprint login on an acer laptop

Hiflyer
30th April 2009, 00:37
Does anybody know how to remove options from the "login with fingerprint" thing you can do over the net?

for example i try and log into my hotmail and it gives me three different options to choose from cos i have entered 2 wrong and 1 correct passwords, and the details shown of each login pasword and username is all the same!

so does anyone know how to remove some of the incorrect options but not all of them?

"delete browsing history" under the "tools" menu doesnt work for me

Gremlin
30th April 2009, 00:46
Sounds like the credentials are being stored within the fingerprint/password manager software itself.

Honestly, disable/uninstall the fucken fingerprint software shit.

Warr
30th April 2009, 00:52
Maybe on the wrong track for you ...
But often in a field that remembers login names including wrong or redundant ones,
It is possible to just delete the unwanted ones by using the delete key when highlighted :)

Hiflyer
30th April 2009, 01:05
well it woks for nearly all of my logins, but i am lazy and like technology to do things for me, so i have tried the delete key but to no avail, i might have to find the software, uninstall it then instal it again like gemlin said

Gremlin
30th April 2009, 01:30
I didn't say re-install it :bash:

I'm happy to type in most of the stuff.

My frustration comes from the earlier days of fingerprint recognition, that would remove the normal login. My users would think, cool, fingerprint software, and set it up. All of a sudden, "administrator" the highest power on a network... is useless. :angry2:

edit: Hiflyer, it also depends on which browser you are using. Mozilla has a built in password manager, but you are able to delete the input its automatically put in.

CookMySock
30th April 2009, 09:39
[....] but i am lazy and like technology to do things for me, so i have tried the delete key:lol:

Steve